Thur 4th Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/22 at 19:30

7 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Have you not heard the cheers from Leigh?

So glad I never took Hull KR -8 thought this would be too close to call. Infact bookies have all games kinda spot on this week. Hard to pick a team for the first time in ages. Anyway commiserations to Toulouse, don't want to see anyone going down too but if we win on Sunday I feel we are safe (fingers crossed) Up the Trin

• Like 1

Gutted for Toulouse, but you could see that coming. The turning point was Albert's dreadful kick out on the full. Before then, they looked reasonably comfortable. After that, it was all Hull KR.

I've really enjoyed having Toulouse in the comp this year. I've looked out for their results every week, and was hoping to get down there to watch Saints, but sadly wasn't to be this year. They've added a bit of glamour which has been a welcome change. But I think they're now certainties to be relegated, and we'll have another one of Leigh's 12-month visits to the super league to make up the numbers next year.

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Somehow it has become incredibly subjective now though.

It has, but that's how it always was for much of the time I watched the sport. I did enjoy the free play rule though. 

Don't know how Toulouse lost that...

Hull KR were throwing the ball around and coming up with errors. TO 16-6 up, and the last 15-20 minutes sees them get turned over.

I thought TO just had to keep it tight n straight up the middle. Alvaro, Sangaré, Belmas, Peyroux, etc. were getting them good ground.

SKD was really central for KR, but I thought that was a game that the Gallic cellars dwellers should have tied up and strangled the life out of their opposition.

Georgia Stanway is a better analyst that either WILKIN or MCDERMOTT. 

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

This one was winnable with a video ref, unfortunately they came up short. The others...not a chance, no matter how well they played.  A video ref should be mandatory for all SL games, some of the referring in France has been embarrassing. 

They were hamstrung from the start of this season after all they have to pay for the travelling teams. 

Still... how many games will Wakefield win from here on in? It might all boil down to TO v Catalans in a few weeks time. 

I would like Toulouse to stay up but I do find it odd when various people are putting all their hope on a game against a top 4 side (Catalan). Surely more chance against poorer teams away from home? Or even against Saints in the last game of the season after a busy schedule the weekend before.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

More than progressing down field and passing the ball? That is free play stuff. Hull KR used their advantage and blew it, play on.

I'm not sure if we are discussing the same incident, but if it's the one on 35minutes, the Toulouse player dropped it just outside the 10m line, and KR also then dropped it on around the 11m mark. 

No progress was made. I suspect I may be looking at the wrong incident? 

Wow, listening to that was as frustrating as watching/listening to Wakey for 73 minutes and as nerve wracking for the last 7. It seemed like HKR were looking for ways to lose and basically not play smart. Anyway job done. I just wish I was as confident as most on here that the relegation issue is done and dusted. It really isn't!! Wakey don't need to win many, maybe only one, more likely two, and I think they're capable, especially if they can keep the determined underdog mentality going, but until the points are in the bag they're not safe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Gutted for Toulouse, but you could see that coming. The turning point was Albert's dreadful kick out on the full. Before then, they looked reasonably comfortable. After that, it was all Hull KR.

I've really enjoyed having Toulouse in the comp this year. I've looked out for their results every week, and was hoping to get down there to watch Saints, but sadly wasn't to be this year. They've added a bit of glamour which has been a welcome change. But I think they're now certainties to be relegated, and we'll have another one of Leigh's 12-month visits to the super league to make up the numbers next year.

Leigh won't be relegated next year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Toulouse just aren’t good enough to stay up simple as that. They've a handful of good players, mainly the bigger name Aussies Alvarro, Peats & Norman. Russell & Ashall-Bott are decent lower end standard but most the rest, including the French players (Sangarre apart who is ok) are championship standard. The coach isn’t up to much either. Their race is run. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

I would like Toulouse to stay up but I do find it odd when various people are putting all their hope on a game against a top 4 side (Catalan). Surely more chance against poorer teams away from home? Or even against Saints in the last game of the season after a busy schedule the weekend before.

None of us know how the final games will pan out. However I do feel our lads will go all out for it on Sunday. Too close to call imo following week we're at Home to Wigan absolute no chance. If we lose on Sunday, then it's still all to play for imo especially if Toulouse win at Warrington...you just never know.

