The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

15 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I think everyone agrees that the Bulls need a complete clear-out.

Looking at the squad list on the other forum, the only players NOT out of contract at the end of the season are Hall, Miller, Gill, Lilley, Fleming and Scurr.

EDIT I missed Baldwinson off the list

We've already managed to somehow convince Featherstone to take Fleming off our hands, and rumours abound that we'll cut Miller and Hall loose.

So, yeah, it's easier to make a list of who might stay at the Bulls than speculate on who is leaving.

I don't like mass clearouts tbh Paul. Don't get why DFJ and Wallace have struggled for game time when we've struggled. Foggy has a brain fart twice a season but seems to be penalised on that, like a keeper at football making a mistake but then seems to punished for this whereas our pack can be like a sieve and they'll play every week.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

4 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

I don't like mass clearouts tbh Paul. Don't get why DFJ and Wallace have struggled for game time when we've struggled. Foggy has a brain fart twice a season but seems to be penalised on that, like a keeper at football making a mistake but then seems to punished for this whereas our pack can be like a sieve and they'll play every week.

Sometimes people's faces just don't fit. We have a few wingers, so there have always been other players favoured over DFJ.

Wallace can't get a game, yet he's been signed by Castleford. Says it all, really...

A clear-out was inevitable when almost the whole squad was on contracts ending this season. Add in the fact we've been garbage most of the season, and there we are.

Who would you keep?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Sometimes people's faces just don't fit. We have a few wingers, so there have always been other players favoured over DFJ.

Wallace can't get a game, yet he's been signed by Castleford. Says it all, really...

A clear-out was inevitable when almost the whole squad was on contracts ending this season. Add in the fact we've been garbage most of the season, and there we are.

Who would you keep?

Sam Scott ? , I know he suffered a knee injury......think it was against Leigh but nothing since , is the injury that bad ? or is there summat else. Never took a backward step at the Knights and we were sorry to see him go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Who would you keep?

Errrm lol.

Gill, Flanagan snr, Doyle, Hallas, Wallace, Miller, DFJ, Lilley, Scott, Butler......

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Errrm lol.

Gill, Flanagan snr, Doyle, Hallas, Wallace, Miller, DFJ, Lilley, Scott, Butler......

Wallace and Miller are definitely leaving. Doyle will probably get picked off. Butler is on loan, so it’s not up to us.

Gill and Lilley are already signed for 2023, they were on my earlier list.

So that leaves about four people we can offer a deal to - so it looks like it will be largely a new team. In fact Dunning said as much in the T&A today

11 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Wallace and Miller are definitely leaving. Doyle will probably get picked off. Butler is on loan, so it’s not up to us.

Gill and Lilley are already signed for 2023, they were on my earlier list.

So that leaves about four people we can offer a deal to - so it looks like it will be largely a new team. In fact Dunning said as much in the T&A today

Why just 4

23 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I hope everyone realises this thread is going to create about 50 "Serious About Rugby League" outputs on Monday, each one titled something like "Club X ROCKED by rumoured departure of STAR PLAYER"

Anyway, to fuel that fire, allegedly:

Bevan French may go to Newcastle Knights

Tee Ritson has not spoken to St Helens

A further rumour is that he is going to reunite with the guy who brought him to SL- Adrian Lam, and it may be that Dr Koukash is the financier deal reported to be 6 figures for 3 seasons. 

Correction that should read 7 figures for 3 seasons.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Haha 1

On 13/08/2022 at 10:47, Jughead said:

Saints have been linked with Tee Ritson and spoke to Luke Hooley, though he’s expected to sign for Leeds.

Woolf to go to the Dolphins as part of Bennett’s coaching staff and Paul Wellens to step up as Head Coach. 

I don't know who made up that Hooley rumour, FB is one position Saints are definately not in the market for. Welsby is 1st choice with Hopoate, Bennison & Hill (probably in that order) as back-up FB's. In fact the only position the club have openly confirmed they are looking at brining someone new in for is a winger to replace Grace.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

20 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

In recent years of slashing RFL funding, some clubs will tie down their star players in order to secure a cash agreement to release their contract and who can blame them? 

Yep Leigh have done that with Nene Macdonald, but some Leeds fans believe if they 'holler' clubs will just release them, if Macdonald does leave for Leeds, Leigh should demand a fee which will allow them to buy his equal or better, and I highlight and underline buy as Leigh will not have to wait to see which player's are off contract they will be in a position to offer a transfer fee, I would be so very dissapointed if Leigh let him go without being well recompensed.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

A further rumour is that he is going to reunite with the guy who brought him to SL- Adrian Lam, and it may be that Dr Koukash is the financier deal reported to be 6 figures for 3 seasons. 

