Bradford

Been going since  92 , went home and away through the freefall from SL, watched many false dawn and subsequent crashes.

Quite honestly its been MUCH worse than this current  crisis. 

BUT Ive never been so disinterested as now. Missed the last couple of home  games , due to frankly having better things to do.

Will go to the last two home games, but only out of duty🥲

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Been going since  92 , went home and away through the freefall from SL, watched many false dawn and subsequent crashes.

Quite honestly its been MUCH worse than this current  crisis. 

BUT Ive never been so disinterested as now. Missed the last couple of home  games , due to frankly having better things to do.

Will go to the last two home games, but only out of duty🥲

Same here. I was going to away games but I stopped after Batley. I was desperate for us to go up and ecstatic when we did, I thought we were competing early on and with a couple of decent additions maybe we could stay up, but they didn't materialise (Davies brothers really?) then the truth started to show and be accepted that we're a league 1 team out of our depth and our supercoach can't even get us to score a try never mind enough to win a game! Boring to watch and every result is predictable.  For somebody who's been blue n white to my core I only have a passing interest and might even by my ticket and not go to the next home game...I never thought I'd ever say that 😣

• Like 2

Lads can only give 100% and good luck  to them. I predict loss by 30 to 40 points. If anything positive can come from this season its  that its a real eye opener  and clear proof that The whole concept of RL in workington needs rethought and a long term plan put in place.  I got jumped on for saying on here 18 months ago that I didn't thing cumbrian clubs can sustain championship rugby nowadays and was told you have to have ambition. Well yeah you do need ambition but you also need to be able to match that ambition

• Like 3

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Lads can only give 100% and good luck  to them. I predict loss by 30 to 40 points. If anything positive can come from this season its  that its a real eye opener  and clear proof that The whole concept of RL in workington needs rethought and a long term plan put in place.  I got jumped on for saying on here 18 months ago that I didn't thing cumbrian clubs can sustain championship rugby nowadays and was told you have to have ambition. Well yeah you do need ambition but you also need to be able to match that ambition

But it isn't just the Cumbria clubs is it? Swinton and Oldham went down last season and Whitehaven made 6th. This year Dewsbury is going down and again Whitehaven will stay up along with Barrow. It really isn't just a Cumbrian club problem. Take a look at Rochdale also. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

But it isn't just the Cumbria clubs is it? Swinton and Oldham went down last season and Whitehaven made 6th. This year Dewsbury is going down and again Whitehaven will stay up along with Barrow. It really isn't just a Cumbrian club problem. Take a look at Rochdale also. 

Haven will stay up as town and rams are well short for this league. Barrow are going well but no conveyer belt of championship standard local players and some getting on plus 2 or 3 on SL clubs radar will make it difficult for them. They can all do 2 or 3 years max but it then fizzles out. Always has always will. In your own words haven 6th last  season. 

7 minutes ago, town4me said:

Haven will stay up as town and rams are well short for this league. Barrow are going well but no conveyer belt of championship standard local players and some getting on plus 2 or 3 on SL clubs radar will make it difficult for them. They can all do 2 or 3 years max but it then fizzles out. Always has always will. In your own words haven 6th last  season. 

Haven have been crippled with injuries all year we have had a different side out every week make no mistake if we had a full squad we would be nowhere near the bottom of the league I’ve never seen a side so patched up on a weekly basis, on the other hand barrow have recruited well and have not had the injuries we have had or town so have been consistent all year. I said last season when u beat donny that the team wasn’t good enough and I got shot down I do believe if you had got 3 or 4 good names u would have been ok 

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Haven have been crippled with injuries all year we have had a different side out every week make no mistake if we had a full squad we would be nowhere near the bottom of the league I’ve never seen a side so patched up on a weekly basis, on the other hand barrow have recruited well and have not had the injuries we have had or town so have been consistent all year. I said last season when u beat donny that the team wasn’t good enough and I got shot down I do believe if you had got 3 or 4 good names u would have been ok 

Yeah you have definitely been unlucky with Injuries but any squad has to be able to deal with injuries. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, town4me said:

Like I said, look at the other Clubs, Oldham, Swinton, Dewsbury and Rochdale to name recent struggles, you could say the same thing about those clubs too. Actually Barrow have an academy team and a very strong amateur club catchment area conveyer belt where most of the young championship players derive from. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Like I said, look at the other Clubs, Oldham, Swinton, Dewsbury and Rochdale to name recent struggles, you could say the same thing about those clubs too. Actually Barrow have an academy team and a very strong amateur club catchment area conveyer belt where most of the young championship players derive from. 

Ok jhonny if you think you have a conveyer  belt of championship players in South Cumbria then thats good. I do think if you are  being a bit optimistic though

23 minutes ago, town4me said:

Ok jhonny if you think you have a conveyer  belt of championship players in South Cumbria then thats good. I do think if you are  being a bit optimistic though

I never said to pick an entire squad from, no team in any league has an entirely local squad. But they have enough to   build a decent team with a few overseas and Yorks/Lancs experienced players to bolster them with. 

37 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

I never said to pick an entire squad from, no team in any league has an entirely local squad. But they have enough to   build a decent team with a few overseas and Yorks/Lancs experienced players to bolster them with. 

Ok johnny. L1 within 3 years 

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, town4me said:

Ok johnny. L1 within 3 years 

You really are a sad and bitter person, oh and its far more likely that there won't be a L1 in 3 yrs. Concentrate on your club and stop wishing others failure. Barrow are looking in safe hands and on the up for a while yet I'd say and God luck to them. 

• Like 1

Barrow will be ok for the next few years if they keep progressing as they have over the last 2-3 seasons.

they are building foundations and are being rewarded with results on and off the field.

they will peak, as there’s only so much you can do with Craven Park without major major investment, but it’s enough to be an established championship side.

for us at this end of the county, I only see hardship unless Haven and Town get their collective heads together.

we have to start on the bottom rung of the ladder, help to build and improve the local amateur leagues and hopefully reap the rewards in a few years time.

there’s no quick fix, whatever route the club decides to take will take a few years to see any worthwhile results 

At craven park on a game day look on the field lots of local lads on the pitch. Also some younger ones eg Charlie. Cresta is very good at bringing them in steadily. Also we have Furness raiders getting them used to the raiders systems. Two ladies teams. And even better a crowd full of young kids the future players and fans. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Aside from injuries the main reason is our best 17 is no way near as strong as last seasons team of the new signings only bishop would have got a look in last season

I didn't see the haven game but I had no doubt the lads would pull on the shirt and give it a real go. Unfortunately we've done that in most games this season but giving it a go isn't enough in this league. The only prediction I can give for today is that we lose, by what amount depends on how much an average Bulls team smell blood. I will be at the remaining 2 games getting behind them like I have done for nearly 60 yrs, but I can't wait for this season to end.  Good luck lads UTT.