Auckland League Final.

On 04/08/2022 at 13:34, Damien said:

Half the country. Thought that was obvious. The population is also 1.2 million with the 3rd biggest city. I wouldn't just play games on the South Island either, as I've said previously I'd be comfortable with a 2nd team playing games in Christchurch and Wellington and then the Warriors being the greater Auckland team. You obviously disagree and that's fine.

Stop digging he's caught you out and he's correct. It's the expansionist biggest failure, they never check things out, its all about pipe dreams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/08/2022 at 11:22, Damien said:

What a defeatist attitude. The game can either try and change that or accept it. I know what I'd prefer. Its really weird how some people seem to want the game to stay within the same demographics and narrow confines and to just accept its lot.

Christchurch also has a decent RL scene and has produced top flight players, such as Jamayne Isaako and Matt Duffie. Canterbury even beat GB in 1990. I don't think its fair to make out the game has no pedigree or base to build on there especially when stalwarts of the NZ scene such as David Kidwell and Quentin Pongia also came from there. I also think its fair to say that the game would only grow if there was a NRL team to be the focal point.

What is wrong with you people, it's not defeatist its reality. You may as well try and sell Bibles to the Taliban if thats your definition of defeatism. This forum is full of day dreamers and dangerous fantasists.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Stop digging he's caught you out and he's correct. It's the expansionist biggest failure, they never check things out, its all about pipe dreams. 

What a load of nonsense. Christchurch expansion, I've heard it all now.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

What a load of nonsense. Christchurch expansion, I've heard it all now.

No you've heard nothing because you're not listening. There is no RL in Christchurch and further more nobody is asking for it. So a team there would be the vey definition of expansion, just one that nobody actually wants. Give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No you've heard nothing because you're not listening. There is no RL in Christchurch and further more nobody is asking for it. So a team there would be the vey definition of expansion, just one that nobody actually wants. Give it a rest.

Well Kiwis on this thread who have posted knowledgably on NZ RL over the years say differently. I'd believe them over you.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well Kiwis on this thread who have posted knowledgably on NZ RL over the years say differently. I'd believe them over you.

You mean those whose opinions you agree with and thus they are knowledgeable, is that how it works.

If there was any reasonable chance of a second NZ team they would have done it by now. You do realise what a small place NZ is, its population is about 1.5 million more than Greater Manchester and RL is very much the lesser code in that small country. Open your eyes, NZ Warriors are hardly a success so why imagine a second team in a far less welcoming environment would do anywhere near as well let alone better, you're delusional.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Programme Guy said:

This. 

There's a guy on another thread suggesting that with a bit of pushing from the IRL, Dutch rugby union could switch en masse to League in order to have a better chance of making a World Cup.

Deluded doesn't even start to cover it. 

Nothing better than someone bringing their drama into another thread. Cowardly act.

Please don’t respond to the troll‘s posts, he’s been booted. 

I’ll get round to removing them at some point. 

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I looked up demographics of New Zealand.

Auckland has over 70% of the country's Pacific Island Population. The Maori population was 11% of Auckland and 9% of Christchurch. 

I watched and read about the NZ team v Tonga. A lot of the players did have Maori heritage. But some had mixed European ancestry also.

A lot of the best players seem to play for Australian teams.

It's a very interesting country.

10 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You mean those whose opinions you agree with and thus they are knowledgeable, is that how it works.

If there was any reasonable chance of a second NZ team they would have done it by now. You do realise what a small place NZ is, its population is about 1.5 million more than Greater Manchester and RL is very much the lesser code in that small country. Open your eyes, NZ Warriors are hardly a success so why imagine a second team in a far less welcoming environment would do anywhere near as well let alone better, you're delusional.

Lots of Polynesians are  very successful in the NRL and many of those would return to play in  a team situated in  Christchurch. The reason they go to Aussie is because there isn't the opportunity to play in NZ with just  Warriors.

Despite what you say a team in CH-CH would be well supported.

• Like 3