Sun 14 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/22 at 14:30

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Just trying to remember which of the sky 'experts' said on Thursday Wakey would not win another game this season

Don’t remember what was said on Thursday but our good friend Wilkin said before the magic game that if we lost against Toulouse we were definitely down, definitely!

Still work to do but I feel a lot better than I did this time last Sunday. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JohnM said:

They did though. They couldn't see the score board, the only crowd noise was from a loudmouth home fan prefacing his occasional shouts  with the F word. Oh, and the commentators didn't know the rules. Apart from that though.... 😀

You'd think they'd keep the score themselves.

2 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Don’t remember what was said on Thursday but our good friend Wilkin said before the magic game that if we lost against Toulouse we were definitely down, definitely!

Still work to do but I feel a lot better than I did this time last Sunday. 

Wilkin is a charity shop Garry Schofield, but without the Hall of Fame career.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wins against Wigan, Cas, Warrington x3, Hull and Salford and running Saints and Catalans close. Some wins and performances there that very few would have suspected this year by Wakefield. Fair play to them. Bit of breathing space now. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Just trying to remember which of the sky 'experts' said on Thursday Wakey would not win another game this season

Definitely deserve to stay in SL beat us 3 times. But I do feel sad for Tolouse they like all promoted clubs are behind the 8 ball before they start. But that's not wakeys problem. So well done. 

• Like 2

Wakefield have done really well in the last few weeks.  If they secure their Super League status, which seems nailed on now, they have deserved it.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

20 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Brilliant performance. I think the key was at 18-6 in the second half, defending for 25-30 tackles in a row before going down the other end and scoring with Tanginoa. Showed amazing grit against a strong Wigan side. 

Yeah this.

With about 20 minutes to go we just couldn't get the ball from Wigan who were camped on our 10 metre line for an eternity. I thought at least three offsides and two knock downs so not far off with 30 tackles.  Thought we were lucky not to cop a sin binning with the off sides.

Unbelievable performance in the heat.  The Wigan guys never wilted either but were just out enthused.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

They did though. They couldn't see the score board, the only crowd noise was from a loudmouth home fan prefacing his occasional shouts  with the F word. Oh, and the commentators didn't know the rules. Apart from that though.... 😀

I think you'll find any fan noises were from the away fans in front of the commentators. 

Commentators should know the score and the rules 

They'll have a nice new home in 12 months.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I think you'll find any fan noises were from the away fans in front of the commentators. 

Commentators should know the score and the rules 

They'll have a nice new home in 12 months.

Looking forward to that, seriously.👍 

Of course, whether the Radio Leeds commentators will know the rules by then, is far from certain. Twas a Trinity fan making with the expletives by the way, as he was shouting "f@#?£$ing offside" when Wigan were defending, which they did a lot of.  Anyway, back to the actual game. We (Wigan) were well and truly put to the sword by Wakefield, which makes it all the more disappointing for you fans to find yourselves where you are in the league table.

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Great win and one that likely sees us safe again, which will really annoy certain dead heads on here and on sky. Reckon we can bag the heady heights if 3rd bottom now as well! 

It won't anoy Dallas Mead ,it will p---  him we'll off lol.

Well played Wakey, great result and sounds fully deserved.👏 

Now I'm sure I'm going to upset a few Wiganers here but is it just me that thinks they're overrated? Peet seems to have done a great job there but if you take French & Field out are they really that good? 

I genuinely look at the squad and don't automatically think that I'd love to see half of them in a Salford shirt. In years gone by I'd probably take their full 1st choice 13 but now I'm a bit "meh" about them.

• Like 2

First Castleford now Wigan throwing their games against Wakefield just so it means Toulouse definatley get relegated, what is this game coming to!

Seriously well done Wakefield, when they have their backs in the corner they always seem to be able to find that extra and come out punching.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2