Jump to content

Tom Gilmore


Malcolm B
 Share

Recommended Posts


47 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Well said KTF. We have had some good memorable games out of Tom and some poor ones too. 

Not many poor ones and plenty of outstanding ones! For me he ranks very high up on the list of scrum halves we have had wearing the Batley shirt in my lifetime. Not irreplaceable, but the club will have to work hard to find someone who can do as good a job. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, distantdog said:

Not many poor ones and plenty of outstanding ones! For me he ranks very high up on the list of scrum halves we have had wearing the Batley shirt in my lifetime. Not irreplaceable, but the club will have to work hard to find someone who can do as good a job. 

he will take some replacing, he,s top notch for me very astute

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I see ex Ram Tom Garrett has been released by mutual consent from HKR today. I wonder what has gone off there? 

The former Dewsbury Rams prop has been struggling with concussion symptoms since suffering a head injury against Warrington Wolves on April 1.

He hasn't been able to train due to several concussion complications so until it gets sorted he won't be able to play

 
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I see ex Ram Tom Garrett has been released by mutual consent from HKR today. I wonder what has gone off there? 

Another Johnny Walker he won’t play again I bet if he can’t get over the concussion protocol… he seemed a decent prop for hull kr  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Another Johnny Walker he won’t play again I bet if he can’t get over the concussion protocol… he seemed a decent prop for hull kr  

He did pass the concussion protocol a few weeks ago but then suffered a jaw injury,gutted for the lad. Good player and good bloke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, phildog said:

We can now discount the Tom Holmes rumour, shame that, only for the money then. Thackeray it is then (as further rumour has it)!! 

Thackeray announced he was retiring at end of this season

  • Like 2

IMG_0583.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't like how some Batley species were slagging Gilmore off and rude comments about £60k, but in the end he silenced them.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

I didn't like how some Batley species were slagging Gilmore off and rude comments about £60k, but in the end he silenced them.

RL can be a short career and every player deserves to do the best for himself and his family. I can never understand fans who expect some sort of blind loyalty from any player.

  • Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree there Roger. I did notice him glance up in their direction following the 1 kick he did miss. It was in very poor taste as was the 'Dewsbury's going down' etc chants(cleaned-up version to allow admin to pass it!). I didn't think we had supporters like that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, phildog said:

Agree there Roger. I did notice him glance up in their direction following the 1 kick he did miss. It was in very poor taste as was the 'Dewsbury's going down' etc chants(cleaned-up version to allow admin to pass it!). I didn't think we had supporters like that

We all have them PD, sad to say.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

Agree there Roger. I did notice him glance up in their direction following the 1 kick he did miss. It was in very poor taste as was the 'Dewsbury's going down' etc chants(cleaned-up version to allow admin to pass it!). I didn't think we had supporters like that

I couldn’t believe some of the stuff that Batley fan’s were coming out with,slagging their own players off. As for Batley fan’s glorifying in our relegation,every club as them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I couldn’t believe some of the stuff that Batley fan’s were coming out with,slagging their own players off. As for Batley fan’s glorifying in our relegation,every club as them.

Yep. Was discussing this with fellow supporters while it was going on. Unbelievable on both counts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are poor recent form is down to some players not putting the same effort in as they did at start of the season. Hooley been woefull and wasteful as late not running ball back with any real effort and his position for the dewsbury bomb which they took om the full was terrible   Gilmore normally controls the game but since sheffield game not been his usual self . I get were without our recognised hookers but no one seemed to be talking after we concede just watching them . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, toffeedog said:

Are poor recent form is down to some players not putting the same effort in as they did at start of the season. Hooley been woefull and wasteful as late not running ball back with any real effort and his position for the dewsbury bomb which they took om the full was terrible   Gilmore normally controls the game but since sheffield game not been his usual self . I get were without our recognised hookers but no one seemed to be talking after we concede just watching them . 

it maybe that those players are carrying knocks but still putting their hand up to play could be reason why but who knows

  • Like 2

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redditchbulldog said:

it maybe that those players are carrying knocks but still putting their hand up to play could be reason why but who knows

I agree,it’s been a long season player’s pick up knock’s but credit the players for putting their hands up to play instead of bagging them. We got a couple of players that really shouldn’t have played again this year but credit to them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...