YORK(H)

graham fisher

After that embarrassment last Saturday we move on to York and I can’t see anything other than another heavy defeat. Fortunately I’ll be away on my holidays,and you know what I’ll not miss being there. For me this season can’t end quickly enough. As Liam’s hands are tied as team selection goes unfortunately so I can’t see many changes to the line up. The attitude and commitment from a few players stinks,get them out and give some of the young players a go.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

After that embarrassment last Saturday we move on to York and I can’t see anything other than another heavy defeat. Fortunately I’ll be away on my holidays,and you know what I’ll not miss being there. For me this season can’t end quickly enough. As Liam’s hands are tied as team selection goes unfortunately so I can’t see many changes to the line up. The attitude and commitment from a few players stinks,get them out and give some of the young players a go.

At least when you expect nowt anything is a plus , enjoy your hols and good luck next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

It’s certainly been a long tough season with far too many players utilised throughout. I think someone put a post up stating 45 players used so far. I can’t recall at any stage during our season where we have looked anywhere near building any form of team cohesion. With that in mind I do not fully blame the players although I certainly agree that some attitudes and desire have been verging on being appalling. Players is a subjective matter though with supporters having differing views. Which one’s need moving on. We all have our thoughts but ultimately it is down to the coaching staff to decide. I am confident that LF is the right man for the now and taking us forward. As you say at the moment his hands are pretty much tied with what he has been handed to him. From speaking with various individuals I know LF and his staff are already working hard and planning for the future. This club has just recently got itself a very good coach who is no mug and before anyone say’s it no I am not LF and I am not connected to LF in anyway whatsoever. 

• Like 4

York have a full quota of half backs available once again and, seeing that this is the area where we get opened up by every club I can see no prospect other than a defeat. However, lets' hope to see some commitment and determination to prove that last Saturday was an aberration.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

So Blackmore either, plays or he's in the squad.Some of these players are taking the very few loyal supporters left, for mugs.If he wasn't fit ,as i've said no way should he have played.After that performence at Headingley and others it's a disgrace. I think Mark should have put a public apology in the reporter for that mess or in the programme, o no we don't have do we or will ever again.Or even a team sheet unless you get there about breakfast time.Which i paid for by the way. Not a bad chunter that.HA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

A much better display than last week I hope but still falling short.

Rams 16 - 28 Knights

Att: 725

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

Can you buy tickets on the day? 

As many as you want, yes. Cash definitely accepted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mick the Miller said:

Can you buy tickets on the day? 

Reception has card or cash facilities, turnstiles 1&2 (North stand) are cash, 3&4 (North stand) are tickets

Southstand 5&6 turnstiles are cash, 7&8 are tickets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spanishknight said:

It all depends which Knights team turns up, we've been hit and miss all season but we have four halfbacks fit and Mattys back at fullback, Knights by 8 to 12 points.

Four fit halfbacks eh? I don’t think our club has two halfbacks at all, fit or otherwise!

There’s no reason for spanishknight to worry about which York team turns up as any will be too strong for the only one we have..

Dewsbury 8-40 York

Tryscorer: Ryder

MoM: if we have one, it will not be Blackmore!

Att: 633

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Great effort from the team today esp with all the tackling they had to do. One score in it with 2 mins to go. Thought Speakman did well at scrum half. And Carr had his best game yet. Just need a bit more steadiness in opposition 20 esp on 6th tackle. Not sure why we are trying grubber kicks near the line when we've had some success with high kicks. 

• Like 2

Breath of fresh air listening to LF in the Royal Suite and on Radio Leeds after the game..... Some great philosophies and it was a pleasure, despite the result, to see today's performance.... A world away from the Headingley debacle. Well done all ..... Pride in the shirt 🇩🇪🇩🇪

• Like 5

Such an improvement on last week's performance, possibly due to those who had been left out. I reckon that we must have been playing our only fit men from those who LF chose for his 17. It was noticeable that Sykes played most of the first half on the wing or in the centre with Graham drifting into the stand off role a few times.

A big effort on everyone's part and I was particularly taken with Butterworth and Beckett who are both clearly thriving under Liam's coaching. It is all too late for survival this season but if we can take some positive spirit and momentum into the C1 challenge, who knows how well we will do?

• Like 4

I kept my counsel after last week’s débâcle (couldn’t bring myself to comment), but today we changed our desire and commitment. The effort was there and the team spirit was on show for the full game.

Disappointment came with the defeat, but I was pleased with our performance today and hope this can be built upon for the remaining matches. 

I think Carr has improved each game and Beckett has since Finny took on the coaching rôle, but Butterworth seems to be enjoying his game under the new coaching team.

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Can’t fault the teams effort or attitude today. I lost count of how many times we made last ditch tackles to keep them out. 
I don’t think we did too bad either with limited ball in the opposition 20. 

carr’s try was has good a executed try we’ve scored all year. 

• Like 2