Anthony murray North wales..... GONNEEEEEEEEEEEE

11 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

A pure stab in the dark but I am going to say London bound. I have absolutely nothing to substantiate this apart from a gut feeling.

That's an interesting thought - Muzza and his crew could well turn London round given a free hand which would probably run straight into a brick wall called David Hughes' ego. The other problem is that they'd have to go full time and whether they'd be prepared to give up the day jobs in these uncertain times has to be doubtful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

That's an interesting thought - Muzza and his crew could well turn London round given a free hand which would probably run straight into a brick wall called David Hughes' ego. The other problem is that they'd have to go full time and whether they'd be prepared to give up the day jobs in these uncertain times has to be doubtful.

Yeah like I said it’s just purely my own thoughts. I don’t know Muzza or any of his staff so I am not aware of their day jobs etc. I just feel that some people still see London as a challenge. For all I know the current incumbents at London may get the job. 

23 hours ago, Dovster said:

If this is true and the coaching staff are moving to Rochdale, there must be a question regarding where they loyalties lie during the play-offs.

I don't think so. Any half decent coach or human being will want to do the best they can at their current club until the clock runs out. How your next employer goes is a concern after your current contract is done.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2022 at 16:45, paulwalker71 said:

You seem to have quite a bit of inside knowledge goggled.

What's your take on why they have decided to leave when it seems like the club are very much on the up?

The only inside knowledge I have is that Anthony and the coaching team are being paid. I was on the Board of Directors until quite recently so I know this to be a fact.

As I've now stood down to concentrate on the Rugby League World Cup (I'm Team Manager for Wales Wheelchair RL) I have no more idea of why the announcement was made. In fact it was a huge shock as we'd been down to Cornwall and met Muzza and his team the day before the announcement. They were all in good spirits, had been for  a swim before the game ad all seemed business as usual. Its taken us all by surprise.

I'd prefer to let the guys tell everyone what their thoughts and prospects are. There may have been offers made but in all honesty, I really have no idea.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, gogledd said:

The only inside knowledge I have is that Anthony and the coaching team are being paid. I was on the Board of Directors until quite recently so I know this to be a fact.

As I've now stood down to concentrate on the Rugby League World Cup (I'm Team Manager for Wales Wheelchair RL) I have no more idea of why the announcement was made. In fact it was a huge shock as we'd been down to Cornwall and met Muzza and his team the day before the announcement. They were all in good spirits, had been for  a swim before the game ad all seemed business as usual. Its taken us all by surprise.

I'd prefer to let the guys tell everyone what their thoughts and prospects are. There may have been offers made but in all honesty, I really have no idea.

Despite me being an individual who thinks rugby league clubs should disclose far more information to supporters,I cannot understand the timing of this announcement, or the necessity for the announcement. 

If the head coach,and coaching team,are leaving the sport,then the announcement could be made at the end of this campaign.

If the head coach,and coaching team,are leaving for another club for next year,then impart that information to the players,if it is felt it would inspire them,and inform the rest of the population  at the end of the campaign. 

It doesn't seem feasible that another club would make a premature announcement of a head coach and coaching team ,for next year.

I do wish NWC good luck for the immediate,and long term future - in particular their supporters. 

• Like 3

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

If he does come to London, lets hope he is allow to recruit championship level playoff players, and not be expected to fill the london squad with ex crusaders players like Hughes tried to do with Mustard and the Skolars at the beginning of this season, as we all saw how that worked this year🙄

I do realise that Crus are a better team than Skolars, but they are not a top 6 champ team, which is what London need to be recruiting for next year

On 10/08/2022 at 09:32, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Muzza and his crew could well turn London round given a free hand which would probably run straight into a brick wall called David Hughes' ego. 

The club might go better with a new owner instead of a new coach.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Anthony Murray has just been announced as Chris Thorman’s replacement as head coach at Workington on a 2 year deal.

Where did you see this please?

On 08/08/2022 at 23:15, FearNothing said:

There is a commonly-used phrase in our house for such bloody awful situations, but it is not repeatable on here.... 

Muzza and his team have done a fantastic job for us, wish them all the best (as long as its not to a division rival, obviously 😉

Well.... didn't see Worky coming, and ###### me if we'll be in the same division next year.... that'll make at least 2 games next year....interesting..

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Well.... didn't see Worky coming, and ###### me if we'll be in the same division next year.... that'll make at least 2 games next year....interesting..

Murray announced he was going long before Thorman was reported to have left.

Workington have sorted the coaching and are sorting the playing squad.

Crusaders better hurry up and start getting  things together.I don't want more,good supporters,lost to the game.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I don't see the logic in the move for Anthony. Town are in some financial troubles and struggled to have 17 players the last few games of season.

Unless it's a financial move (which I'm doubting with town's troubles mid season) I would've thought Crusaders were on the incline while Town on the decline .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dkw said:

As a fair minded guy I welcome any refugees from lesser areas to our wonderful part of the world.

A sanctuary city?