Anthony murray North wales..... GONNEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anthony Murray and his coaching team are leaving North Wales Crusaders

They have done an amazing job, so we can only assume they have been recruited elsewhere

Rochdale is my guess

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

A shame but they deserve to get paid. 

They DO get paid....

....and they're not leaving until the end of the year - which includes the playoffs....

And yes it is a shame. We are in a great position thanks to Muzza and his team. We're having our best season since 2013 and will be in the fight for the playoffs. I'm sure all the North Wales Crusaders fans wish Muzza an his team all the very best for whatever the future holds.

All other posts about Rochdale and payment are just speculation.

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Should have said get paid more.  Like when I said reegan grace should go and get paid. 

So they are being paid. 

Cheers, thanks for clarifying that important point 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I have no idea.  It was an expression 'go and get paid'. 

You said they "deserve to get paid", therefore strongly suggesting that they were not being paid, 

We have no evidence of that 

• Like 3

There is a commonly-used phrase in our house for such bloody awful situations, but it is not repeatable on here.... 

Muzza and his team have done a fantastic job for us, wish them all the best (as long as its not to a division rival, obviously 😉

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

16 hours ago, The storm said:

Anthony Murray and his coaching team are leaving North Wales Crusaders

They have done an amazing job, so we can only assume they have been recruited elsewhere

Rochdale is my guess

Anthony Murray and Rochdale Chairman Andy Mazey both Leigh lads and go back a long way, I don't know but wouldn't be surprised to see them team up.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Anthony Murray and Rochdale Chairman Andy Mazey both Leigh lads and go back a long way, I don't know but wouldn't be surprised to see them team up.

Did they go train spotting together as kids? 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Rochdale have zero security in their stadium and seem buggered long term unless Rochdale AFC get relegated so I don´t get the move being suggested here either. . 

York maybe, when James Ford moves to Wire. 

• Confused 1

I don’t see a lot of difference between the infrastructures at the two clubs, Crusaders have had difficulty in the past with home venues and Rochdale are currently experiencing the same. Both have foundations and community works going on, Rochdale have the added experience of Chase and a 57 year-old FuiFui Moi Moi. 

I think both have similar ceilings as clubs, maybe travelling comes into it. 

Lots of speculation on this thread.

One think is for definite - Anthony Murray and his coaching team are being paid, maybe not enough but thats mainly down to the ridiculous constraint that a 65% cut in central funding has put on all League 1 clubs.

Any suggestion that the team are going to Rochdale is total speculation; I can see why people are saying it and it may come to pass but Anthony and his team haven't announced IF they have been offered a contract elsewhere next season.

I am confident that Muzza and his team will continue to give their all for the run in to the playoffs. We have Rochdale (H), Keighley (A) and Swinton (H, venue to be confirmed!) to play. Mathematically we COULD finish first but that is very unlikely but coming second is very doable. I'm sure thats what our coaches and players will be concentrating on and then getting through the playoffs with a chance of promotion to the Championship. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, gogledd said:

You seem to have quite a bit of inside knowledge goggled.

What's your take on why they have decided to leave when it seems like the club are very much on the up?

1 hour ago, gogledd said:

One think is for definite - Anthony Murray and his coaching team are being paid, maybe not enough but thats mainly down to the ridiculous constraint that a 65% cut in central funding has put on all League 1 clubs.

Any suggestion that the team are going to Rochdale is total speculation; I can see why people are saying it and it may come to pass but Anthony and his team haven't announced IF they have been offered a contract elsewhere next season.

I am confident that Muzza and his team will continue to give their all for the run in to the playoffs. We have Rochdale (H), Keighley (A) and Swinton (H, venue to be confirmed!) to play. Mathematically we COULD finish first but that is very unlikely but coming second is very doable. I'm sure thats what our coaches and players will be concentrating on and then getting through the playoffs with a chance of promotion to the Championship. 

I've no worries about the team's performances in the play offs - both the coaching staff and any players wanting a close season transfer will be doing their damnedest to show any potential new employer just how good they are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I've no worries about the team's performances in the play offs - both the coaching staff and any players wanting a close season transfer will be doing their damnedest to show any potential new employer just how good they are.

But what if the transfers have already been completed;just not announced?

The game v Rochdale should be interesting.

You also lose something of a home advantage.Will the play off games be played ' on the road ?' 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

This premise that Murray and/or the players presently at Crusaders would suddenly care less about winning promotion, having something on their playing/coaching CV and having something tangible when they retire like a medal is a strange one. 

• Like 3