Halifax away - Premier Sports

Batley Bob

Let's put this into perspective it was our 3rd game in 8 days tough ask for any team to play all 3 at 100% at any level,  we won 2 lost 1,would we have settled for that YES! Would we have preferred not play a tough midweek game  before this one  YES! Did it have an affect on the game YES! even the fax coach said he wasn't taking too much out of the game because he knew how difficult it was for batley to play 3 in 8, you could see quite a few batley players were off the pace tonight which lead to us letting in some very sloppy tries! So I thought linners comments were a bit harsh on our boys! Did halifax play well YES! They had a game plan to slowly grind us down giving us very little field position which they did, sometimes as said you just have to take things on the chin and move on! which is all we can do because barrow next week won't be easy! As for Campbell he's been excellent all season for us, tonight he had a nightmare and doesn't need constantly reminding of it, as for the sending off for me it was all open handed contact maybe one too many but not over the top! Although you would have thought the way jouffret went down he'd received a right hander from TYSON! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

Agree with most of the sentiments so far. Best team won, I can’t recall them making any real errors that we capitalized upon. 3 games in 9 days was always gonna be tough. They looked quicker up the middle, and made extra yards in contact than most teams we’ve played this season.
Disappointed with the first 2 tries on the last tackle and if I’m right, did they score 2 tries in first half in the sets after Perry knocked on? And a try in the second half after a poor penalty?. We were leggy, but the errors gave us no chance.

Not disheartened in the slightest. We know this team on its day can beat anybody.

• Like 4

RESULTS 22.jpg

TABLE 22.jpg

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

10 hours ago, RogerT said:

Watching it on the telly to me it was 3 strikes and out.

Campbell seems to be getting a lot of stick but its inside defenders that left him exposed with bad reads or at least that was my take watching it live. When your winger is left facing a 2 on 1 in wide open space then something has gone badly wrong before that. As for his sending off I think Premier got a little confused, the first hand off is fine but once in the grapple that then becomes striking and in my opinion you don't normally have to come off the pitch bleeding for an HIA after a handoff. Probably just frustration boiling over.

As for the game I just thought we looked quicker and fresher which is no surprise with Batley playing the extra game. I thought our discipline was poor and I don't think the ref had the best of games but reserving judgement until I watch it again today. The good thing for the league is that it is going to make for an exciting close to the season and we now have at least 2 teams who are more than capable of spoiling the inevitable Leigh V Fev final that everyone expected.

• Like 1

The game went pretty much as I expected. Disappointing to be caught out wide so easily, but credit Fax much like the Bulldogs they have a balanced team playing for each other. Shame we didn't get to play them in the bash imo. Makes an interesting run into the play offs but I think the top six is now as it will finish, unless Barrow manage to pinch 4th so next week is the next BIG game 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Let's put this into perspective it was our 3rd game in 8 days tough ask for any team to play all 3 at 100% at any level,  we won 2 lost 1,would we have settled for that YES! Would we have preferred not play a tough midweek game  before this one  YES! Did it have an affect on the game YES! even the fax coach said he wasn't taking too much out of the game because he knew how difficult it was for batley to play 3 in 8, you could see quite a few batley players were off the pace tonight which lead to us letting in some very sloppy tries! So I thought linners comments were a bit harsh on our boys! Did halifax play well YES! They had a game plan to slowly grind us down giving us very little field position which they did, sometimes as said you just have to take things on the chin and move on! which is all we can do because barrow next week won't be easy! As for Campbell he's been excellent all season for us, tonight he had a nightmare and doesn't need constantly reminding of it, as for the sending off for me it was all open handed contact maybe one too many but not over the top! Although you would have thought the way jouffret went down he'd received a right hander from TYSON! 

I don't think the coaches comments were harsh as he was never going to use tiredness as an excuse, even though everyone knows that was the reason, so he basically assessed it as if we hadn't played midweek.  To me that's a winners mentality, taking it on the chin and not looking for excuses. 

10 hours ago, LuckyDog said:

Agree with most of the sentiments so far. Best team won, I can’t recall them making any real errors that we capitalized upon. 3 games in 9 days was always gonna be tough. They looked quicker up the middle, and made extra yards in contact than most teams we’ve played this season.
Disappointed with the first 2 tries on the last tackle and if I’m right, did they score 2 tries in first half in the sets after Perry knocked on? And a try in the second half after a poor penalty?. We were leggy, but the errors gave us no chance.

Not disheartened in the slightest. We know this team on its day can beat anybody.

Are you referring to the incorrect PTB when Whiteley got shoved to the ground when playing it?  They scored again straight off that. Fine margins and the ref had to make a quick judgement call and those 50/50 calls generally tend to have a major bearing on the game. 

Having said that, it works both ways,  as Walmsleys try was chalked off for a supposed forward pass.

3 hours ago, LINNERS said:

I don't think the coaches comments were harsh as he was never going to use tiredness as an excuse, even though everyone knows that was the reason, so he basically assessed it as if we hadn't played midweek.  To me that's a winners mentality, taking it on the chin and not looking for excuses. 

To me linners saying that the midweek game didn't have an effect on our boys was wrong! it's not an excuse when you can see that it did clearly effect some of the players, it's not just the midweek game that comes in to it our boys have full time jobs too! Work all week play sat, 1 day off work again 2 days, play weds back to work 2 days again train sat morn, play sunday, in todays game or any modern sport that's a tough ask of anyone, mentally and physically! If grix can realise it  in his interview what a tough ask it was, I'm sure linners should take it into account too! So I'm afraid I think linners although honest was harsh on our boys! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

To me linners saying that the midweek game didn't have an effect on our boys was wrong! it's not an excuse when you can see that it did clearly effect some of the players, it's not just the midweek game that comes in to it our boys have full time jobs too! Work all week play sat, 1 day off work again 2 days, play weds back to work 2 days again train sat morn, play sunday, in todays game or any modern sport that's a tough ask of anyone, mentally and physically! If grix can realise it  in his interview what a tough ask it was, I'm sure linners should take it into account too! So I'm afraid I think linners although honest was harsh on our boys! 

Disagree, what he says to media and what he says to the team behind closed doors will be completely different things.

• Like 5