Sat 13 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 13:00 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/22 at 12:30

Should be a good game for the C4 viewers, a Saturday lunchtime treat seeing the claret and gold machine in action!

Too close a game to call for me and despite beating them twice already, I'm still never confident of beating Salford, especially at the AJ Bell.

Should be a good crowd and a great atmosphere, 11 coaches from Huddersfield's cowbell army will be making its way over the Pennines.

Hurrah for the claret and gold.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, meast said:

Should be a good game for the C4 viewers, a Saturday lunchtime treat seeing the claret and gold machine in action!

Too close a game to call for me and despite beating them twice already, I'm still never confident of beating Salford, especially at the AJ Bell.

Should be a good crowd and a great atmosphere, 11 coaches from Huddersfield's cowbell army will be making its way over the Pennines.

Hurrah for the claret and gold.

11 coaches?!😲

I never knew RL did rent-a-fan schemes.😉

Joking aside.... should be a close game. In all honesty I can't see a number crowd with the kick-off time and it being on terrestrial TV (although I hope I'm wrong).

I'd like to think that 2 defeats to Hudds this season and the opportunity to get back into the top 6 is enough motivation for our lads to put in a big performance.

Home win (well I'm not gonna go against my team am I?😁) but no more than 6-10 points between the teams at the final whistle.

28-20 to Salford.🤞

• Like 1

Same here Oxford. 

It is predicted to be very dry, very hot. Huds play the usual attrition style game first half, so it will be curious to see if they can repeat this is in the burgeoning swell of the day. As the Catalan match showed, it should not matter for Rowleyball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

11 coaches?!😲

I never knew RL did rent-a-fan schemes.😉

Joking aside.... should be a close game. In all honesty I can't see a number crowd with the kick-off time and it being on terrestrial TV (although I hope I'm wrong).

I'd like to think that 2 defeats to Hudds this season and the opportunity to get back into the top 6 is enough motivation for our lads to put in a big performance.

Home win (well I'm not gonna go against my team am I?😁) but no more than 6-10 points between the teams at the final whistle.

28-20 to Salford.🤞

You should do, Salford used it a few times in the past 😛 

I'm sure we will bring around 1,000 fans, Salford were hoping that they could hit 5,000 for the 2nd home game running, I do agree though, Saturday lunchtime on TV could put a lot off, and Huddersfield Town are also at home which could impact our numbers slightly too?

31 minutes ago, meast said:

You should do, Salford used it a few times in the past 😛 

I'm sure we will bring around 1,000 fans, Salford were hoping that they could hit 5,000 for the 2nd home game running, I do agree though, Saturday lunchtime on TV could put a lot off, and Huddersfield Town are also at home which could impact our numbers slightly too?

In a positive way, with the way they are going at moment!!

• Like 1

we've sold over 1,000 tickets so maybe the lapsed fans are finally realising something big is happening. 

As Meast said we're never confident of getting 2 points off Salford as they've been a bogey team for some time now, but the tide does seem to be turning, maybe it's our coach that's helping it turn 😊

Looking forward to it either way, The Cowbell army will be noisy and colourful as always. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, daz39 said:

we've sold over 1,000 tickets so maybe the lapsed fans are finally realising something big is happening. 

As Meast said we're never confident of getting 2 points off Salford as they've been a bogey team for some time now, but the tide does seem to be turning, maybe it's our coach that's helping it turn 😊

Looking forward to it either way, The Cowbell army will be noisy and colourful as always. 

You're taking 1000 fans are you the new Tommy  Cooper, I'll have a couple of pints of what your on 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You're taking 1000 fans are you the new Tommy  Cooper, I'll have a couple of pints of what your on 🤣🤣🤣

we'll we've sold over 1,000, whether most of them change their minds on the day who knows? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

If you've sold over 1000 tickets then there'll be more away than home fans.😉

I'm shooting off on the final whistle to get across town for Salford City v Crewe and with City at home it might affect numbers slightly as well. 

Hopefully we'll have another decent turn-out of youngsters as well as the club's engagement with schools & local community clubs has been great recently.

8 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm shooting off on the final whistle to get across town for Salford City v Crewe and with City at home it might affect numbers slightly as well. 

Hopefully we'll have another decent turn-out of youngsters as well as the club's engagement with schools & local community clubs has been great recently.

like us, you deserve more locals watching you

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sounds like it is going to be a 'nervy' game for you Oxy!

All SRD games are nervy for me 'arry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

19 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Doubt you'd have less than 1,000 home fans there, maybe we can now do what 1,000 away fans at our ground do when they claim they outnumbered us 2-1 in a 6,000 crowd 🙂

Edited by daz39
  • Like 2

Giants squad is down to its 3rd and 4th choice wingers but our best spine, and Hill is named for the first time since the cup final.

I've no doubt they'll cope with the heat, but patience will be the key 

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

Giants squad is down to its 3rd and 4th choice wingers but our best spine, and Hill is named for the first time since the cup final.

I've no doubt they'll cope with the heat, but patience will be the key 

Just seen our squad, we look very, very weak in the backs dont we? 

My guess is we will go:

Lolohea

Senior

Cudjoe

King

Senior

Russell 

Fages

Hill if fit or Trout

O'Brien

Trout or English

Mcqueen 

Jones

Yates

Bench:

Levi

then any 3 from Hewitt, Ashworth, Greenwood, Trout, Wilson, English

Having only 4 outside backs to choose from, including 1 who hasn't played much at all this year is pretty worrying but hopefully the pack will and should have enough to see us through till Levi takes over!

• Like 1

Huddersfield really don't know what an injury crisis is. Having 4 outside backs to choose from for the 4 outside back positions would be a positive luxury for many teams.

Louis Senior would have played 3 or 4 Super League matches by now if Huddersfield hadn't recalled him just so he could kick his heels week after week. Glad to see he may finally be getting a game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Huddersfield really don't know what an injury crisis is. Having 4 outside backs to choose from for the 4 outside back positions would be a positive luxury for many teams.

Louis Senior would have played 3 or 4 Super League matches by now if Huddersfield hadn't recalled him just so he could kick his heels week after week. Glad to see he may finally be getting a game.

I would imagine most have more than 4 to choose from from their entire available squad, as i said previously he was recalled as our backup which he is now required to be following further injury and suspensions.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Just seen our squad, we look very, very weak in the backs dont we? 

My guess is we will go:

Lolohea

Senior

Cudjoe

King

Senior

Russell 

Fages

Hill if fit or Trout

O'Brien

Trout or English

Mcqueen 

Jones

Yates

Bench:

Levi

then any 3 from Hewitt, Ashworth, Greenwood, Trout, Wilson, English

Having only 4 outside backs to choose from, including 1 who hasn't played much at all this year is pretty worrying but hopefully the pack will and should have enough to see us through till Levi takes over!

If those are your two starting wingers then Salford only need to get good ball out often to Sio and Burgess, they could have a field day.