Sun 7th Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Catalans Dragons KO 15:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/22 at 14:30

9 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

On another thread you quote its hard to be neutral clearly you are not

I am, but in all cases favour one above t'other.This is difficult because I don't like P&R but used to live near Perpignan so Les Dracs became a second team.

I supported Trin against Cas as the underdog (or so I thought!) and was impressed with the way they played.

And don't want anyone to go down, no matter what.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

20 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I am, but in all cases favour one above t'other.This is difficult because I don't like P&R but used to live near Perpignan so Les Dracs became a second team.

I supported Trin against Cas as the underdog (or so I thought!) and was impressed with the way they played.

And don't want anyone to go down, no matter what.

Understood

43 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Understood

I'm glad and I thought all RL lovers watched games their side wasn't involved in with a slight preference for one of them  or in the case of saints v wigan a chance to cheer each time one of them tackles seven bells out of the other!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

The specter of relegation is at play sadly, so what more can you say.

Then don't wish for one team to go down (Wakey) so that another one can survive (Toulouse), you have made that very clear in your comments on the two matches both these clubs are involved in this weekend.

It seems what you are wishing for is acceptable on these pages yet if someone said they want Wakey and HKR to win which in all intense and purpose would most likely relegate Toulouse they would be classed as a Francophile, anti- expansionist, flat cap whippet walker, local sport for local people advocate, and wanting the game to die a slow death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Trinity can show the same enthusiasm against Catalan as they did v Cas then they'll win.

McNamara will take some getting over that come back by Leeds. It's fifteen years since Wigan did that to him at Odsal. Wigan of course had 13 players on the field. How his team react will be interesting.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then don't wish for one team to go down (Wakey) so that another one can survive (Toulouse)

Show me the evidence that I've stated that Harry, i leave al that to the proponents of P&R, those that find it interesting and useful.

On 02/08/2022 at 21:03, Oxford said:

Hoping for a TO win sorry HKR! What do reckon John?

21 hours ago, Oxford said:

Hard to be a neutral when so much is at stake I hope TO win.

@Oxford you also say on this thread you wish for a Dragons victory over Wakefield, honest answer please is that not in the hope that it will help Toulouse to survive the drop, whilst knowing full well the consequences of that coupled with your "hard to be neutral" in wanting a Toulouse victory at HKR will go along way to Wakefield being relegated, I understand from many of your previous posts your dislike of P&R and but it is inevitable this season it going to happen to one of these two clubs and I would guess which mast your colours are firmly nailed on.

40 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Oxford you also say on this thread you wish for a Dragons victory over Wakefield, honest answer please is that not in the hope that it will help Toulouse to survive the drop, whilst knowing full well the consequences of that coupled with your "hard to be neutral" in wanting a Toulouse victory at HKR will go along way to Wakefield being relegated, I understand from many of your previous posts your dislike of P&R and but it is inevitable this season it going to happen to one of these two clubs and I would guess which mast your colours are firmly nailed on.

The consequences of a wish Harry, I don't think that's an argument that would stand up in any law court. I have a soft spot for the French sides I admit that, any time, anywhere but I hate P&R and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I have given up arguing what relegation involves as no one thinks it matters and does no harm & because its an essential element of British Sport. This last point is an argument I can't comprehend and can't agree with.

Having seen at first hand what french sides and RL fans have had to put up with in that country I believe the only way out of that trap (for want of a better word) is to have sides in SL.

If you see my other responses to questions on this Harry I hope you'll find I'm consistent in all my answers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1