Skolars

moorside roughyed

We will go into the last 10 minutes leading quite convincingly and then it becomes a nail biter and we'll win by one! And Hunslet lose meaning we could still reach the play-offs and then winning promotion to the championship.

Sun's got to my head!!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jroyales said:

We will go into the last 10 minutes leading quite convincingly and then it becomes a nail biter and we'll win by one! And Hunslet lose meaning we could still reach the play-offs and then winning promotion to the championship.

Sun's got to my head!!

I think it has mate😅

Winning promotion to the Championship isn't the be-all and end-all of this season. We don't want to be a yo-yo team, up and down, up and down. This season is all about consolidation and building for the future, just as much with off-field and community work as with what happens on the pitch. I know the team and our games are the club's shop window, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes too and in the meantime we rely on the support and backing of the Oldham people. Having said all that, it would be nice to figure in the play-offs even if we don't go all the way.  

Every time any team takes to the field there's an opposition out to push you down and to do for their fans what our fans would love us to do to them. That's the nature of competitive sport. For every win there's a loss, but the chances of us going from strength to strength and inflicting more defeats on the opposition than they inflict on us depend, to a large degree, on the backing and support of local people.

As Stu Littler says, we are on a journey. Let me just add that the next milestone on that journey can be found at the Vestacare Stadium tomorrow (3pm start) when we play London Skolars. Get there if you can and enjoy the game in the knowledge that, by your very presence, you are doing YOUR bit to ensuring that Roughyeds continue to fly the flag in Oldham. In the meantime you can find out all you need to know about the game on our Roughyeds website. We know it isn't Super League, or even the Championship. But it's OLDHAM, your Oldham, your Heritage, your town, your team. See you there !

• Like 3

Wow. Only three people including me have been involved on this thread about our next home game Over 300 views on it too. Really sad, people seem to be losing interest. I really do hope the boys can put in an 80 minute display today and give us something to shout about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Wow. Only three people including me have been involved on this thread about our next home game Over 300 views on it too. Really sad, people seem to be losing interest. I really do hope the boys can put in an 80 minute display today and give us something to shout about.

Unfortunately, there seems to be several contributors on this forum who's philosophy is "if there's nothing negative to say, say nothing". I'm sure they'll be here later if the boys don't get a win today. I don't envy either of the teams having to play in this heat but I hope the Roughyeds do manage to put in a full 80 minutes and send you diehard supporters home with big smiles on your faces. Come on you Yeds!

• Like 1

Well, you are now in touching distance of Hunslet with Cornwall next (expect a fiery game based on Hornets’ game today) and Hunslet at Swinton, before your game there.  A 6th place and a possible play-off tie at Hornets is all the incentive you need!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, herbie said:

Oldham were great today all across the park. Right side a bit soft in first half then got fixed up at half time.

Well done lads shut the whingers up for a week .

I don't necessarily think they're whingers,they are probably just very frustrated. I suppose when you pay the admission it kinda gives a right to voice approval or disapproval. They were great today.👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't necessarily think they're whingers,they are probably just very frustrated. I suppose when you pay the admission it kinda gives a right to voice approval or disapproval. They were great today.👍

Id be very surprised if most of the whingers pay admission.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Crowd was sadly very poor today.

Understand the frustrations but as Roger says if we do t support the club they will struggle for cash during the winter 

The attendance was very grim. People have obviously lost any appetite. When people walk away disgruntled or generally fed up you've a job getting them back. Coupled with prices of basic living going through the roof. There are probably lots of clubs in all sports in precarious situations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

The attendance was very grim. People have obviously lost any appetite. When people walk away disgruntled or generally fed up you've a job getting them back. Coupled with prices of basic living going through the roof. There are probably lots of clubs in all sports in precarious situations.

you are 100 percent right mr latics v dorking  at/ 8 thoushand eight hundred and 12

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tandle said:

you are 100 percent right mr latics v dorking  at/ 8 thoushand eight hundred and 12

What did you think of the performance today Tandle? Hope you didnt get too hot standing or were you sat in the stand? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I have an occasional moan,but I'm a season ticket holder. I just find it immensely frustrating,no malice towards the team,I just want us to do well.

No problem with that whatsoever.

Everybody has an opinion. The one thing i would say after reading some posts over the last few weeks is

If you wouldnt sit opposite a player and say it dont type it or shout it from behind a fence.

• Like 3

Excellent performance across the park Bibby very strong. Better use of Whittel, ie spelling him just before half time do he can get back on pretty soon after. Hewitt is in a run of very good form. An 80 minute performance at long last. Most pleasing thing for me was that even though they weren't a strong side, we nilled them in the second half, and scored to me count three tries in counter attacks from having defended strongly on our own line. The boys really wanted that one. Let's hope that this attitude and resolution continues over the next weeks. Well done, boys. Top notch.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, herbie said:

No problem with that whatsoever.

Everybody has an opinion. The one thing i would say after reading some posts over the last few weeks is

If you wouldnt sit opposite a player and say it dont type it or shout it from behind a fence.

Anything I say I'd be more than happy to say to someone's face because I'd offer some constructive criticism,not just whinging and moan. But this is a forum and everyone has a view and that's the beauty of it.

• Like 2

I think most people on here want the team to do well and if the performance isn't what I or anyone else wants it's good to get it off your chest.

Everything I have said this year isn't out of malice or hatred to the chairman or any of the board it's because I care it's because I know we can do better.

I don't see an oldham team as a bottom half league one side I see oldham at least mid championship. Why because I have watched the club over 40 plus years.

It saddens me where we are now. 

• Like 6