Sun 7th Aug: SL: St Helens v Castleford Tigers KO 13:00 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/22 at 12:30

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

No chance

It is pretty much a text book penalty try.  Player was a foot away from the line with the ball in front of him and no cover defender to get close enough to stop the try.  The man behind him pulled his arm back in interference when he didn't have the ball.  The try would have been scored otherwise so penalty try.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Great to see Sosaia Feki make his long awaited debut after what must have been a terrible time for him.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Is Bevan French starting to worry?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

It is pretty much a text book penalty try.  Player was a foot away from the line with the ball in front of him and no cover defender to get close enough to stop the try.  The man behind him pulled his arm back in interference when he didn't have the ball.  The try would have been scored otherwise so penalty try.

Yeah? If that's clear cut then wonder why Cats didn't get that one in the grand final then ?

It's a joke how Saints are favoured in every way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah? If that's clear cut then wonder why Cats didn't get that one in the grand final then ?

It's a joke how Saints are favoured in every way 

I am just commenting on the decision in this game which was pretty clear cut.

If you look back to the Grand Final thread then you will see I thought that one was a penalty try as well.

I don't think that is a game that will live particularly long in anyone's memory. Far from a vintage performance but pleasing to get the win and stay 4 clear at the top.

Surprised Castleford only went at Hill and Davies later in the match, especially as Hill was struggling with a shoulder injury since around the 20 minute mark.

3 tries each today, and with the strength of the respective goalkickers, you wouldn't back against Richardson in that situation. 

For Saints, it's all about building for the play off semi final now. A lot will ride on who is available for us. A firing Percival and Hopoate would be a huge boost.

9 hours ago, Niels said:

Hi Lee, did you hear the lady summarise say if he had scored it would have been an 8 point try?

Is this correct? I haven't heard of this.

An 8 point try would only be awarded if the try scorer was fouled in the act of scoring. 
The entire point of the incident in this game was that they were prevented from scoring so the comment made was a bit of a stretch. 

8 point tries are very rare. I’m struggling to recall one 

• Thanks 1

Poor Game, loads of errors from both teams and neither looking particularly fluid in attack. I think Saints were always going to struggle on their left edge with Davies & Hill, even more so with Hill playing most of the game with an injury he picked up early in the 1st half. By the time the decided he really couldn't get his shoulder into the tackle after Cas's 2nd try and took him off it was too late, the damage was done. Though having Davies on the wing wasn't any better, I just don't get why he keeps getting picked ??

The plus for Saints though is they'll have Mata'utia back in the centres next week and should get Hopoate back at 1 which would let Bennison return to the wing

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

20 hours ago, johnh1 said:

When should they have played it?

I meant Cas should have saved the travel costs and the RFL should have just given Saints the game.

20 hours ago, Fevrover said:

As much as Hull playing lol.

Probably.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)