Thur 11 Aug: SL: Warrington Wolves v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/22 at 19:30

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Can’t see anything but a comfortable Warrington win unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Easy for Warrington this, and a lot of pressure off Powell.

Wish I was as confident as you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wire to post their most impressive win - on the scoreboard - against a Toulouse who last week v HKR did nothing whatsoever to give the impression that they have another gear to shift into, is it the coaching or the player's? in my opinion a combination of both, although having 10years experience Houles is a novice at SL level and a lot of the player's are either not good enough for this level or too long in the tooth.

Wire 30+ difference on the scoreboard.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Of course it should be a Wolves win for a few reasons.

I can't swear to this but Warrington, in my memory book, have form when it come to their involvement in matches with relegation frought sides.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Of course it should be a Wolves win for a few reasons.

I can't swear to this but Warrington, in my memory book, have form when it come to their involvement in matches with relegation frought sides.

Memory playing games with you. Wakefield have beat us three times so in 4 games against bottom sides we have won one. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Memory playing games with you. Wakefield have beat us three times so in 4 games against bottom sides we have won one. 

I think that's exactly the kind of form I was talking about!

The start is crucial. Toulouse, however limited, will throw everything at wire early on. If wire can withstand it, then I can see a comfortable home win. Toulouse score first, the crowd will get restless, the players will feel the pressure(and we've seen they can't handle that!)and it will be a close, nervy game.

6 minutes ago, Moe syszlak said:

The start is crucial. Toulouse, however limited, will throw everything at wire early on. If wire can withstand it, then I can see a comfortable home win. Toulouse score first, the crowd will get restless, the players will feel the pressure(and we've seen they can't handle that!)and it will be a close, nervy game.

A nervy game is almost never a pleasure to watch apart from people who like crashes in F1.

It is interesting that people who like P&R and talk of dead rubbers alot never seem to refer to games like that.

I hope it isn't as I'd rather have a one sided game than one of those where  players are almost afraid to make a decision, and I hate one sided games.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

A nervy game is never a pleasure to watch from people who like crashes in F1.

It is interesting that people who like P&R and talk of dead rubbers alot seem to refer to games like that.

I hope it isn't as I'd have a one sided game than one of those where  players are afraid to make , and I hate one sided games.

have to disagree with you there - nervy games can be great, provided the players hold themselves together. The old-style MPG was the ultimate nervy game, with everything on the line, but made great viewing (even though tinged with a sense of "I'm not sure this should really be happening, all those players should not be playing for their livelihoods"). 

On the other hand, nervy games that become error fests are, as you say, not good games

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrfranco said:

nervy games that become error fests are, as you say, not good games

I think they're easily in the majority.

9 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think they're easily in the majority.

Don't stop at jeapordy games as being nervy Oxy, what about sudden death cup matches, last chance to make the playoffs, play off eliminators, semi-finals, finals, that bee your in your bonnet about P&R must be buzzing quite loudly at this time of year.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Spot on

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

16 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Disagree, Toulouse couldn't hold on to a 12 point buffer in the last quarter against a very understrength HKR, even if they are at some point in the lead by a couple of tries with 20mins to go I still wouldn't fancy them, and that is taking into consideration how many games Wire also lose in this period.

• Like 1