Weak gutted dog!

Ricky Stuart not holding back calling Jaeman Salmon a weak gutted dog.

You don't hear that kind of language often from a coach.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-ricky-stuart-calls-jaeman-salmon-a-weak-gutted-dog-tom-starling-raiders-vs-panthers-round-21/news-story/cd50bbaa94be2551afc4067c04751b94

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Ricky Stuart not holding back calling Jaeman Salmon a weak gutted dog.

You don't hear that kind of language often from a coach.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-ricky-stuart-calls-jaeman-salmon-a-weak-gutted-dog-tom-starling-raiders-vs-panthers-round-21/news-story/cd50bbaa94be2551afc4067c04751b94

Not ever do I remember hearing a coach publicly and personally slate a player like that.

it’s very personal for Ricky, as it usually is.

He is very much in the wrong for this public execution. I don’t like it

I have heard coaches criticise players actions plenty of times but to have a go at his character like that is remarkable. 

He implies he has been associated with him before and drew this opinion.  No idea what this is but as a senior figure in the game Stuart should either be crystal clear in what he is saying or shut up.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Sticky's fines for losing his rag and speaking thoughtlessly over the years have probably kept the game afloat.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 08/08/2022 at 13:02, Graham said:

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart will reportedly be suspended for one game and slapped with a $20,000 fine

That's a decent chunk of money.  Do we know in these circumstances that the payment is strictly policed... i.e. it definitely comes out of Stuart's pocket and not funded by the Raiders. 

That's not a dig at Stuart, just wondering what the protocol is.

37 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

That's a decent chunk of money.  Do we know in these circumstances that the payment is strictly policed... i.e. it definitely comes out of Stuart's pocket and not funded by the Raiders. 

That's not a dig at Stuart, just wondering what the protocol is.

Good question. You’d think fines would come out of the players’ or in this case manager’s own pocket thereby being a deterrent, otherwise what’s the point. Anyone know for a fact?

The other question that then occurred to me was where does the money go. I looked around for an answer and found this:

“NRL fines traditionally go towards player wellbeing and education-related initiatives, as part of an agreement with the Rugby League Players Association when the monetary sanctions were introduced to the judiciary system.”

• Thanks 1