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

To be honest if the an is to go to 14 teams next year was the perfect time i think

Where does the money come from, unless we cut players wage and push more to the darkside 

• Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Toulouse just aren’t good enough to stay up simple as that. They've a handful of good players, mainly the bigger name Aussies Alvarro, Peats & Norman. Russell & Ashall-Bott are decent lower end standard but most the rest, including the French players (Sangarre apart who is ok) are championship standard. The coach isn’t up to much either. Their race is run. 

That may be true but Wakefield quite obviously aren't much better. If it wasn't for Toulouse throwing away several games then things would also be quite different. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

The coach isn't up to much? He's been with them for 10 years is only 41 (yesterday) and taken them from nothing to the Super League. What a stupid comment

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Trin said:

None of us know how the final games will pan out. However I do feel our lads will go all out for it on Sunday. Too close to call imo following week we're at Home to Wigan absolute no chance. If we lose on Sunday, then it's still all to play for imo especially if Toulouse win at Warrington...you just never know.

There are always odd results crop up at the end of the season. And I think Wakefield have as good a chance as anyone outside the top 4 against Catalans. My point was that I think people are expecting Toulouse to pull off something against the Dragons. I'm not sure TO have the mental toughness or experience of the relegation scrap like Wakey and I think they stand a better chance against someone like Wire who are in a pretty poor state themselves and also maybe don't have that scrappy win mentality. 

The closeness reminds me of the season when London went down and the bottom 2 or 3 were picking up wins in the last few weeks. I'm not sure that will be the case this year (would be great entertainment if it did happen). One more win for Trin and I think they'll have it. And maybe not even need that 1 win.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

That may be true but Wakefield quite obviously aren't much better. If it wasn't for Toulouse throwing away several games then things would also be quite different. 

Are you suggesting that if games had ended differently it would have affected the league table? Surely not!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I think you’re forgetting how many leads Trinity have thrown away, if they’d have closed out the games they’d led in this last month, they’d be pushing for the play offs. A lot of inconsistency throughout the league this season. 

i personally think this years relegation battle is gonna go to the wire.

4 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

There are always odd results crop up at the end of the season. And I think Wakefield have as good a chance as anyone outside the top 4 against Catalans. My point was that I think people are expecting Toulouse to pull off something against the Dragons. I'm not sure TO have the mental toughness or experience of the relegation scrap like Wakey and I think they stand a better chance against someone like Wire who are in a pretty poor state themselves and also maybe don't have that scrappy win mentality. 

The closeness reminds me of the season when London went down and the bottom 2 or 3 were picking up wins in the last few weeks. I'm not sure that will be the case this year (would be great entertainment if it did happen). One more win for Trin and I think they'll have it. And maybe not even need that 1 win.

If all fails with the next 2 home games v Catalan & Wigan. We still have KR at Home and Hull away...not that we have a good record against the latter. If we can stay up I really do feel our club can start to grow next season. With freeing up likes of Bill Toupou and Tom Johnstone amongst God knows how many casualties I feel this could be a turning point in Trinity's future. As North Yorks Trinity as said we just want clarification that we're safe...don't want it to drag out to the end of the season but in our clubs case it bl**dy will do. 

2 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Are you suggesting that if games had ended differently it would have affected the league table? Surely not!

Just pointing out how silly it is for Wakefield fans on this thread to try and ridicule Toulouse and their players when the reality is that their own team and players are no better. If Toulouse look like a Championship side at times then so do Wakefield.

3 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

I think you’re forgetting how many leads Trinity have thrown away, if they’d have closed out the games they’d led in this last month, they’d be pushing for the play offs. A lot of inconsistency throughout the league this season. 

i personally think this years relegation battle is gonna go to the wire.

Wakefield have played some great games this year, against Castleford, Warrington particularly. Injuries have been the main reason they are low in the table. 

They have had some convincing wins that Toulouse haven't. 

The tackling last week against Castleford was far above a level Toulouse have shown. 

Toulouse got what they deserved in this game. I can’t believe they didn’t try and make an attempt to go for a DG in the first half. When they went 6-16 up on 44mins it looked as if they were content with that score line as they hardly created anything for the other 36mins, i can see why they’re bottom.
It was a good effort from HKR, but “TO XIII” will be kicking themselves again. 

• Like 2