Bradford

33 minutes ago, Town utd said:

If I was town I would build the squad now,get the lads signed up who want to stay and get signing the best local talent up,then have a good pre season, don't wait till near the start of season,and go again.

I love your optimism, what local talent would you sign up?

Iā€™ve seen very little in Allerdale who would improve us, a few in Copeland perhaps, but would you want to sign for Town in the current climate?

I reckon we will have a team full of travellers next season, I just hope we can keep hold of Doran, Fitzy etc.

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I love your optimism, what local talent would you sign up?

Iā€™ve seen very little in Allerdale who would improve us, a few in Copeland perhaps, but would you want to sign for Town in the current climate?

I reckon we will have a team full of travellers next season, I just hope we can keep hold of Doran, Fitzy etc.

Isnt It Jamieā€™s testimonial year? No way will Connor stay, had offers from nearly every championship clubĀ 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

39 minutes ago, Town utd said:

If I was town I would build the squad now,get the lads signed up who want to stay and get signing the best local talent up,then have a good pre season, don't wait till near the start of season,and go again.

Would it not be best to wait till the end of season and see what funding etc is available before offering out contracts given Town's situation?Ā 

• Like 1

The club must no how much they need to pay the players in league 1,and cut the cost from this season in the championship ,players will always play for town with the history the club has.also amateur players will strive to turn semi pro and get paid to play rugby league, it's up to the directors to drive the club and keep going,cumbrian rugby league always pulls together.Ā 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Town utd said:

The club must no how much they need to pay the players in league 1,and cut the cost from this season in the championship ,players will always play for town with the history the club has.also amateur players will strive to turn semi pro and get paid to play rugby league, it's up to the directors to drive the club and keep going,cumbrian rugby league always pulls together.Ā 

Just hope it's not another 5 year plan šŸ™ˆ just a bit of advice to whoever is signing players...small mobile packs don't work...

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Just hope it's not another 5 year plan šŸ™ˆ just a bit of advice to whoever is signing players...small mobile packs don't work...

I canā€™t remember the last time IĀ saw a big powerful forward in the local amateur game, especially one that could step up to the pro game.

they are like hens teeth, we just donā€™t seem to attract them to the sport.

I wonder if itā€™s the way the game has developed over the last 25 years as thereā€™s very little difference between the forwards and backs these days, itā€™s certainly changed game tactics as gone are the days that 2 heavy ball handling props and a wily hooker made up the front row!

Ā 

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I canā€™t remember the last time IĀ saw a big powerful forward in the local amateur game, especially one that could step up to the pro game.

they are like hens teeth, we just donā€™t seem to attract them to the sport.

I wonder if itā€™s the way the game has developed over the last 25 years as thereā€™s very little difference between the forwards and backs these days, itā€™s certainly changed game tactics as gone are the days that 2 heavy ball handling props and a wily hooker made up the front row!

Ā 

But then again just because a lad plays one position at amateur doesn't mean that's their best position if they turn pro. I mean look at Kyle Amor as an example, had a great SL career as a prop but played most of his amateur rugby at centre (even played centre for BARLA if I remember right). Look for potential first and foremost then mould them into a pro player, that's what good coaching does.

• Like 2

Iā€™m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

23 minutes ago, Derwent said:

But then again just because a lad plays one position at amateur doesn't mean that's their best position if they turn pro. I mean look at Kyle Amor as an example, had a great SL career as a prop but played most of his amateur rugby at centre (even played centre for BARLA if I remember right). Look for potential first and foremost then mould them into a pro player, that's what good coaching does.

There are exceptions, but the local amateur league badly needs help before it implodes.

I see Aspatria have dropped out for the remainder of this season - not good at all for this area, it badly needs some help

Cumbria shouldĀ  have a split league, North Cumbria and South Cumbria leagues,then have a top 4 play off and bottom league play offs at end of season between the two leagues, would work if all the amateur clubs joined from the North west county leagues in the south and ncl leagues, be a great Cumbria set up,with limited travel expense until the play offs.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Town utd said:

Cumbria shouldĀ  have a split league, North Cumbria and South Cumbria leagues,then have a top 4 play off and bottom league play offs at end of season between the two leagues, would work if all the amateur clubs joined from the North west county leagues in the south and ncl leagues, be a great Cumbria set up,with limited travel expense until the play offs.

Why would the NCL clubs want to leave the most competitive amateur leagues in the game Ā to rejoin a Ā local league,apart from saving on fuel they would have absolutely nothing to gain.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Maybe the cost of a bus Ā£600 every away trip,I don't no how the clubs raise the money, keep it local ,save and put the money back into the players and clubs.

The clubs left the Cumberland league for a reason,itā€™s on its ar#e & they are the ones who do develop players through their youth teams,it would be a massive backwards step for those clubs to leave the NCL.

8 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

There are exceptions, but the local amateur league badly needs help before it implodes.

I see Aspatria have dropped out for the remainder of this season - not good at all for this area, it badly needs some help

Amateur rugby league in West cumbria is played in the wrong month's it should have stayed as it was. It's dying due to holidays stag parties etc sooner they move back the Better.NCL have a very stringent criteria to get in if u haven't got a junior set up there's no chance. It would never work having a South and North league players just wouldn't travel.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Amateur rugby league in West cumbria is played in the wrong month's it should have stayed as it was. It's dying due to holidays stag parties etc sooner they move back the Better.NCL have a very stringent criteria to get in if u haven't got a junior set up there's no chance. It would never work having a South and North league players just wouldn't travel.Ā 

If it was that simple rugby Union wouldnā€™t be struggling in winter - they have the same problems as RL, they all struggling, especially at junior level.

cumberland league football also struggling with teams pulling out!

stag parties, weekends away etc. thatā€™s a year round problem now, not just weekends.

anyway CARL clubs could move back to winter anytime they like as itā€™s the clubs that run the league, it isnā€™t an RFL competitionĀ 

3 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Sooner they move games back to Saturday instead of games Fridays night would be a start.Ā 

11 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Sooner they move games back to Saturday instead of games Fridays night would be a start.Ā 

Why ? The vast majority of CARLA games are still on a Saturday,but itā€™s governed by the limited availability of referees.

49 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

No good for lads who work shifts

So half a dozen lads who might be on back shift,some of those small number of Friday night games are at the clubs request,the others are to allow the fixtures to actually take place because we donā€™t have enough referees.

26 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So half a dozen lads who might be on back shift,some of those small number of Friday night games are at the clubs request,the others are to allow the fixtures to actually take place because we donā€™t have enough referees.

I agree about not having enough refs and it's something that needs looked at but sadly I can't see getting better

1 hour ago, REX said:

Is there somebody who went to game that can give us theirĀ  views on it? I'm sure other people would also like to know what went right or wrong....

First half we were fantastic and could not fault the lads at all. First 20 mins of the second half I felt the ref give Bradford everything and kept piggybacking them up the field, eventually with all the defending town tired and Bradford ran away with it from there.Ā 

Edited by Derwent Park SC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derwent Park SC said:

First half we were fantastic and could not fault the lads at all. First 20 mins of the second half I felt the ref give Bradford everything and kept piggybacking them up the field, eventually with all the defending town tired and Bradford ran away with it from there.Ā 

Thanks. Seems to have been more positive than I had assumed from scoreĀ 

• Like 1