Tom Gilmore

Malcolm B

Common knowledge on the terraces, don't know why it doesn't just go public. According to LeedsLive, Rhinos are preparing a deal for Luke Hooley. Both players, who we have spent time on imoroing; will bring us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except a thank you from Wudbes and Leeds. Current financing system from the RFL in basically binding clubs to 1 year contracts is a free hit to SL and it stinks. I hope our club is advanced this time in good recruitment to bring in players ready to hit the ground running, let's nick some good young uns from somebody else for a change.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phildog said:

Common knowledge on the terraces, don't know why it doesn't just go public. According to LeedsLive, Rhinos are preparing a deal for Luke Hooley. Both players, who we have spent time on imoroing; will bring us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except a thank you from Wudbes and Leeds. Current financing system from the RFL in basically binding clubs to 1 year contracts is a free hit to SL and it stinks. I hope our club is advanced this time in good recruitment to bring in players ready to hit the ground running, let's nick some good young uns from somebody else for a change.

You can't really blame players for moving for a bigger contract or a shot at SL.These two have put in some tremendous performances for the club,so I don't think we have been short changed in that respect.

However,I do appreciate where you are coming from.

13 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

You can't really blame players for moving for a bigger contract or a shot at SL.These two have put in some tremendous performances for the club,so I don't think we have been short changed in that respect.

However,I do appreciate where you are coming from.

I agree. Those two have been central to the success and great rugby we have seen over the past two seasons. With TG, l think the pull of his home town team is enough. As for Hooley, if he can get a shot at one of the biggest clubs in the game, good for him. The shame is that we won't be getting too much in the form of recompense l reckon, which is a shame. 

• Like 5

When Hooley came to Batley I believe his intentions was to try and get back into Super League as he was at Wakefield Trinity.

It's been a pleasure watching him, and good luck in the future. 

Gilmore as grown on me and his wife as an establishment just outside of the ground.

• Like 3

I've heard 2 figures mentioned regarding gilmore 40k and 60k at widnes which unfortunately for us is around half a dozen players! Plus he doesn't have to travel far for training! As mentioned before I don't blame anyone for leaving for more money in this game! although I did here gilmore had turned down higher offers to stay with batley this year! Both Hooley and gilmore have been great servants for our club and I wish them all the luck in the world where ever they go! 

• Like 6

Good luck to the guy… family comes first, Fuel rises haven’t help too and Widnes throwing silly money about isn’t the best thing

I’m sure a certain eagle former Batley loanee will do a job in the 7 shirt next year 

Edited by Keep The Faith
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Good luck to the guy… family comes first, Fuel rises haven’t help too and Widnes throwing silly money about isn’t the best thing

I’m sure a certain eagle former Batley loanee will do a job in the 7 shirt next year 

Been available a lot since we had him yet never managed to secure him. Sherlock was a fans favourite and his parents had a reyt afternoon at Odsal with us all, when he played for us. Good signing.

18 hours ago, phildog said:

If true...Have you considered the documents may not have been completed and approved by the RFL?. and Batley do not announce anything until it is complete, other Clubs do of course. Just wait and see. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

56 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Well Gilmore might not be off then as that’s hearsay… 

Correct, that's why I don't knock or add people to my list until the club say so.

yes I can join in any gossip and speculate as well as any one, but as I say until the club say so then it's status quo.

Edited by RogerT
  • Like 1

Colin, that's true but as it does APPEAR to be true, not declaring still gives some a false hope! Yes; I know we're the eternal gentlemen of the game!!

16 minutes ago, phildog said:

Colin, that's true but as it does APPEAR to be true, not declaring still gives some a false hope! Yes; I know we're the eternal gentlemen of the game!!

Yep I know that Phil, but until the documents are signed " the house isn't yours and you can't move in". We're all in line for Gilmore to stay. 

26 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

So now the scrum half is sorted,what are the rumours about the new full back?

Stan Gittins for me ........

• Like 2

On 04/08/2022 at 15:22, Malcolm B said:

Mark Aston says Gilmore is leaving at the end of the season.

Anybody know any details

All I would say is that it is not Aston's place or business to comment on Batley's arrivals or departures for next season ! It is up to Batley and Tom Gilmore himself to announce what he is doing next season at the appropriate time !

If he does go I wish him well as he has certainly earned his corn with us many times over . However , I am sure Tom will understand when I say that I hope  he has two lousy games against us next season !!!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

You might be the only person who has not heard Rog. It has been doing the rounds for several weeks.

In the Championship you can't sign players until the end of their contract. This doesn't stop them being approached, of course.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.