Tom Gilmore

Malcolm B

In my opinion, having supported Batley for over 60 years, Elliott Hall was one of.the best players I have seen at the Mount. He just needs some self confidence catching the high ball...But surely a good coach could sort that out? The lad was class and how many games last season did he win for us? Bring back Elliott - If he will come?

Edited by BirstallDog
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BirstallDog said:

In my opinion, having supported Batley for over 60 years, Elliott Hall was one of.the best players I have seen at the Mount. He just needs some self confidence catching the high ball...But surely a good coach could sort that out? The lad was class and how many games last season did he win for us? Bring back Elliott - If he will come?

I think he signed a 2 year contract at the Bulls.

Length of contract matters not if you don't feature in a coach's plans and the fact that they brought back the lad's predecessor, kicked him off to Dewsbury then down a division suggests he's not in any plans....approach!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Length of contract matters not if you don't feature in a coach's plans and the fact that they brought back the lad's predecessor, kicked him off to Dewsbury then down a division suggests he's not in any plans....approach!!

Club can't approach a player who has a contract for next season , you could Phil,  but club can't,  unless he gets released from his contract

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG_0583.JPG

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Would they release a contracted player that is wanted by another club, without a transfer fee? Especially a rival club? Not likely I reckon.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

He won’t leave Bradford unless there’s a fee which knowing the bulls will be 4 figures 

Doubt it  K according to dunning The squad is facing major surgery over the winter after their failure to reach the play-offs.There are some people coming to the end of their contracts, others who have chosen to leave and some who might want to stay but will end up leaving.

Would like to see EH back at the mount, but in Linguard we trust!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

28 minutes ago, POR said:

Doubt it  K according to dunning The squad is facing major surgery over the winter after their failure to reach the play-offs.There are some people coming to the end of their contracts, others who have chosen to leave and some who might want to stay but will end up leaving.

They’ll want his contract paying up if he’s allowed to leave… which will be a 4 figure sum over the year 

19 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

They’ll want his contract paying up if he’s allowed to leave… which will be a 4 figure sum over the year 

No they won't  K  allowing him to leave is pure BS if they want him play next year he will stay if they don't or he want's to go they will just get rid  to free up some money for a new player it;s called mutual consent

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, POR said:

No they won't  K  allowing him to leave is pure BS if they want him play next year he will stay if they don't or he want's to go they will just get rid  to free up some money for a new player it;s called mutual consent

Knowing the players they’ll not leave without a fee been paid to them so the bulls might want a fee to pay hall off 

Whoever is correct I can't see Dewsbury paying any fee for any player given the drop in central distribution.

Next rumour please!

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/08/2022 at 22:54, phildog said:

Think there is some context here too, he actually asked to go on loans due to cultural clashes at the Bulls impacting him enjoying his rugby - perhaps a juxtaposition to that at Batley. Subsequently not staying next season off his on accord rather than not being seen in the coach’s plans 

Edited by Workie46

On 04/08/2022 at 18:12, Keep The Faith said:

Good luck to the guy… family comes first, Fuel rises haven’t help too and Widnes throwing silly money about isn’t the best thing

I’m sure a certain eagle former Batley loanee will do a job in the 7 shirt next year 

On another thread, Oxy seems to think he is going to Fax.

28 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

So where does Oxy think Joe Keyes is going then......Batley perhaps.....just saying. 🤫

• Haha 1

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

2 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Im confused about who we are talking about here although it doesn't take much to be fair. If we are talking Tom Holmes it was just posted as a rumor that I had heard and was only mentioned that we are interested rather than nailed on. It would make sense though as we need cover for our 3 half backs and he could be used as an interchange with Moore at hooker allowing Wood and Aston to move on. As for Keyes, himself, Jouffret and Woodburn Hall are all signed for next season. 😃

• Like 1