Super League Europe new articles of association

Super League Europe has filed new articles of association with Companies House: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03238540/filing-history?page=1

Can't see a lot different from the last ones (although I'm no expert) but there are changes to share capital, ie they appear to have removed the 50 £1 Ordinary Share issue limit and inserted a clause about new share classes. Maybe an investment in SLE is on the cards?

There's also something about allowing the new RL Commercial firm to use Super League clubs' IP.

No changes to formats. The rules still say there has to be P&R, including a 2nd last SL vs 2nd Championship playoff if they went to 14 clubs. 

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Super League Europe has filed new articles of association with Companies House: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03238540/filing-history?page=1

Can't see a lot different from the last ones (although I'm no expert) but there are changes to share capital, ie they appear to have removed the 50 £1 Ordinary Share issue limit and inserted a clause about new share classes. Maybe an investment in SLE is on the cards?

There's also something about allowing the new RL Commercial firm to use Super League clubs' IP.

No changes to formats. The rules still say there has to be P&R, including a 2nd last SL vs 2nd Championship playoff if they went to 14 clubs. 

That would be great, top / bottom go up and down automatically and 2nd play 13th in the million pound (or more likely now ten grand) game. 

• Like 1

I will say I am no financial law expert, but surely for the SL to go to 14 clubs it would mean either a reduction in central funding or some mechanism to increase it.

Now there are a number of ways that is possible, most controversial (ie a levy on gate income) or long term (increase gate income through higher attendances) or lastly outside investment.

Does this therefore facilitate such investment? 

All I will say curious how the signatures are listed not in alphabetical order but in order of Huddersfield, Saints, Wigan, Wakefield, Hull, Leeds, Warrington, Hull KR, SASP UTC-Perpignan, Castleford, Salford City Reds, Toulouse Olympique, RFL (governing body)

Random.

Access to IP addresses would seem right up one of the indicators that IMG are to deliver on. 

I presume collective activity?

Edited by idrewthehaggis

6 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I'm not sure why this matters.

Is there a legal requirement to follow articles of association? If so no one would put anything in them that they might be held to in this day and age.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

18 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is there a legal requirement to follow articles of association? If so no one would put anything in them that they might be held to in this day and age.

I think there is, however they can be revised at any time as they have been here. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

30 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Sometimes they contain interesting stuff. The last ones included a limit to overseas clubs (still in place) and rules on P&R (ditto). 

Like I say, the main changes this time seem to be related to issuing shares in Super League Europe (ie they are no longer limited to 50 in total, and different types of share can now be issued - clues to external investment, perhaps).

Edited by Man of Kent

50 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I will say I am no financial law expert, but surely for the SL to go to 14 clubs it would mean either a reduction in central funding or some mechanism to increase it.

Now there are a number of ways that is possible, most controversial (ie a levy on gate income) or long term (increase gate income through higher attendances) or lastly outside investment.

Does this therefore facilitate such investment? 

All I will say curious how the signatures are listed not in alphabetical order but in order of Huddersfield, Saints, Wigan, Wakefield, Hull, Leeds, Warrington, Hull KR, SASP UTC-Perpignan, Castleford, Salford City Reds, Toulouse Olympique, RFL (governing body)

Random.

Access to IP addresses would seem right up one of the indicators that IMG are to deliver on. 

Yes I’m theory the share of tv money would go down from 12th to 14th (unless they voted to withhold the money from the promoted clubs again), but they might make that back as interest increases with new teams to play and no loop fixtures. Few games would be better for player welfare also - everyone’s a winner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

50 x £1 shares, that is probably all it is worth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

IP as in intellectual property. It means the new RL Commercial Ltd company - which IMG is effectively buying into - has the right to use any Super League club’s IP, eg name, badge, pics, films etc. for commercial purposes. 

Not very interesting, granted 😀

• Like 1

On 10/08/2022 at 22:37, Harry Stottle said:

50 x £1 shares, that is probably all it is worth.

Possibly. But imagine instead of shares, there was a RL Bond in which say for example every SL supporter contributed on average £100 each. Let it rest in an industrial account for a decade.

They are common amongst soccer clubs. Why not RL?

It could be a way to finance ground/facility developments. 

On 10/08/2022 at 22:40, Man of Kent said:

IP as in intellectual property. It means the new RL Commercial Ltd company - which IMG is effectively buying into - has the right to use any Super League club’s IP, eg name, badge, pics, films etc. for commercial purposes. 

Not very interesting, granted 😀

The presumption is that IMG will suggest collective media promotion to be intensified.

Sounds good. 

Its my contention that some RL marketing is a tad dated. You know all the iron man stuff. Personally i'd drop the grunt for the grin.  More speed than smash. Less Ben Currie and more Bevan French. 

2 hours ago, Ooh Ah Timmy Street said:

So nothing has changed regarding structure as such . It still says the same thing as is in place currently . 
I don’t care how they do it , just please get rid of the loop fixtures . 

Mucking around with structure as if this will solve the Games's problems seems to be a false panacea. 

It barely touches issues like attendances, revenue, participation, player  development.

If structure is changed it has to be cohesive for all, not just Leeds and Wigan. It has to be about addressing the above issues and making the tournament more competitive.

On 10/08/2022 at 21:41, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think there is, however they can be revised at any time as they have been here. 

If they can be rewritten at any time does tha make them a definite maybe or a Bojo promise?

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Mucking around with structure as if this will solve the Games's problems seems to be a false panacea. 

This must stem from the SL chairmen whose solutions all seem to have one end after they've done and it doesn't work they scrap it or after they've tried it for 5 minutes and it works they scrap it!

It's like that when you get all your solutions to imaginary problems from the Ladybird Book of Game Theory

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political