Halifax away - Premier Sports

Batley Bob

16 minutes ago, thefaxfanman said:

No excuses here. Having watched your game tonight, we've got nothing to fear. Even less on a short week.

Shut down Hooley and jam in on Manning and you've no plan B

We'll see

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, thefaxfanman said:

No excuses here. Having watched your game tonight, we've got nothing to fear. Even less on a short week.

I think 3 games in 8 days, and 3 serious looking injuries sustained tonight will be our undoing. If you don't beat us on Sunday, there is something very wrong at Halifax.

Then again, Halifax has always been too close to Lancashire for my liking, to not have something very wrong about it! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, thefaxfanman said:

Bearing in mind we put a shift in against rams, lads been working with a short turn around, then another short turnaround before we meet your lot with tired aching bodies with a few players carrying knocks. So to sum it up fax should be favourites. But having said that they were at London,  but got stuffed. It's a funny old game.

Edited by Dog forever

9 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think 3 games in 8 days, and 3 serious looking injuries sustained tonight will be our undoing. If you don't beat us on Sunday, there is something very wrong at Halifax.

Then again, Halifax has always been too close to Lancashire for my liking, to not have something very wrong about it! 😜

Sounds like you are saying Batley are just turning up to lie down. 🤣 Now that wouldn't be very Batley like would it. 

In all seriousness though it does sound like both teams just picking up a few injuries and with small squads it can make a difference. Who got injured for you last night? No Ward or Lilleycrop lastnight? Im not going to lie I would be very pleased if neither played against us Sunday, I get this feeling of dread when I see their names on the team sheet. Im expecting a really close game and hopefully be good viewing for the cameras.

Hodson came off with with a head knock, Kay limped past us with an ice pack on his knee at halftime, Blake limped off midway through the second half. None of them returned during the game. All could be precautionary, but with such a short turn around it wouldn't be a shock to see some or all of them ruled out for Sunday. 

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sounds like you are saying Batley are just turning up to lie down. 🤣 Now that wouldn't be very Batley like would it. 

In all seriousness though it does sound like both teams just picking up a few injuries and with small squads it can make a difference. Who got injured for you last night? No Ward or Lilleycrop lastnight? Im not going to lie I would be very pleased if neither played against us Sunday, I get this feeling of dread when I see their names on the team sheet. Im expecting a really close game and hopefully be good viewing for the cameras.

Lillycrop and ward are both OK,  win or lose on Sunday,  no excuses from me , the best team on the day will win it  

• Like 3

IMG_0583.JPG

Everybody has their eye on this one but im not sure if this game is what's going to settle 3rd place a win for us gives us a 4 point gap going a long way to possibly sealing 3rd spot, but then we have two very difficult games after this, barrow home, London away,2 wins? where as fax have thunder and bulls at home 2 wins yes! so there could still be a few more twists and turns yet! 

14 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Maybe we have to recall Burton from Hunslet. He should certainly be match fit and showed some good signs for us earlier in the season.

If Kaye is out and Leak is OK then l suspect we will use White as hooker replacement and Meadows to replace White as hb. 

Josh got a poke in the eye, said after that he expects to recover. If not Morton to centre Perry on the wing. Glad people are asking the question that I've been slated for....why are we running on empty whilst having Everett, Collinson, Burton, Milnthorpe out elsewhere, Carr blown out and recalled to Giants etc? Get them all back and back into our game plan. Somebody said last night...ah but if we do that now they can't go back to their loan club! So? They're OUR SIGNED ON, CONTRACTED PLAYERS!! I care about the rest of OUR season. 

19 minutes ago, phildog said:

Josh got a poke in the eye, said after that he expects to recover. If not Morton to centre Perry on the wing. Glad people are asking the question that I've been slated for....why are we running on empty whilst having Everett, Collinson, Burton, Milnthorpe out elsewhere, Carr blown out and recalled to Giants etc? Get them all back and back into our game plan. Somebody said last night...ah but if we do that now they can't go back to their loan club! So? They're OUR SIGNED ON, CONTRACTED PLAYERS!! I care about the rest of OUR season. 

Running on empty? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Hodson came off with with a head knock, Kay limped past us with an ice pack on his knee at halftime, Blake limped off midway through the second half. None of them returned during the game. All could be precautionary, but with such a short turn around it wouldn't be a shock to see some or all of them ruled out for Sunday. 

Blake returned to the field with about 8 minutes left…

Hodson was taken off due to a poke in the eye should be fine for Sunday 

• Like 2