Match thread: Championship Rd 23. Featherstone Rovers v Dewsbury. Sunday 14th August 2022.

marklaspalmas

On 12/08/2022 at 17:29, Fevrover said:

I appreciate you are disappointed with this season ( most of us are) but Leigh are full time and have recruited better. Who would have known we would have so many injuries?  But i think what most of us are disappointed with is there isn't much flowing Rugby and there doesn't appear to be that umph we had last season. I've spoken to supporters who have stopped going which is a shame its now we need them most.

2nd in the table and stopped going - sheesh! Some folk.

Try being a Dewsbury supporter if you want to know pain.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 13/08/2022 at 00:12, coolie said:

Before covid19 it was a 2 course sit down meal which was always nice, visit last season it was like a picnic box which was really outstanding, pork pie, scotch egg, salad, meat, sandwiches. 

Whatever is served in sure it will be of the usual high standard 🤔👏👏

You mean FREE.

Of course you would have gone in any case. 🙂

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

2nd in the table and stopped going - sheesh! Some folk.

Try being a Dewsbury supporter if you want to know pain.

I agree but you can't make them attend but you can bet they will IF we get to the final. AND when/ if we lose will moan the most - seen it so many times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/08/2022 at 09:39, Wakefield Ram said:

Hopefully it will be a battling performance from a relegated Rams team, struggling to scrape a side together. Either that or we will cave after 15 mins and it'll be a cricket score as happened against Batley. I'm hoping for the former.

So a comfortable Fev win by anything between 20 and 60 points.

Maybe your announcer could give your ex-player Paul Sykes a shout out playing his 501st professional game and for his 41st birthday today 11th August.

Well it was the latter, glad I saved myself a tenner.

Spot on DS much improved, despite the poor opposition and the heat. Defence sound, discipline good and the team were playing for each other . onwards & upwards,

WE could almost pick a team from the stands this afternoon with all the injured players watching the game in front of us,

• Like 1

Agree with the above posts we did seem more intense in attack and defence.Are we slowly improving towards the crucial part of the season?.More optimistic than a month ago as we hope to have vital players back.Thought Koppy had a good return always looking to be involved and another sound game from Springer.

Well the plan has always been to be ready for the end of the season.  After today I can see how this group of players are starting to gel more, apart from the first 5 minutes when ball retention was poor. Things seemed to have upped in speed both defensively and offensively, especially Ford who's starting to show his class, not only with ball in hand but communicating with the players. We're far from the finished article but if we keep making improvements week on week. Well who knows how this season will end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Well the plan has always been to be ready for the end of the season.  After today I can see how this group of players are starting to gel more, apart from the first 5 minutes when ball retention was poor. Things seemed to have upped in speed both defensively and offensively, especially Ford who's starting to show his class, not only with ball in hand but communicating with the players. We're far from the finished article but if we keep making improvements week on week. Well who knows how this season will end.

This. 

Didn't really understand the Ford signing. He's a maverick. Similar to Chizzy in many respects both offensively and defensively. Mac didn't appear to fancy Chizzys style (unlike the majority) so I was surprised a non pragmatic type like him was hired.

It's taken a few weeks through lack of fitness and injury but today bar a couple of mistakes his game was pure class. To make up the difference with Leigh his involvement looks essential. 

He seems a decent guy and team player. Hope he stays fit. Having cut Chizzy and lost Killer a gamebreaker like Ford is a must to have any chance of ending the season as champions imo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Didn't really understand the Ford signing. He's a maverick. Similar to Chizzy in many respects both offensively and defensively. Mac didn't appear to fancy Chizzys style (unlike the majority) so I was surprised a non pragmatic type like him was hired.

It's taken a few weeks through lack of fitness and injury but today bar a couple of mistakes his game was pure class. To make up the difference with Leigh his involvement looks essential. 

He seems a decent guy and team player. Hope he stays fit. Having cut Chizzy and lost Killer a gamebreaker like Ford is a must to have any chance of ending the season as champions imo.

I'd agree, Ford is quality,  and it looks like not playing him until he gained fitness was the right thing to do. He gives me hope for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I'd agree, Ford is quality,  and it looks like not playing him until he gained fitness was the right thing to do. He gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't get too excited at hammering a hopeless Rams side. Ford is your chance of beating Leigh, a genuine one off

• Like 1

If Jacks gets back from injury we will have half backs with contrasting styles.Ford is lateral in his running and nearly always beats his man before passing.And Jacks has the ability over 20m to split a defence attacking the line.Still think we can score tries against any team on the edges so fasten your seat belts for an exciting finish to the season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

I’m not going again. I won’t watch Brian’s team. He’s a moron.

Deary deary me  I think your being a bit childish so go sit in the corner with your crayons and colour in some nice pictures 🖍️🤣

on a serious note for a long time now youv'e banged on about your dislike of the coach even saying youve never liked him  even when he was at leeds and you want him sacked he's utterly useless,  has poor man management skills even though sinfield said His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.and he was the best coach I ever played under.

I think if we had beaten cats in the league won 1895 cup and sitting top unbeaten your dislike for the coach would still be prevelent 

Now you say that your not going again that's ok it's your choice but we don't need to know

Wea've got plenty of fans who will watch the team every week win lose or draw irespective of the coach and that's all that really matters

• Like 5

like i have said in previous posts on here lets not bash the coach the players or anyone connected with the rovers we have been the best part time team in this league for over ten years spent within our means assembled top squads if we have a fully fit squad most importantly the pack in 7 weeks we wont be far off how can some people say what they are when we are second in the championship and have still everything to play for.

• Like 2