Fri 12 Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/22 at 19:30

Well, I watched that one on delay as I was out tonight.

No idea if the concensus was a good or bad game but I thought it was great entertainment. 

Three things stood out in the match % coverage for me.

1. How good an engine does Oledzki have.  In such a fast game his mobility and workmate for a big man is staggering. 

2. Morgan Gannon is a terrific prospect. 

3. How awkward was that first pre match segment where Brian Carney was asking Richard Agar what has changed at Leeds for the form to turn around!

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

There was clearly a problem with that game though. The number of injuries, players going to hospital was too high. Against this, there was not one sin bin for a high or dangerous tackle.

I thought the tackle leading to SKD started it. The summariser said it had been caused by a tackle from an unusual angle. This should have been punished really as it was dangerous. 

3 hours ago, MZH said:

I've seen enough rugby league games in my life to be able to confidently predict, after 5 minutes, that Rovers will win this with a bit to spare. Leeds look like they haven't come to play at all tonight.

How many games have watched in your life, one Hull Fc game.

34 minutes ago, Niels said:

There was clearly a problem with that game though. The number of injuries, players going to hospital was too high. Against this, there was not one sin bin for a high or dangerous tackle.

I thought the tackle leading to SKD started it. The summariser said it had been caused by a tackle from an unusual angle. This should have been punished really as it was dangerous. 

There was two hamstring strains, a dislocated finger, whatever Thompson had and SKD's knee. Only one of those could possibly be a result of a dangerous tackle so I don't know where you expected cards.

The SKD wasn't from an unusual angle and wasn't dangerous. People get injured by legal tackles sometimes, it's the nature of the game. It was a one/two man tackle, not a hip drop. You've created a controversy where none exists.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scouserrover said:

He’s got a fair bit of history here as well Hicks.

You seem a balanced sort of guy/girl/it/they, you have a chip on both shoulders.

22 minutes ago, V02 said:

There was two hamstring strains, a dislocated finger, whatever Thompson had and SKD's knee. Only one of those could possibly be a result of a dangerous tackle so I don't know where you expected cards.

The SKD wasn't from an unusual angle and wasn't dangerous. People get injured by legal tackles sometimes, it's the nature of the game. It was a one/two man tackle, not a hip drop. You've created a controversy where none exists.

Interestingly, I don't know if you have access to the Hull Daily Mail, but Danny McGuire has said he thought the referee lost control. 

It was the summariser on Sky who alerted us to the tackle on SKD being at an unusual angle. 

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Interestingly, I don't know if you have access to the Hull Daily Mail, but Danny McGuire has said he thought the referee lost control. 

It was the summariser on Sky who alerted us to the tackle on SKD being at an unusual angle. 

Danny McGuire has said he thought the referee lost control. 

He was wrong, though.

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

You really are ###### at predictions, stay out of the bookies.

It wasn't so much a prediction as an observation based on the way the game started. Before the game I would have definitely backed Leeds, but they just didn't look at the races. Credit to them for turning it around.

This was an odd game and I think Leeds have learned from the judiciary that if the ref doesn't see it it only half happened.

Certain players have been instrumental in the success of teams recently by being more energetic, twice as frenetic as everyone else  and looking for all the world like a blue bottomed fly.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Leeds may be in a play-off spot now but don’t have a cat in hells chance of getting past the 1st game let alone to a GF.

they weren’t exactly great in that game, lots of headless chicken stuff. For all their bluster neither half back really took control of the game for them.

• Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, MZH said:

It wasn't so much a prediction as an observation based on the way the game started. Before the game I would have definitely backed Leeds, but they just didn't look at the races. Credit to them for turning it around.

I think we needed to wait and see what happened when Leeds actually got their hands on the ball. Once they did there was only ever going to be one winner.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Leeds may be in a play-off spot now but don’t have a cat in hells chance of getting past the 1st game let alone to a GF.

they weren’t exactly great in that game, lots of headless chicken stuff. For all their bluster neither half back really took control of the game for them.

We can smell the fear in you from 60 miles away 😄

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2022 at 19:50, Harry Stottle said:

It is a very upmarket resort close to Marbella, it has a small port that has multi  million £/$ yachts visiting and there is a car hire firm on the dock with nothing less than Lamborghini's on show, and if you want to go for drink or a meal be prepared to take out a mortgage to pay for it, so yes very much like Hull.

Bet they don't have an Oss Wash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 13/08/2022 at 09:41, M j M said:

We can smell the fear in you from 60 miles away 😄

Nobdy, let alone Saints are remotely worried if they play Leeds at home this year in the play-off's.

The fact a team thats been as poor as Leeds is even in a play-off spot is a good argument that a Top 6 play-off format is a joke. If we have to have a play-off system then a Top 4, or better still a Top 3 system is a better reflection of a genuine title play-off system.

• Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

12 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

The fact a team thats been as poor as Leeds is even in a play-off spot is a good argument that a Top 6 play-off format is a joke. If we have to have a play-off system then a Top 4, or better still a Top 3 system is a better reflection of a genuine title play-off system.

I can see you trying to pre-empt things by blaming the play off system already 😂

On 12/08/2022 at 19:50, Harry Stottle said:

It is a very upmarket resort close to Marbella, it has a small port that has multi  million £/$ yachts visiting and there is a car hire firm on the dock with nothing less than Lamborghini's on show, and if you want to go for drink or a meal be prepared to take out a mortgage to pay for it, so yes very much like Hull.

Here’s me on my roof terrace yesterday, soaking up the beauty of the Puerto Banus of the north, after the lads brave battle against the visitors from some dark, satanic mills in Leeds 😂

It’s certainly not Leigh! 

3AD6243D-6E56-4027-8E7E-FCDABED09F74.jpeg

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 13/08/2022 at 00:29, Niels said:

mmm for me it was the players that lost some control.

It seemed to me that whatever decision KR players were throwing their arms in the air as if it was wrong... this led to the crowd forever bemoaning everything.  Not just the normal number of off side and forward pass shouting but on every pass and play at one stage.  In addition Dwyer at dummy half raising his hands at PTB and headless chicken Newman adding to the general chaos of play I thought the ref handled it well all-be-it not to the loud fan decision makers.

It was the players leading to the crowd that put high level pressure on the ref.  He may have lost it in the last 10min as he six again/penalised Leeds to Hull KR benefit.

A stronger ref would have or should have penalised a high number of players for constantly moaning about decsions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, redjonn said:

It seemed to me that whatever decision KR players were throwing their arms in the air as if it was wrong... this led to the crowd forever bemoaning everything.  Not just the normal number of off side and forward pass shouting but on every pass and play at one stage.  In addition Dwyer at dummy half raising his hands at PTB and headless chicken Newman adding to the general chaos of play I thought the ref handled it well all-be-it not to the loud fan decision makers.

It was the players leading to the crowd that put high level pressure on the ref.  He may have lost it in the last 10min as he six again/penalised Leeds to Hull KR benefit.

A stronger ref would have or should have penalised a high number of players for constantly moaning about decsions.

It was a weird atmosphere - I know all fans are biased and shout forward and boo a little but it was pretty constant well, constant as soon as Leeds came back into the game that is.

One thing I picked up on and I thin a few Leeds players have done this in the past so I'm not picking on any club but twice Hull KR players were mimicking holding a card up to the ref to say a Leeds player should be in the bin- this needs stamping out quickly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redjonn said:

Good point.

I thought the same about Newman. He reminds me of Paul Gascoigne, very injury prone and without the nous to play with regard to this.

• Like 1