Can Rugby League in Rochdale and Oldham Survive?

jroyales

9 hours ago, clifford said:

The major issue by playing at BP is the 400 Hardy souls in the main stand will have an effect that we have no support in a massive stadium at least at whitebank 400 people looks full. 

Also would 400 cover the cost of the ground stewards etc.

Think there needs to be a vast improvement on the playing front before moving to BP.

The fact is it doesn't look cost effective 

Bludey 'ell Cliff!!

2 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

in a answer this club will not survive in its present state.

It's survived so far. However having said that no club/business can survive in its present state. Continuity and change are a must in the survival stakes. It's a question of getting the balance right.

2 hours ago, tandle said:

iam glad r1064 some one else sees the true facts, nobody is going to invest monies into oldham rlfc as it stands.

and another fact ch cant afford to leave whitebank its his comfort zone.

You're mixing facts with opinion. Neither you me nor anyone else, apart from those running the club, have the 'true facts'. So it's your opinion based on hearsay and supposition.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

Rochdale FC’s attendance today was 273 (I saw that in the bbc website, assumed it was a typo but it’s also on their own website), anyone know what’s going on? Anything to do with why Hornets have been playing with one stand open? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Rochdale FC’s attendance today was 273 (I saw that in the bbc website, assumed it was a typo but it’s also on their own website), anyone know what’s going on? Anything to do with why Hornets have been playing with one stand open? 

How many have Hornets been getting? That must be a record low, surely.

25 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

How many have Hornets been getting? That must be a record low, surely.

Yeah definitely but it won’t just because people didn’t want to go, even at their lowest ebb I’d expect them to get almost 2,000. 

Hornets have been getting 4-500 I think. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Bank holiday weekend maybe!? Think people would rather go to the caravan than spotland.

21 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Bank holiday weekend maybe!? Think people would rather go to the caravan than spotland.

Now, now, now. Thats no way to respond to the prospect of gathering with your friends and neighbours!

We would love to see you again and renew our rivalry. Bring it on!

Do your stuff against Hunslet while we ‘rest up’ for you v Keighly.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Now, now, now. Thats no way to respond to the prospect of gathering with your friends and neighbours!

We would love to see you again and renew our rivalry. Bring it on!

Do your stuff against Hunslet while we ‘rest up’ for you v Keighly.

I'd be at the caravan.

I cannot speak for Rochdale, however I do believe that Oldham "will" survive and 'hopefully prosper' - As a main sponsor and volunteer, I do look to the future of Oldham with one cautious eye on the RFL and IMG's future recommendations. I dont believe that many new investors will contribute heavily into a sport which is not clear itself on its future.

So until then, its 'us' (CH, Sponsors, volunteers and supporters)  the club have not once this season come out with a begging bowl, we even reduced shirt prices to give more a chance for more to be able to afford one.....

What is important and what 'we' can all do, is support the lads on Sunday big time, give them them the best chance to get into the Play Offs  - from there we re-group together and support Stu/Shez and the lads, to do the best we can.... who knows!!! 

Cmon !!

John

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, RoddersRL2022 said:

I cannot speak for Rochdale, however I do believe that Oldham "will" survive and 'hopefully prosper' - As a main sponsor and volunteer, I do look to the future of Oldham with one cautious eye on the RFL and IMG's future recommendations. I dont believe that many new investors will contribute heavily into a sport which is not clear itself on its future.

So until then, its 'us' (CH, Sponsors, volunteers and supporters)  the club have not once this season come out with a begging bowl, we even reduced shirt prices to give more a chance for more to be able to afford one.....

What is important and what 'we' can all do, is support the lads on Sunday big time, give them them the best chance to get into the Play Offs  - from there we re-group together and support Stu/Shez and the lads, to do the best we can.... who knows!!! 

Cmon !!

John

I don't doubt your commitment to the cause John and I am grateful to have you on board but the club came out with the begging bowl during COVID asking for the season ticket money to be donated and where has that money gone? The fans gave that money for nothing in return. The time has come for this to be a real partnership and supporters should be allowed to buy a stake in the club, you will get the fans engaged and investment at this crucial stage

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AmigoTopping said:

I don't doubt your commitment to the cause John and I am grateful to have you on board but the club came out with the begging bowl during COVID asking for the season ticket money to be donated and where has that money gone? The fans gave that money for nothing in return. The time has come for this to be a real partnership and supporters should be allowed to buy a stake in the club, you will get the fans engaged and investment at this crucial stage

I am not ignoring the points you make and maybe they are  for another day to explore - In the meantime as a future investor or for any other potential investors watching in the background, lets for this week focus on Sundays game and get the win.

• Like 4