@Gav Wilson this is doing the rounds in Leigh, Dr Koukash is never away from the place and great friends with Derek Beaumont, no surprise when Wigan got wind of it they gave French an uplifted offer to stay,  but he has yet to commit to that and it is 3 weeks since Wigan reacted, maybe he is holding out to go back home and sign for the Knights, but as far as I know Leigh are still in the mix.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Could be something in this. I'm hearing that Marwan and his business partner, Lord Lucan, are planning to go big on it, and have Elvis announce the signing from the back of Shergar at the LSV.

Worth keeping an eye on.

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep Leigh have done that with Nene Macdonald, but some Leeds fans believe if they 'holler' clubs will just release them, if Macdonald does leave for Leeds, Leigh should demand a fee which will allow them to buy his equal or better, and I highlight and underline buy as Leigh will not have to wait to see which player's are off contract they will be in a position to offer a transfer fee, I would be so very dissapointed if Leigh let him go without being well recompensed.

If Leigh gain promotion, they will have to release a number of OS players to meet the SL overseas players rules. They won't be in a position to demand anything.

If other clubs don't players off their hands, they are in deep doo-doo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dboy said:

If Leigh gain promotion, they will have to release a number of OS players to meet the SL overseas players rules. They won't be in a position to demand anything.

Leigh currently have 1 available quota spot for next year, with Ferguson, MacDonald, Asiata, Lam, Amone and Ipape under contract for at least next season. Any others are all one deals expiring at the end of this year so Leigh don't need to rely on any other clubs whatsoever. They aren't in any sort of 'doo-doo' whatsoever and the continued narrative that Leigh are going to be screwed because of the quota next year is pretty funny to me considering we have more(and better quality) players signed for next year than we've ever had going into a (potential) SL year. This time in 2020 we had 0 players contracted for the following year and didn't even know which division we'd be playing.

Whilst this is a thread of rumours, in terms of the players that will be coming in to replace the ones we aren't resigning.. Rob Mulhern, Matt Davis and Jack Hughes are rumoured to be done deals from Wire, whilst we are speaking to Gareth O'Brien and Tom Briscoe. I'm sure there are probably more(which Adrian Lam has alluded to a few times in interviews) but I doubt any will be announced til the conclusion of their respective clubs seasons.

• Thanks 1

On 13/08/2022 at 11:53, The Blues Ox said:

Couple of Fax ones from the other forum and gossip. Josh Bowden and Tom Holmes for next season. Im more inclined to believe the Tom Holmes rumor to be honest. We are pretty lucky to be in a fantastic position where all our key players are tied up for next season so its just about looking for 2 or 3 real quality signings for next season.

Tbh I haven’t heard much about fax in terms of recruitment, I think Tom Holmes’s would be a great acquisition if true , don’t know much about Bowden but the source is not great . I heard worthington might be off to keighley but a very speculative rumour. The one I want to be true and again a very thin dream is Sam luckley at Salford, he’s off contract at the end of the year was linked by mick gledhill earlier in the season ( I know he talks b.s but he occasionally gets one right )  but he does live in Halifax and he’s definitely a Grix type of player. He also has the same agent fax use a lot .

Edited by Rockingchair
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Yes if those were on contract after this season but the are not, where do you people get your information from, oh yes you make it up.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes if those were on contract after this season but the are not, where do you people get your information from, oh yes you make it up.

🤣 Until 10 minutes ago, I was hoping that Leigh would come up, but sod it, I hope you get dumped in the play-offs.

Big time Charlies, the lot of ya!

Edited by dboy
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, dboy said:

🤣 Until 10 minutes ago, I was hoping that Leigh would come up, but sod it, I hope you get dumped in the play-offs.

Big time Charlies, the lot of ya!

Why's that, because it was pointed out to you that you were wrong in your assumption, no player signed on at Leigh had longer than a contract for this season.

No it was the arrogant dismissive and rude "people like you" comment, along with "oh yes, you make it up" nonsense.

There have been a few articles, around the time you signed Lam, highlighting the fact you need to drop some overseas players next year.

Be less arrogant and rude and people will like you more.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dboy said:

No it was the arrogant dismissive and rude "people like you" comment, along with "oh yes, you make it up" nonsense.

There have been a few articles, around the time you signed Lam, highlighting the fact you need to drop some overseas players next year.

Be less arrogant and rude and people will like you more.

Do any of the articles which is quoted in a following post actually state that Leigh have more than 7 non fed players signed up for next season?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why's that, because it was pointed out to you that you were wrong in your assumption, no player signed on at Leigh had longer than a contract for this season.

Is your coach signed up for next season?

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Do any of the articles which is quoted in a following post actually state that Leigh have more than 7 non fed players signed up for next season?

No, they simply point out the impending quandary.

It's not only the number of players, it's the overall effect of having to meet salary cap regulations next year, as well.

Still, I'm sure Derek Beaumont knows exactly what he's doing.