Sat 13 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 13:00 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/22 at 12:30

29 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If those are your two starting wingers then Salford only need to get good ball out often to Sio and Burgess, they could have a field day.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Josef K said:

Great to see Fartown selling so many tickets it should be a great game. 

Yup, there's a real buzz around our fans at the moment and especially for this game as it's become a bit of a rivalry over the last few years.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, daz39 said:

Yup, there's a real buzz around our fans at the moment and especially for this game as it's become a bit of a rivalry over the last few years.

If the Giants bring a 1000 plus fans that will be great, the atmosphere will be good let’s hope that the Giants do us a favour at let us sneak a win😀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WSRD said:

If the Giants bring a 1000 plus fans that will be great, the atmosphere will be good let’s hope that the Giants do us a favour at let us sneak a win😀

As if, we need a win ourselves to keep top 2 hopes alive, should be a cracking atmosphere - and colourful from our lot.

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2022 at 13:02, Oxford said:

All SRD games are nervy for me 'arry!

There was a time, early Marwan, when the games were a breeze. Simply as within 20 minutes the Reds would be 10,20,30 points behind and there was basically nothing left to worry about. 

Now they are abit more competitive, different matter.

Once ingrained into "same old same Salfordesy-ness", you develop this gut feeling that you will taste defeat even if you are 20 points ahead with ten minutes to go.

Every time. It makes the wins more enjoyable. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Once ingrained into "same old same Salfordesy-ness", you develop this gut feeling that you will taste defeat even if you are 20 points ahead with ten minutes to go.

Every time. It makes the wins more enjoyable. 

I do usually relax when 40 or more up with several seconds left on the clock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Adam Hills trailed the C4 broadcast of this match on tonight's The Last Leg. I know he's involved in the presenting team, but it's still one of those small incidental boosts that helps, and which RL hasn't really had before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Adam Hills trailed the C4 broadcast of this match on tonight's The Last Leg. I know he's involved in the presenting team, but it's still one of those small incidental boosts that helps, and which RL hasn't really had before.

That's exactly it Futty you can barely move or cough without other sports being mentioned all over the place in the media and tire yourself out stepping over the number of football bores and nerds like him on House of Games.

If your never out of the limelight .........

On 10/08/2022 at 11:29, Oxford said:

Any win would do for me.

Hull FC beating Saints tomorrow?

• Haha 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Once again, Channel 4's pre-match has been excellent.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Once again, Channel 4's pre-match has been excellent.

will agree- ian watson comes over well in it - like his enthusiasm and positivity is worth a marquee signing in itself 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 11/08/2022 at 13:12, daz39 said:

Doubt you'd have less than 1,000 home fans there, maybe we can now do what 1,000 away fans at our ground do when they claim they outnumbered us 2-1 in a 6,000 crowd 🙂

On 11/08/2022 at 17:53, meast said:

#HullCalculator 

Time for a return swipe...

With free travel for Huddersfield fans and tickets £10 for adults with under 17s free, I would say a travelling "army" of 1,000 is pretty poor for a game 30 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Impressive number of Huddersfield fans.

See above.

Great start and great try for Salford.

Salford at it again, great try,

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Another great try assist from Lolohea.