Is there a game this weekend?

jroyales

13 hours ago, jroyales said:

What's the point of finishing in 6th place. Whoever we play we will get slaughtered.

Let's just finish in 7th place then the torment will be over.

That’s what some said on the way to HKR a few years back

• Haha 2

We have four games left -- TWO at home -- and Roughyeds hope as many fans as possible turn up at the Vestacare Stadium this coming Sunday (3pm) for the visit of London Skolars and again on Sunday, September 4 when Hunslet are here in what might, or might not, have a lot riding on it in terms of play-off qualification. We all know it's been a disappointing season, but pre-season lots of fans were thinking we might not even have a team. We are still alive and kicking and its fair to say, I think, that off the field we are stronger than we have been for years. The club doesn't shut down at the end of the season. Preparations for 2023 are already under way and the more money we can generate for the club the better will be our chances for success next year. That's why it is important we have decent crowds this Sunday and again on Sep 4. It's all about YOU - the fans -- and whether you want to support the club through thick and thin (Roughyeds till I die and all that) or whether you only want to support the club when everything is going well. We are asked to survive on only TEN home games for the full year -- a year in which we have to travel to faraway places like Cornwall, London, Llanelli and the other side of Birmingham. Financially, it's tough for all clubs in League One but tougher for us than a lot of clubs because we don't have our own ground so we can't generate income from bars, food outlets etc. This year clubs like ours have also had to cope with a reduction in central funding of something like 80 per cent. It's not easy but when the going gets tough we like to think Roughyeds in 2022 are resilient enough to roll up their sleeves and get going. This is not a moan -- please don't take it as such -- rather a statement of fact. It was fabulous to see a lot of fans at Solihull last Sunday. I think there were more of us than them. Hope to see you all again, and more, at the Vestacare this Sunday. We owe Skolars one. Let's show our colours, be loud and proud -- and cheer on our boys as we did in Worcestershire last weekend when we went 29-0 up. See you Sunday !

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Roger and Out said:

We have four games left -- TWO at home -- and Roughyeds hope as many fans as possible turn up at the Vestacare Stadium this coming Sunday (3pm) for the visit of London Skolars and again on Sunday, September 4 when Hunslet are here in what might, or might not, have a lot riding on it in terms of play-off qualification. We all know it's been a disappointing season, but pre-season lots of fans were thinking we might not even have a team. We are still alive and kicking and its fair to say, I think, that off the field we are stronger than we have been for years. The club doesn't shut down at the end of the season. Preparations for 2023 are already under way and the more money we can generate for the club the better will be our chances for success next year. That's why it is important we have decent crowds this Sunday and again on Sep 4. It's all about YOU - the fans -- and whether you want to support the club through thick and thin (Roughyeds till I die and all that) or whether you only want to support the club when everything is going well. We are asked to survive on only TEN home games for the full year -- a year in which we have to travel to faraway places like Cornwall, London, Llanelli and the other side of Birmingham. Financially, it's tough for all clubs in League One but tougher for us than a lot of clubs because we don't have our own ground so we can't generate income from bars, food outlets etc. This year clubs like ours have also had to cope with a reduction in central funding of something like 80 per cent. It's not easy but when the going gets tough we like to think Roughyeds in 2022 are resilient enough to roll up their sleeves and get going. This is not a moan -- please don't take it as such -- rather a statement of fact. It was fabulous to see a lot of fans at Solihull last Sunday. I think there were more of us than them. Hope to see you all again, and more, at the Vestacare this Sunday. We owe Skolars one. Let's show our colours, be loud and proud -- and cheer on our boys as we did in Worcestershire last weekend when we went 29-0 up. See you Sunday !

Good work Roger . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger and Out said:

Excellent post. The performance on Sunday for 60 minutes was top-notch; the effort even beyond that was huge. I was proud of these lads, despite the last 18 minutes collapse. As said above and elsewhere, this season we might not even have had a team. We lost our best players. We recruited from scratch and locally. How was this season ever going to be beyond what we all hope will be the first stage in rebuilding?  The fact that people are frustrated, demoralised and pessimistic is a reflection of the love and hope and bond we all have with this club - but the only we through this is to be with it - in voice, in spirit, in body and in finance. Come on you 'Yeds. 

• Like 1

Looking at the on the pitch failures of last Sunday and many recent results, it seems that our on-line and outside defence are what is letting us down, especially in broken play or after repeat sets, penalties etc.  I'm certain that Stu Littler and Shez concentrate on this during training, but do we not have a specific defence coach? I'm thinking of the many Oldham born ex RL players who have been recruited as defence coaches in Union, for example: Phil Larder, Mike Ford, Kevin Sinfield, for example. Probably too late for this season but would it not help to iron out this weakness if we could afford such a role? Top League sides have specific coaches for specific areas: look at Lee briers who has made such a difference in transforming Wigan that he's been recruited by Brisbane Broncos. It might be pie in the sky, but there;s certainly an identifiable weakness that needs addressing.

• Like 3