Sun 14 Aug: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/22 at 14:30

The one bright thought in my mind is that at least it won't be as f***ing cold as when we met earlier this year.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 10/08/2022 at 07:19, Harry Stottle said:

Hull do pull one or two out of the hat each season, I think this will be one of those, Hull to win by 8.

I agree, Saints are well out of sorts at the moment and with nothing much to play for until the play offs. Their line speed is nothing like what it was earlier in the season and this is a good opportunity for the monochromes.

For once Saints have actually got more players back than they've lost. Sironen & Hill drop out but they get Hopoate, Paasi, Mata'utia & Simm back., though not sure if Hopoate is fully fit to play.

If he is it will be a much more balanced backline than in recent weeks. Probably looking at a team of;

Hopoate

Makinson,

Hurrell

Mata'utia

Bennison

Welsby

Lomax

Walmsley

Roby

Lees

Bell

Batchelor

Knowles

LMS

Lussick

Paasi

Wingfield

Strongest team they've been able to put out for a while. I just hope they don't persist with Davies at centre, he's really struggled.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Like most games of RL it will come down to attitude.  Hull might be more desperate given Saints nailed on for top2, but Saints won’t want to give up a buffer at the top before the Wigan game given how out of form we are.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a Hull win and tbh I don’t really care as long as we don’t pick up more injuries/bans as that’s what it’s all about until play-off time.

Edited by FearTheVee

Going to be around 30°C at kick off. Been to plenty of Hull home games where it's been around 30°F at kick off but I think this will be a first.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Going to be around 30°C at kick off. Been to plenty of Hull home games where it's been around 30°F at kick off but I think this will be a first.

Horrible conditions for RL - you have to feel for the players.  Not too much raw pace in the Saints team which isn’t great in these conditions . . . . 

Quite the contrast from sleet in February, today. 

Just get through it without any injuries or suspensions and I’m happy. We’re in the top two, the hubcap would be nice but we’ve pretty much got the home advantage for the play-offs already. 

1 minute ago, FearTheVee said:

Horrible conditions for RL - you have to feel for the players.  Not too much raw pace in the Saints team which isn’t great in these conditions . . . . 

Agreed. Going to be pretty tough for the big lads.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Can’t help but wonder when I read comments from Hull and Hull KR fans about needing to win X amount of games to make the top 6.

Its laughable, they’d just manage to qualify for the end of season comp that they’d both get stuffed in.

As for today, if we stay within 20 points and don’t collapse to another embarrassing score line then that’ll do me.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Like most games of RL it will come down to attitude.  Hull might be more desperate given Saints nailed on for top2, but Saints won’t want to give up a buffer at the top before the Wigan game given how out of form we are.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a Hull win and tbh I don’t really care as long as we don’t pick up more injuries/bans as that’s what it’s all about until play-off time.

Would be even less surprised by a loss now Welsby hasn’t been named in the XVII.

I say it every week, but worth repeating. Saints very rarely 'batter' any team. We have only scored 30+ points around 3 times in Super League this year.

Hopoate and Mata'utai back is a big boost, but Welsby out is a blow. Always unknown how the heat will impact both teams.

I'll go Saints by 10.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Can’t help but wonder when I read comments from Hull and Hull KR fans about needing to win X amount of games to make the top 6.

Its laughable, they’d just manage to qualify for the end of season comp that they’d both get stuffed in.

As for today, if we stay within 20 points and don’t collapse to another embarrassing score line then that’ll do me.

But the big question is what do you put in the hipflask on a day like today?

40 minutes ago, Ullman said:

But the big question is what do you put in the hipflask on a day like today?

Oh, it has to be iced water, Ullman, in the interests of your well-being, of course.

In the other hip flask...

• Haha 1