Help secure the future of Warrington RLFC

On 31/07/2022 at 09:04, Old Frightful said:

Does Karl Fitzpatrick have a wife or daughter called Debbie?

Perhaps that might go some way to explaining the OP's bitterness.

That cant be right.... surely he'd be bitter at every other female in the world who turned him down,  Debbie actually did Dallas! 

On 31/07/2022 at 10:03, Harry Stottle said:

So what is Mr Fitzpatrick actually guilty of, I have not seen him miss any tackles, give a knock on or forward pass, give away loads of penalties and even sulk when they are losing, could it be that he selects the team and is Mr Powell's game planner and tactical advisor? If so he needs sacking.

Id say the CEO is the most significant person at the club creating culture, values, respect, structure, educational programmes and team work. 

I believe he has failed in every respect

On 31/07/2022 at 17:20, ELBOWSEYE said:

In my opinion its the lateness of the changes needed to keep the club at the top end, so wire fans point out that it only needed tweaking after Price. I saw a reduced leading group replaced by very average players. Some high profile playmakers signed but a very poor first choice pack and with no signs of allowing any platform to be laid for backs to work off. Hopefully the forwards signed for next season will have enough leaders to push the playing group to higher standards because no matter how good a coach is if he has no leaders he will fail. 

I think the lack of leaders is overstated somewhat. 

The pack isn't great, but nor is it as individually bad as it has coectively played. A pack containing Mike Cooper, Daryl Clarke, Jason Clark, Ben Currie, Jack Hughes, Joe Philbin, Oliver Holmes should be no mugs. 

And then a team containing Ratch, Widdop, Williams on top of those mentioned has no shortage of leaders. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2022 at 09:57, M j M said:

I won't dignify the opening troll but I am intrigued where Wire fans think the club has gone wrong off the field since Covid.

At the start of the season I was expecting some sort of optimism now the dark days of Priceball were over and they'd just appointed one of the best regarded coaches in the league who was known for promoting attractive football. But even before the team started to display their comedic turns crowds were down and apathy clearly evident.

What happened? 

I've been consistent on this all year, even back in the days when we won the odd game, but we have done the absolute bare minimum all year. I'm mot sure whether we have made cuts behind the scenes, but there is a definite element of doing things on the cheap. 

We haven't had any kind of lights shows, no fireworks, no DJ's, sometimes Wolfie isn't there, bars and food offerings have been reduced - basically anything above bare minimum has been stopped. That has to be down to cost cutting, I assume on the back of Covid hits. 

The quality of website content, social media, advertising etc is the most basic I've seen in years from Wire. 

I've enjoyed the few games I've been able to attend this year, but the quality off-field is severely lacking. 

• Like 2

if you want to save Warrington can I suggest a merger with Widnes as a good move. if not for Warrington then for rugby league in general as it would enable 2 teams well run to come into super league instead of one at the end of the season if a merged Widnes/Warrington club could consolidate in the championship.

12 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Not offering Hill a 2 year deal was the master stroke, on and off field influence would have been huge in a transition

Powell would have just released him anyway as he has with other top talent from the squad. 

1 hour ago, The storm said:

Id say the CEO is the most significant person at the club creating culture, values, respect, structure, educational programmes and team work. 

I believe he has failed in every respect

OK then, sack him!

Albeit the most significant person at any club in my opinion is he who puts his hand in his pocket, everything else feeds of that.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The pack isn't great, but nor is it as individually bad as it has coectively played. A pack containing Mike Cooper, Daryl Clarke, Jason Clark, Ben Currie, Jack Hughes, Joe Philbin, Oliver Holmes should be no mugs. 

And then a team containing Ratch, Widdop, Williams on top of those mentioned has no shortage of leaders. 

Then it's all down the the driver who operates the steering wheel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then it's all down the the driver who operates the steering wheel?

Yes, imo.

I think it would be very difficult not to pin this on Powell. His plan hasn't worked so far. Whether it will ever work is to be aeen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I've been consistent on this all year, even back in the days when we won the odd game, but we have done the absolute bare minimum all year. I'm mot sure whether we have made cuts behind the scenes, but there is a definite element of doing things on the cheap. 

We haven't had any kind of lights shows, no fireworks, no DJ's, sometimes Wolfie isn't there, bars and food offerings have been reduced - basically anything above bare minimum has been stopped. That has to be down to cost cutting, I assume on the back of Covid hits. 

The quality of website content, social media, advertising etc is the most basic I've seen in years from Wire. 

I've enjoyed the few games I've been able to attend this year, but the quality off-field is severely lacking. 

Digital content has been stripped back as they've been pushing subscriptions for wire tv

23 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Digital content has been stripped back as they've been pushing subscriptions for wire tv

They've not even pushed that too hard. Although I think they've been reading the room on that one! 

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think performance level says otherwise. 

On 01/08/2022 at 11:02, ATLANTISMAN said:

Very well run club ,just had some bad luck this season Chris Hill would have been worth a 2 year extension IMHO.

Paul

What bad luck have wire had then that’s put them in this position?

more injuries than anyone else - nope

more suspensions than anyone else - nope

more penalties given against them during games than anyone else - nope

really struggling to think of what this bad luck may be ???😆

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 01/08/2022 at 11:02, ATLANTISMAN said:

Very well run club ,just had some bad luck this season Chris Hill would have been worth a 2 year extension IMHO.

Paul

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

55 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I think performance level says otherwise. 

But these players have proven they can perform better than they are. That suggests something outside of their playing ability is the issue here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

we've let more players leave during the season than anyone else... does that count? :kolobok_ph34r: