Featherstone (A)

Wakefield Ram

How many did Blackmore let in this week? He didn't play last week,was that because of the stick he got.Poor things that effort last week must have done them all in.This squad of players must be the worst in at least 50 years. As good old Terry Thomas would say"What a shower"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

How many did Blackmore let in this week? He didn't play last week,was that because of the stick he got.Poor things that effort last week must have done them all in.This squad of players must be the worst in at least 50 years. As good old Terry Thomas would say"What a shower"

50 years ago we were one of the best teams in the league. Winning the championship, running Australia close. All with international and county players, not to mention some very handy team players as well. 

I've seen seasons when we've struggled, but can't remember a season when we've been literally 'pumped' so many times in one season alone. 

• Like 1

To be fair it's being coming for a few seasons tbh, and the good spirited sole that I am I've being trying to tell you every season! 😘

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

46 minutes ago, Lupset Ram said:

50 years ago we were one of the best teams in the league. Winning the championship, running Australia close. All with international and county players, not to mention some very handy team players as well. 

I've seen seasons when we've struggled, but can't remember a season when we've been literally 'pumped' so many times in one season alone. 

To be fair, Featherstone have spent a lot again and won't get promoted again. Rugby League is pretty much a game of budgets, the teams that spend the most win the most. There's the odd exception but generally that's it. Throw in a coach who it wasn't working for and a number of long term injuries - Annakin, Magrin and Ferguson - pretty much missed the whole season and going into a season without a Championship standard scrum half and we are where we are. Plenty of teams have been hammered at Fev, it was a baking hot day and in reality the team have nothing to play for. 

Next season we will have a chance of silverware and we've now got someone I believe will be a very good coach. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, STEVE P said:

If there is a plan behind this weekly capitulation I hope somebody tells us what it is soon.

Ok held back from doing this for weeks. However enough is enough. My son is a 20 yr old player tackling his ball sack off every week. For what???????? He is currently on his bed at my house totally peeeeeeeeeeed off. Does he care??????? You bet he does. Investment is needed end of.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

You my friend are in the 17 next week. Can’t wait to see how you perform!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

To be fair, Featherstone have spent a lot again and won't get promoted again. Rugby League is pretty much a game of budgets, the teams that spend the most win the most. There's the odd exception but generally that's it. Throw in a coach who it wasn't working for and a number of long term injuries - Annakin, Magrin and Ferguson - pretty much missed the whole season and going into a season without a Championship standard scrum half and we are where we are. Plenty of teams have been hammered at Fev, it was a baking hot day and in reality the team have nothing to play for. 

Next season we will have a chance of silverware and we've now got someone I believe will be a very good coach. 

THANK THE LORD for a SENSIBLE post.

• Like 3

What do people expect ? you have one team spending well in excess of 1 million pounds probably closer to 2 million littered with overseas players with vast amounts of experience in both the NRL and super league against a team littered with lads in there early 20s earning £100/200 a week with little or no experience beyond league 1 or the championship.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Outside view said:

What do people expect ? you have one team spending well in excess of 1 million pounds probably closer to 2 million littered with overseas players with vast amounts of experience in both the NRL and super league against a team littered with lads in there early 20s earning £100/200 a week with little or no experience beyond league 1 or the championship.

Yeah we both know the truth. I know what is going to come in relation to my posts. “ Oh mate don’t get involved etc”. Yeah right. Well do you know what enough is enough. Young lads getting ripped by their so called own supporters. For gods sake Fev and Leigh are pathetic. Like let’s see some of their players make a guest appearance in a so under equipped team. Fuming at so called supporters having a go. Say it again fuming.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

. For gods sake Fev  are pathetic. Like let’s see some of their players make a guest appearance in a so under equipped team. 

What a silly statement S over the season FEv have loaned 7 players  to allegedly under equiped teams including the rams and dont forget 2 are still st the rams and one played sunday

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Yeah we both know the truth. I know what is going to come in relation to my posts. “ Oh mate don’t get involved etc”. Yeah right. Well do you know what enough is enough. Young lads getting ripped by their so called own supporters. For gods sake Fev and Leigh are pathetic. Like let’s see some of their players make a guest appearance in a so under equipped team. Fuming at so called supporters having a go. Say it again fuming.

Why are Fev and Leigh pathetic?. Or do you mean any team that shows ambition ? Both those teams have a decent fan base to enable them to go forward. One of them has a very rich backer which shows in the league table right now. I didn't think Dewsbury were pathetic when they humbled Fev in a championship game in the seventies and nor did I think it when they were successful earlier this century. It's swings and roundabouts.You are going through a rough time and your fans are feeling it. Fev have been there quite as recently as 2006 we were in the bottom division. As one of your fans pointed out come and read the Fev forum. Some of our fans are like you. It's terrible that we are only in second place and in with a slight chance of promotion. People get upset but swiping out at clubs that have no bearing on Dewsbury s situation isn't the way forward. Look at Batley for example very similar club to yourselves and like Fev have an outside chance of the big time. I've watched Fev for sixty years next season and believe me I've seen some rough times inter mingled with glory. It's sport and Dewsbury will come through the other side.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, POR said:

What a silly statement S over the season FEv have loaned 7 players  to allegedly under equiped teams including the rams and dont forget 2 are still st the rams and one played sunday

At a very expensive cost to those clubs🤔

Maybe if featherstone hadn't signed a 100 players at the start of the season🤔

There maybe would be enough to go around 🤔

It's not a did, its an observation 🤔

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Why are Fev and Leigh pathetic?. Or do you mean any team that shows ambition ? Both those teams have a decent fan base to enable them to go forward. One of them has a very rich backer which shows in the league table right now. I didn't think Dewsbury were pathetic when they humbled Fev in a championship game in the seventies and nor did I think it when they were successful earlier this century. It's swings and roundabouts.You are going through a rough time and your fans are feeling it. Fev have been there quite as recently as 2006 we were in the bottom division. As one of your fans pointed out come and read the Fev forum. Some of our fans are like you. It's terrible that we are only in second place and in with a slight chance of promotion. People get upset but swiping out at clubs that have no bearing on Dewsbury s situation isn't the way forward. Look at Batley for example very similar club to yourselves and like Fev have an outside chance of the big time. I've watched Fev for sixty years next season and believe me I've seen some rough times inter mingled with glory. It's sport and Dewsbury will come through the other side.

Well said. Expect we will be one of the top sides in League One next year with a coach and ground the rest of the division would be happy to have. It's frustrating that we play well and almost draw with York last week and get hammered this week. 

But a season of relative success after the last 3-4 seasons of than scraping to avoid relegation will be a  good change. 

Don't forget our Invincibles unbeaten season was in the bottom division.

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Ok held back from doing this for weeks. However enough is enough. My son is a 20 yr old player tackling his ball sack off every week. For what???????? He is currently on his bed at my house totally peeeeeeeeeeed off. Does he care??????? You bet he does. Investment is needed end of.

Passion love it

Your lad did great yesterday along with the rest of the team👏👏👏

If any Rams fan's went to the game yesterday thinking we was going to win they need to contact the nearest psychiatric ward and get themselves checked in, those lads are doing it tough every week (except against Batley at the Bash) 

They gave their all yesterday in blistering heat and fans are rubbishing them who didn't even attend to see their efforts 

I wasn't happy with the score, but happy with the effort shown

It's about time fans who put nothing in financial to the club, live off borrowing season tickets to get in, go to the Bash on free tickets, then launch criticism at a bloke who has put money for many years, it's time to shut up or step up, buy a season ticket, buy a shirt, support events, give your time and help out, and support the team rather than be the first to lob your ill informed criticism.

Just saying 🤔

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coolie said:

At a very expensive cost to those clubs🤔

Maybe if featherstone hadn't signed a 100 players at the start of the season🤔

There maybe would be enough to go around 🤔

It's not a did, its an observation 🤔

Sorry C WE only signed 99

4 minutes ago, coolie said:

They gave their all yesterday in blistering heat and fans are rubbishing them who didn't even attend to see their efforts 

Well said C yesterday FEV were always on top but the rams never gave up and played the full 80 your attack constantly made the FEV defence  stand up to be counted and made us work hard to keep you out 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, coolie said:

Passion love it

Your lad did great yesterday along with the rest of the team👏👏👏

If any Rams fan's went to the game yesterday thinking we was going to win they need to contact the nearest psychiatric ward and get themselves checked in, those lads are doing it tough every week (except against Batley at the Bash) 

I wasn't happy with the score, but happy with the effort shown

It's about time fans who put nothing in financial to the club, live off borrowing season tickets to get in, go to the Bash on free tickets, then launch criticism at a bloke who has put money for many years, it's time to shut up or step up, buy a season ticket, buy a shirt, support events, give your time and help out, and support the team rather than be the first to lob your ill informed criticism.

Just saying 🤔

Do you know what Coolie. Dewsbury play a lovely expansive game. All that is required is a couple of blokes who can break the line when you have got the opposition at sixes and sevens. You had a team ravished with injuries going to a place where most teams struggle (Batley excepted 😮)There was no lack of effort but once a team gets a roll on in the modern game it's hard to claw back. Finny needs time and some players of his own choice. There were a handful of Rams fans who stayed and applauded to the end and well done to them. If Fev lose a couple of players to injury it's easier to cope against most sides but a team on a much lower budget it is very very difficult and if Dewsbury do go down which seems more than likely they will come back stronger. Look at Keighley attendances in league one now that they are doing well and that can be Dewsbury next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Do you know what Coolie. Dewsbury play a lovely expansive game. All that is required is a couple of blokes who can break the line when you have got the opposition at sixes and sevens. You had a team ravished with injuries going to a place where most teams struggle (Batley excepted 😮)There was no lack of effort but once a team gets a roll on in the modern game it's hard to claw back. Finny needs time and some players of his own choice. There were a handful of Rams fans who stayed and applauded to the end and well done to them. If Fev lose a couple of players to injury it's easier to cope against most sides but a team on a much lower budget it is very very difficult and if Dewsbury do go down which seems more than likely they will come back stronger. Look at Keighley attendances in league one now that they are doing well and that can be Dewsbury next season.

Well said mate 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Totally agree❤️

1 hour ago, POR said:

Sorry C WE only signed 99

Well said C yesterday FEV were always on top but the rams never gave up and played the full 80 your attack constantly made the FEV defence  stand up to be counted and made us work hard to keep you out 

Thanks mate and well said

It was hard in the heat for all players yesterday and they put on a show

Featherstone were faultless and had their backs up from the game at our ground... Simply putting the facts right they were🤔

14 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I don't doubt the effort of almost every player that pulls the shirt on and anyone rubbishing the players probably hasn't been anywhere near the playing standard in the Championship.... I'd say "It's tough out there" but I actually wouldn't have a clue how tough as I never got near that standard as a player .......... However, to say that there hasn't been investment is unfair - IMO........... You can't blame Greenwood or Mark Sawyer for putting their faith and hopes in good, strong players like Annakin, Ferguson, Magrin & Walton but only getting a handful of appearances between them..... IF we have to honour these players' contracts then where do we find the extra money for further 'investment' ?? 

Aidan McGowan looked a cracking player but we only got 3 games before he got injured ..... The lad from Hull KR decided to retire on the eve of the season, Gabriel and Ryder have both suffered long-term injuries and missed crucial games.....It's been a disastrous season but a hell of a lot of things have gone against us.  We now have a Coach (and Assistant Coaches) who, for my money, has some sound philosophies and will develop young talent to a standard required ..... Perhaps a season in League 1 will give him some breathing space to develop these lads without the week-in week-out (physical) batterings they're currently taking..... It just needs everyone with a semblance of interest in Dewsbury RLFC to pull together, do whatever they can to help this great club and let's come back bigger and stronger...... With players who have a commitment to developing themselves AND as a Team -- not just someone looking for a pay packet !!!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

To be fair, Featherstone have spent a lot again and won't get promoted again. Rugby League is pretty much a game of budgets, the teams that spend the most win the most. There's the odd exception but generally that's it…

Fev have spent lots of money - again, to set themselves up for promotion they just cannot seem to achieve, so watch out for repercussions - again. Do they sack the coach - again? Can the club afford not to get promotion?

There’s no certainty that Dewsbury in the bottom league next year, will win any silverware just because we have dropped down a division. Will players of Championship standard want to play for a team in the basement league?will we be able to afford such “quality”?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Fev have spent lots of money - again, to set themselves up for promotion they just cannot seem to achieve, so watch out for repercussions - again. Do they sack the coach - again? Can the club afford not to get promotion?

There’s no certainty that Dewsbury in the bottom league next year, will win any silverware just because we have dropped down a division. Will players of Championship standard want to play for a team in the basement league?will we be able to afford such “quality”?

There is nothing wrong with Fev or any other club keep trying to get promotion. Otherwise what's the point? The result would be stagnation. Fev are lucky to have a good backer. A sound fan base. And a ground with all the takings belonging to the club. Yet we are still a way behind Leigh. The championship is not a level playing field and we all know that and I don't know the answer that would please everyone. Your point of championship type players not wanting to play for Dewsbury in division one I don't think will be totally true. Put a winning run together and fans should increase. Remember players like Chissy are plying their trade with Keighley and I wish Dewsbury all the luck in the world.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

If our lot have been ravished with injuries then there is no hope!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.