Tom Gilmore

Malcolm B

17 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I agree,it’s been a long season player’s pick up knock’s but credit the players for putting their hands up to play instead of bagging them. We got a couple of players that really shouldn’t have played again this year but credit to them.

I don’t think folk were bagging them I just think certain people were frustrated because it’s been a good year and atm we seem to be just happy that we’ve made the 6 and it’s gonna be let down the pan after a decent season 

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Agree there Roger. I did notice him glance up in their direction following the 1 kick he did miss. It was in very poor taste as was the 'Dewsbury's going down' etc chants(cleaned-up version to allow admin to pass it!). I didn't think we had supporters like that

Agreed, I didn't think we had fans that spend the entire match whining, moaning and complaining either, but one of our fans was doing nothing else, straight from the kickoff. It was absolutely incessant.

One of highlights of the night for me, was when a couple of our fans, in front of him finally lost patience and asked him to stand elsewhere, fortunately he duly obliged and the 2nd half was much a more enjoyable experience, regardless of the uplift in performance.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I don’t think folk were bagging them I just think certain people were frustrated because it’s been a good year and atm we seem to be just happy that we’ve made the 6 and it’s gonna be let down the pan after a decent season 

Folk definitely were!

What would represent the season being a let down from here?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Some were mate, heard it myself. Spoke to a more mature Batley fan and he said it's the same people. 

On 30/08/2022 at 21:52, phildog said:

Guilty as charged Dogfather....they've had a seasonful of praise and adulation, if they're bad then say so just as much. Yes men? Not me.

I had no idea it was you, but it was driving me crazy, and obviously by the reaction of the other fans, I was not alone. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but sharing it is an option, not an obligation.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I had no idea it was you, but it was driving me crazy, and obviously by the reaction of the other fans, I was not alone. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but sharing it is an option, not an obligation.

When you consider the sacrifices that these part time players have to make, it is very harsh to criticise them after a couple of poor performances, especially when they have overachieved all season. 

Losing all 3 starting hookers at the same time would also damage any team in this league, maybe barring Leigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINNERS said:

When you consider the sacrifices that these part time players have to make, it is very harsh to criticise them after a couple of poor performances, especially when they have overachieved all season. 

Losing all 3 starting hookers at the same time would also damage any team in this league, maybe barring Leigh.

I think we have to credit the opposition sometimes too! I watched the game back last night and the Giants fullback had a great first half then from a kick in the second half the ball bounced off his head and we scored on the next play, along the lines of Hooley's error that Sykes scored from etc. Without these human frailties the game would be duller!

Edited by Piggy's mate
  • Like 7

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 01/09/2022 at 08:11, LINNERS said:

Quite agree, and I'm not saying everyone isn't entitled to a moan.

What I find difficult with a club like Batley, is when some fans seem to think even though we have probably spent around 10% of what Leigh and Fev have, we should be on a par with them, and have cover in every position, and a squad of 40 first team regulars.

What the club has done this season is amazing, regardless of the final few results.

If someone had said at the start of the season we'd have taken 3 points from Fev, and finished in a playoff place, I'd have thought they had found Roger's secret stash of home-brewed happy sauce.

The club has produced another miracle season, yet some cannot see what an achievement that is!

Budget wise, we should have been in a relegation battle, and although extremely unlikely, we could find ourselves in SL next year! 

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Quite agree, and I'm not saying everyone isn't entitled to a moan.

What I find difficult with a club like Batley, is when some fans seem to think even though we have probably spent around 10% of Leigh and Fev, we should be on a par with them, and have cover in every position, and a squad of 40 first team regulars.

What the club has done this season is amazing, regardless of the final few results.

If someone had said at the start of the season we'd have taken 3 points from Fev, and finished in a playoff place, I'd have thought they found Roger's secret stash of home-brewed happy sauce.

The club has produced another miracle season, yet some cannot see what an achievement that is!

Budget wise, we should have been in a relegation battle, and although extremely unlikely, we could still be in SL next year! 

Why me again lol.

• Haha 1

I must try and find my home brewed happy sauce  I certainly couldn't find it in the first half, I was ready to leave, if I wasn't collecting the details for the player stats I would have.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Because we're likely to be shopping for a 7....and anybody we could, so far, have been thinking about seems to have been got at.

What if shoppings already been done? sammot and sherlock might a been a smoking gun. its not like we sing from the hilltops so we might all get a surprise, i did hope we had an headline of maybe keeping linners for another 3 years.:kolobok_read:

Josh Woods should be a free agent now that Thunder have gone PT.

Just a thought.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.