Sun 14 Aug: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/22 at 14:30

I know they are still comfortably ahead of my lot but Hull must have had the most 60-point whackings of any club over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

No time for laughing, WTF is going on at Hull the Fan's deserve better than what they keep being delivered season after season, have they improved since Radford was shown the door and then Last was considered not good enough I would say that Hodson has probably fared worst of the three.

I wonder just how much the city rivalry keeps the fans coming back, if they were stand alone clubs in other towns would they still have the same respect from the locals?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

They've had 3 in little more than a month! They must be glad that Cas stopped at 46.

In 2018 when Leigh brought in 19 new player's at very nearly SL cap level to play in the Championship I was totally disgusted at how the players performed and reacted, it seemed they where happy enough to just put on the kit then hold out their hands to be payed their performance was a secondary factor, I should imagine that the very same is going on at Hull FC, unless the Fan's can tell me different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

They've had 3 in little more than a month! They must be glad that Cas stopped at 46.

That’s your second post on a Hull FC thread that only has two pages but you’ve failed to post once in your team’s thread v Leeds in five pages.

Who’s your fave team, Hull KR or whoever’s playing Hull FC?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Can’t help but wonder when I read comments from Hull and Hull KR fans about needing to win X amount of games to make the top 6.

Its laughable, they’d just manage to qualify for the end of season comp that they’d both get stuffed in.

As for today, if we stay within 20 points and don’t collapse to another embarrassing score line then that’ll do me.

I suspect I'm not alone among Hull fans in this but I knew our season was over two months ago when Jacob Miller landed that golden point winner at Belle Vue.

The ensuing collapse was so predictable. We were never going to win enough games to make the top 6. If it weren't for the fact we had Hull KR and Toulouse still to play we wouldn't have won another game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Brett Hodgson’s results are morphing into a Lee Radfordesque  type list and I doubt Pearson will be as generous with his patience as he was with Radford.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

4 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Oh, it has to be iced water, Ullman, in the interests of your well-being, of course.

In the other hip flask...

Strictly water during the game my friend.

But stopping off for a couple of pints of Ayinger on the way home rescued my day.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 hours ago, DavidM said:

If its always the same maybe its more than the coach?

There was a piece on the Hull Daily Mail website recently where the author said Ivan Cleary could come over as coach and bring Nathan and a load of his mates from the Panthers over to play for us but we'd still be getting hammered within a matter of weeks.

Just about sums up how it feels.

Hull FC end of season run in shirt...

May be an image of text that says "5S Testing SSTesting hummel C.R.K ENGINEERING PAXO REA BANTER PAGE"

I was saying at the game, you going put that entire Saints team in the Hull kit and they'd end up losing. Something seriously wrong at the club for this to be happening on such a regular basis across different coaching set-ups. Thought we'd seen the last of this when we had our good run in 2016-17.

I've just watched the highlights back again. I know Saints are good, but that defence was absolutely woeful. Not numbering up in the middle is less than amateur. Have they not trained together before? There's dropping off tackles and there's completely missing them. I couldn't tell if they were lacking in fitness, technique, courage or desire.

I've tried to give Hodgson benefit of the doubt because of the injury list and suspensions, but there was enough talent out there today to at least make it within a few scores. 

I've seen us get battered plenty of times in the last 25 years, by bigger scores too, but I can't recall a run of so many in such a short spell from a side that was challenging for the playoffs before this spell. We are currently the worst form team in the league over the last 10 games.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 14/08/2022 at 18:56, sentoffagain2 said:

Hull F.C. supporters deserve better the same frailty happens season after season.

Its not fraillty its a bunch of people (I won't call them players) who really couldn't give a s**t about the club or the people who pay their wages every week. I've supported this club since the 1940's and I don't think I've ever been so disappointed even during our darkest days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I was saying at the game, you going put that entire Saints team in the Hull kit and they'd end up losing. Something seriously wrong at the club for this to be happening on such a regular basis across different coaching set-ups. Thought we'd seen the last of this when we had our good run in 2016-17.

I've just watched the highlights back again. I know Saints are good, but that defence was absolutely woeful. Not numbering up in the middle is less than amateur. Have they not trained together before? There's dropping off tackles and there's completely missing them. I couldn't tell if they were lacking in fitness, technique, courage or desire.

I've tried to give Hodgson benefit of the doubt because of the injury list and suspensions, but there was enough talent out there today to at least make it within a few scores. 

I've seen us get battered plenty of times in the last 25 years, by bigger scores too, but I can't recall a run of so many in such a short spell from a side that was challenging for the playoffs before this spell. We are currently the worst form team in the league over the last 10 games.

Unfortunately for Hull, Sunday was one of the strongest teams Saints have been able to field for a while (even without Welsby, Percival, Grace, Dodd & Sironen) and after a few poor performances themselves over the last month also coincided with this Saints team wanting to get back on track and start their build up to the play-off's. I'd say that result was as much about an improved Saints performance from recent weeks as it was a poor performance from Hull.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

48 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Unfortunately for Hull, Sunday was one of the strongest teams Saints have been able to field for a while (even without Welsby, Percival, Grace, Dodd & Sironen) and after a few poor performances themselves over the last month also coincided with this Saints team wanting to get back on track and start their build up to the play-off's. I'd say that result was as much about an improved Saints performance from recent weeks as it was a poor performance from Hull.

After the first half an hour, I was beginning to think it may be a close game, but we absolutely crumpled under the pressure and outright gave up. Saints were just too quick, ran too hard, had more desire to support each other.

Ours looked around to blame each other. There were no leaders at all. We really miss Gareth Ellis. The old guard are done: Taylor, Houghton, Shaul (now out on loan). We've brought in Gale as a replacement for Sneyd and he's been a disaster.

We've got some decent players, but no one is leading. It's depressing to watch the shell of a team we are. Again.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Totally at a loss as to what the actual answer is to the Hull FC annual car crash. Too many coaches have been the victim now over the last 10 years or so to put the blame squarely at their feet. Culture? How do you change that? Everybody out including players, coaches, conditioning staff, physio, even back office staff? Impractical to do...

Even when we were strong in 2016 we found it ok to admit that a few too many days in the pub after Wembley probably derailed our best chance to win the Grand Final! A bad attitude that is always lurking around the club, or so its seems from the outside looking in.