Sat 13 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 13:00 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/08/22 at 12:30

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Great try for Beaker but VR having a look.

Glad that was given in his comeback game. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great win for Salford, pleased for them and their fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Glad that was given in his comeback game. 

dont even know why that try was ever in doubt - good win for salford - cudjoe should be nowhere near the SL these days 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

dont even know why that try was ever in doubt - good win for salford - cudjoe should be nowhere near the SL these days 

The off-side call was close in live action, was still close in VR but did show he was onside

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Well i really enjoyed that game. Salford are a delight to watch at times. One thing i really cant understand is why Huddersfield persist with those Senior twins. They are a pair of useless stiffs and surely Huddersfield should ditch them ,there must be much better out there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Time for a return swipe...

With free travel for Huddersfield fans and tickets £10 for adults with under 17s free, I would say a travelling "army" of 1,000 is pretty poor for a game 30 miles away.

It's good when we apparently don't have any fans, we get slaughtered for our lack of support so we can't win.

They weren't all free travel, only the first 3, the club paid for the other 8 and why wouldn't they try and encourage our fans to go to a game they wouldn't normally go to.

We took around 1/4 of our home support, it may only be 1,000 but it's still a quarter of our home support.

If Hull took 3,000 or Leeds took 4,000 or cas took 1500 it would be a great turnout regardless so why not Huddersfield?

• Like 1

Well done to Salford, they were too fast, too strong, too clever for us.

We made a great game of it in the 2nd half but Salford had already won the game, they are a cracking side to watch when they play like that.

Just like to say as well, the atmosphere in the ground was superb, both Salford and Huddersfield get constantly criticised for their lack of support, but there probably hasn't been many games with a better atmosphere than that.

I don't know of it came over well on TV or not but it was a great, vibrant atmosphere.

It was too chuffing hot though 😟

Edited by meast
  • Like 4

Just now, meast said:

Well done to Salford, they were too fast, too strong, too clever for us.

We made a great game of it in the 2nd half but Salford had already won the game, they are a cracking side to watch when they play like that.

Just like to say as well, the atmosphere in the ground was superb, both Salford and Huddersfield get constantly criticised for their lack of support, but there probably hasn't been many games with a better atmosphere than that.

I don't know of it came over well on TV or not but it was a grear, vibrant atmosphere.

It was too chuffing hot though 😟

And two ‘unfashionable’ clubs creating a great atmosphere and some scintillating rugby. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, meast said:

It's good when we apparently don't have any fans, we get slaughtered for our lack of support so we can't win.

They weren't all free travel, only the first 3, the club paid for the other 8 and why wouldn't they try and encourage our fans to go to a game they wouldn't normally go to.

We took around 1/4 of our home support, it may only be 1,000 but it's still a quarter of our home support.

If Hull took 3,000 or Leeds took 4,000 or cas took 1500 it would be a great turnout regardless so why not Huddersfield?

Is there any topic you won't bring FC into? You are obsessed.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

8 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Is there any topic you won't bring FC into? You are obsessed.

To be fair he was replying to my swipe so it’s understandable.

His fellow Hudds fan Daz is obsessed with Hull KR’s fans, fair play to him, it’s hilarious!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

To be fair he was replying to my swipe so it’s understandable.

His fellow Hudds fan Daz is obsessed with Hull KR’s fans, fair play to him, it’s hilarious!

Meast is too imo.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, meast said:

don't know of it came over well on TV or not but it was a grear, vibrant atmosphere

Both sets of fans could be heard on the TV, sounded great. I thought 1000 away fans for a game on TV with an unusual kick off day/time was excellent.

Worth mentioning that Liam Moore had an excellent game IMO.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, meast said:

Why would I be obsessed with Hull FC?

Another strange comment.

Not strange at all.

It's how i see it. I don't do spats. I've said my piece.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like these spats

s-l400.jpg.1f3be3b2c70c33483c9c07cb4cea6237.jpg

Very nice.

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So you are considering spats, after saying you don't do them🤔

I'm afraid I've ruled them out for some nice Italian brogues.

Edited by jacksy
  • Haha 1