Fri 5th Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 19:45

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/08/22 at 19:15

Conversion good,

Hudds 18 Hull FC 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Danny Levi with another soft try, game over.

Hooter gone, Pryce not bothered with the conversion,?

Hudds 22 Hull FC16 GAME OVER.

7 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

22-16 is definitely my favourite score of the weekend!

Get a life  😛

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

For all my Hull FC friends. It could be worse - check out the Warrington score. 😉

PS. I hope I'm still smiling on Sunday evening. 🤔

Edited by tonyXIII
  • Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Giants forwards looked on top throughout, with Hulls efforts coming off Huddersfield errors for the most part, in my opinion of course. 

The longer the game went on with so little in it, the more it looked like the Giants would win.

If Gale and Connor spent less time chelping to the ref and more time playing, they might do better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Will Smith is apparently in the bin for slapping a Hudds player after Connor Wynne's try.

Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

Strange one that as both Kendall and Smith were at Wigan. 🤔

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Once again we come back and win a game we would have lost previously, Watson's rotation is absolutely bang on at times, when to bring Levi on, when to bring Trout/Greenwood back on, he does it at crucial times and everyone of them seem to make a huge difference.

Owen Trout has to be the in form prop in Super League right now, i can't remember the last time he didn't make yards after contact, he just carries people, sometimes 3 or 4 after every hit up, Joe Greenwood and Oli Wilson can't be that far behind him either.

10-0 down at half time and those around me were scathing and worried, i said to them it's gonna be exactly like last week where we just bide our time, grind the opposition down with our punishing contact yards and repeat sets then pounce and take the 2 points, it was absolutely deja-vu tonight.

I love what these players are doing, i love the noise the crowd are now creating on the back of that and i love the fact that we are winning without playing well against decent sides, Hull were pretty good tonight and i would have quite happily conceded a fair defeat to them.

I'm seeing faces at the games i haven't seen for nigh on 10 years and i'm actually really enjoying and looking forward to Fartown games again.

In Watto we trust.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You have a radio?

No. He has a wireless.😉

Just given my age away, haven't I ?🥺

• Like 2

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Despite Huddersfield being 3rd in the table they aren't a team that I really fear. I think they have just managed to find consistently decent performances. Hull are woefully inconsistent, but if they play to the best of their ability they have the beating of Huddersfield.

They probably played as well I've seen them for 40 minutes but this Giants team is a bit of an animal and preys on its opponent before gouging them 

Second half was one say traffic, led superbly by our young, British forwards and aided by some quality work from Danny Levi and Leroy on his 300th super league appearance.

Hull had no answer to us in the final 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, meast said:

They probably played as well I've seen them for 40 minutes but this Giants team is a bit of an animal and preys on its opponent before gouging them 

Second half was one say traffic, led superbly by our young, British forwards and aided by some quality work from Danny Levi and Leroy on his 300th super league appearance.

Hull had no answer to us in the final 20 minutes.

I didn't expect to win, we are just lacking a few too many players, but being 10 up going into the last 20 it was a disappointing one to lose. It sounded like you ground us down and eventually proved to have just a bit too much. 

Obviously you will have seen your team play more than I have this year, but I have never seen them and been blown away. I have however been impressed with the consistently solid performances. They make themselves very hard to beat and have the quality to break the game open when its tight towards the end. Do I think you can beat Saints or Wigan in a playoff game? Probably not yet, but give it another season or two...

12 hours ago, Ant said:

Giants forwards looked on top throughout, with Hulls efforts coming off Huddersfield errors for the most part, in my opinion of course. 

The longer the game went on with so little in it, the more it looked like the Giants would win.

If Gale and Connor spent less time chelping to the ref and more time playing, they might do better.

In Ashworth, Greenwood, Wilson, Trout and English we have some unbelievable young talent who very rarely have a bad game between them, to lose players like Chris Hill and Seb Ikahihifo would cripple most packs when the rest are young uns but Watson has turned these guys into very important players for us this year.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MZH said:

I didn't expect to win, we are just lacking a few too many players, but being 10 up going into the last 20 it was a disappointing one to lose. It sounded like you ground us down and eventually proved to have just a bit too much. 

Obviously you will have seen your team play more than I have this year, but I have never seen them and been blown away. I have however been impressed with the consistently solid performances. They make themselves very hard to beat and have the quality to break the game open when its tight towards the end. Do I think you can beat Saints or Wigan in a playoff game? Probably not yet, but give it another season or two...

Probably not an unfair observation, I dare say they play in a very NRL style, super efficient, very patient, very methodical

What I would also say is that they really do have some genuine flair but only break it out when it's on, and what highlights don't show is that a lot of that flair oddly happens midfield rather than red zone. 

TL:DR - there are some very exciting players in the Giants squad, but it's used efficiently, not as a starting point 

22 hours ago, MZH said:

You've summed us up there, we are consistent and hard to beat without being spectacular, we don't have the pace or power of Saints or Wigan but we make up for that with work rate, effort and sheer bloody mindedness and a will to win.

8 hours ago, meast said:

You've summed us up there, we are consistent and hard to beat without being spectacular, we don't have the pace or power of Saints or Wigan but we make up for that with work rate, effort and sheer bloody mindedness and a will to win.

It's always been my opinion that effort and attitude are very important, but will only get you so far. The key for Huddersfield/Watson over the next couple of seasons will be to keep those good traits you have now whilst adding a bit more quality to the side. It can be a tough balance sometimes.

• Like 1