Tom Gilmore

Malcolm B

On 11/10/2022 at 13:41, distantdog said:

Haven't been overly impressed by SL when l have seen him this season, a view replicated by plenty of Fev supporters too. Who would he replace in our squad?

JSL was hampered by injury this season but probably had more moderate games than good ones, notably in the semi-final.

The Fev player who I thought might be a logical fit at Batley if we don't retain him is Brandon Pickersgill, he would face a tough time getting the starting full back jersey once Kheirallah is back so it wouldn't surprise me if he moved on, and he's one of the better full backs in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

JSL was hampered by injury this season but probably had more moderate games than good ones, notably in the semi-final.

The Fev player who I thought might be a logical fit at Batley if we don't retain him is Brandon Pickersgill, he would face a tough time getting the starting full back jersey once Kheirallah is back so it wouldn't surprise me if he moved on, and he's one of the better full backs in the Championship.

Is he a goalkicker? With Hooley and Tom G gone, that ,I think, leaves Dale Morton as our only goalkicker. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

31 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I did qualify my statement by saying when I had seen him. There were many doubts expressed on the Fev Facebook page too. I think you might be right about Pickersgill. (A good fit rather than having signed for Batley)

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

😉

42 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

😉

Give over Mr F. You'll be getting us all giddy this side of the valley 

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Good shout.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Almost two weeks since grand final one new but old news signing confirmed . One retention confirmed 2 major losses announced . Replacements no one really knows just rumours. Why must we conduct our recruitment in the dark   if the budget isn't increased after the season we have had then going to be along season next year . Keighley very strong and everyone doing there recruitment early. 

1 minute ago, toffeedog said:

Almost two weeks since grand final one new but old news signing confirmed . One retention confirmed 2 major losses announced . Replacements no one really knows just rumours. Why must we conduct our recruitment in the dark   if the budget isn't increased after the season we have had then going to be along season next year . Keighley very strong and everyone doing there recruitment early. 

We’ve only just finished our season… 

I’m sure kev and the staff are having a well deserved rest… but will announce it when it’s time why the rush? We didn’t announce Gilmore until November last time we signed same with Lunt 

it’s getting boring on here with folk bagging the current board every minute of the day… 

why do we have a long season ahead? 
Keighley have to jel in pre season with 8 new signings meanwhile if we sign 5 new players we won’t have to jel as much 

• Like 3

If we weren't ready to have signatures on contracts when top 6 was confirmed 2 months ago then as already said by otters we've missed a whole navy of boats already unless we're to be regaled with some out of this world stuff.... 

4 minutes ago, phildog said:

...others..!

Click the three dots at the top right-hand corner of the box in which your message appears. This shows a drop-down menu, one of which is "edit". Click on this and you can amend your original message, thus saving e-paper.

HTH

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Click the three dots at the top right-hand corner of the box in which your message appears. This shows a drop-down menu, one of which is "edit". Click on this and you can amend your original message, thus saving e-paper.

HTH

Nooo, those bloody otters spreading rumours!!! Mind you, you should hear what the stoats are saying!

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Funny funny!! Point stands though. Lots of useful players slipped by who could have kept us up there AND I KNOW I'm not the only one of that opinion. After such a superb season why as 'the gentlemen of the game' are we chickens scratching in the dirt for a couple of decent grains of corn? AND if  it's going to be a 'drip, slow, drip, drip, slow' we'll have got to Boxing Day barely knowing who'll be defending our honour.

37 minutes ago, phildog said:

Funny funny!! Point stands though. Lots of useful players slipped by who could have kept us up there AND I KNOW I'm not the only one of that opinion. After such a superb season why as 'the gentlemen of the game' are we chickens scratching in the dirt for a couple of decent grains of corn? AND if  it's going to be a 'drip, slow, drip, drip, slow' we'll have got to Boxing Day barely knowing who'll be defending our honour.

Phil, you simply do not know this. I know you find it frustrating that we haven't announced our squad yet, but just because you personally don't know who we have signed doesn't mean we haven't signed anyone. You seem to think that we will struggle next season without knowing anything.

I, like you would love to know who will be playing for us next season, but this annual criticism of our recruitment serves no purpose and proves pointless.

• Like 11