Leigh Away

pennington

Well this week brings up Leigh away. The hardest game of the year and they are in red hot form, so hard to see us getting anything to be honest.

I see James Duerden is in line the return for Barrow this weekend against Leigh and looks like we might rest one or two. Play like we did in the second half at home then you never know we might get a result. 

No doubt it will be a tough game but I’m sure the lads will give it their best shot.

Gutted that Forster has gone for the season but have to respect the decision the club have made.

Stack also playing in pain,both total warriors those two.

54 minutes ago, pennington said:

I think from Barrows point of view on Forster he needs surgery that will keep him out for 4 months. We have achieved our aim of staying up so this way we get him back for pre season next year 

The lad has been playing week in week out pushing through the pain barrier, he's a real warrior and we should thank him for his efforts.  Great decision by the management to get him fixed now we are in a safe position so he is hopefully fit and ready for the start of next season, he is an outstanding leader. 

• Like 2

The slightly worrying thing for me is we're down to only one recognised prop now for the rest of the season.

Sam Brooks and Ellis Gillam will do a sterling job for the team, but who are the best ones to rotate them with now?

Shouldn't we be thinking about recalling Connor Terrill? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave W said:

The slightly worrying thing for me is we're down to only one recognised prop now for the rest of the season.

Sam Brooks and Ellis Gillam will do a sterling job for the team, but who are the best ones to rotate them with now?

Shouldn't we be thinking about recalling Connor Terrill? 

James Duerdan will play as a middle. No idea how he will go having not played for years. Terrill in my opinion best staying at Workington and playing week in week out do him the world of good.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2022 at 18:22, HP Beans said:

Cresta said on interview both went well👍🏻

Watched the highlights Saunders brushed off for two tries (my worry from what I've seen defensively not up to the level) and Duerdan seems to miss one for another. Highlights;

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Blake Ferguson has done one???

Off back home on compassionate grounds seemingly. A big loss for them, he certainly knows where the white line is. 😐

Edited by Dave W