The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Hearing Luke Hooley to Leeds and loans out to us. Plus DFJ to sign a year extension.

Why would Leeds sign him and then loan him out for the entire season back a different club to the same league?

It's not like taking a punt on a 16-year 0old prodigy, Hooley is 24. He's either ready to step up or he isn't. In fact, playing for our lot is likely to make him worse rather than better!

I'm not doubting you, I've no idea one way or the other - it just seems a bit odd

• Like 3

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Heard Fev have a big sponsorship deal with Stannah in the works as well. 

You're just jealous because Fax don't have any "big sponsorship". 😜

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Hmmm, has Fev decided that they are not going up this year, no disrespect but apart from Mark K. on good form, I don't see the other two as SL player's, Ford in my opinion never has been - and probably shared by SL clubs considering the amount of interest in him when he was out in the wilderness - and from what I have seen of Joey L which admittedly is against Leigh a team who can Monster him as opposed to other Champ clubs I don't think he would be SL quality either..

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hmmm, has Fev decided that they are not going up this year, no disrespect but apart from Mark K. on good form, I don't see the other two as SL player's, Ford in my opinion never has been - and probably shared by SL clubs considering the amount of interest in him when he was out in the wilderness - and from what I have seen of Joey L which admittedly is against Leigh a team who can Monster him as opposed to other Champ clubs I don't think he would be SL quality either..

I'd agree about Ford, not quite SL quality. To be fair to Joey, he looks like he's being carrying a knock most of the year but has recently started showing the quality we were expecting. He's also not been getting good ball, however with Ford playing down that side it's starting to come.

We're definitely not in SL next year, season tickets have just gone on sale at last year's prices.

5 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

We're definitely not in SL next year, season tickets have just gone on sale at last year's prices.

Bold move or Fev has done the maths and SL funding will cover the short fall, albeit as I say I am much more confident than I was but it is not over till the fat lady sings.

Do you want to take Big Mac with you next year whichever division you are in?

16 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Why would Leeds sign him and then loan him out for the entire season back a different club to the same league?

It's not like taking a punt on a 16-year 0old prodigy, Hooley is 24. He's either ready to step up or he isn't. In fact, playing for our lot is likely to make him worse rather than better!

I'm not doubting you, I've no idea one way or the other - it just seems a bit odd

Completely agree. And if it did happen why not back to Batley. This rumour is actually from someone at the club but don't get it meself.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Bold move or Fev has done the maths and SL funding will cover the short fall, albeit as I say I am much more confident than I was but it is not over till the fat lady sings.

Do you want to take Big Mac with you next year whichever division you are in?

Weirdly, I've warmed to his style recently.  I think I've been unfair on him over the middle 1/3 of the season, given the catalogue of injuries we've had.  That said, if we do go up (we won't) we'll need someone that can give us week to week consistency if we've any hope of beating the drop.

Edited by David Shepherd

16 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Love hearing all the Fev fans with the "we arent going up comments". 

Remember when they beat Leigh at the beginning of the year and it was a forgone conclusion that they were going to win the trebble? 

Great seeing them knocked down a couple of pegs .

Not nearly as great as watching the slow motion car crash that has been Bradford Northern over the last 10 years. Relegation to the third division being a particular favourite of mine. Along with that 20-0 victory when we charged your fans £2 extra for the privilege.😜

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Love hearing all the Fev fans with the "we arent going up comments". 

Remember when they beat Leigh at the beginning of the year and it was a forgone conclusion that they were going to win the trebble? 

Great seeing them knocked down a couple of pegs .

Can’t recall any Fev fans saying promotion was a forgone conclusion,you’ve just made that up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Can’t recall any Fev fans saying promotion was a forgone conclusion,you’ve just made that up.

To be fair, there was a genuine feeling of confidence early in the season. I'd convinced myself it was finally our turn and I'm usually a right pessimistic old fart.

Edited by David Shepherd