The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

All I ever read on player movement is like rats leaving a sinking ship at Bradford, there is something very wrong at your club, Nigel Wood perhaps?

A team the fished 9th in the league with only 11 wins clears out their squad.  Who would have thought it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neil Monaghan said:

Jacob miller off to Cas next season 

And two more seasons after, so you can't really blame him for grabbing that.  Thanks for the unforgettable drop goal Milky. 

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Could Alex Walmsley be leaving Saints ?

Rumour also of a current Kiwi International forward joining the party at the LSV !!  He's a biggun too !

(Could that be two bigguns ??)

What rumour?

And no, Alex Walmsley won’t be leaving. And for the record, Saints have the full allowance of quota players so if there is a signing from the Southern Hemisphere, it will have to be one of the quota players leaving. 

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Newcastle and Bradford could be exiting the Championship next season and not upwards, just saying.

We won't go down. We've still got some decent performers and some really good young players coming through.

It will be worth watching anyway, for the first time in years:

-The Flanagan father and son combo is reminiscent of the Grayshon father and son combo. If someone wallops the son, the father will kick off.

- Ebon Scurr and hopefully Sammi Kibula have genuine bashability. Marcus Green is the latest off the good prop conveyor belt. Not sure if Jordan Baldwinson is staying but he played really well at the end of last season. I see Matt Garside has left Fax and I'd love to have him back.

- Chester Butler and Sam Scott have genuine talent and graft, though I'd like to see Chester playing centre or loose forward ... he's not big enough for the battering ram duties that Kear assigned him to.

- Myles Lawford looks real quality, Jordan Lilley is staying, Tom Holmes has signed and apparently Dec Patten is staying ... no problems at halfback or goalkicking.

Elliot Hall works at the club, so hopefully he'll stay and Dave Foggin Johnson is staying. Hopefully Kieran Gill and Rhys Evans are staying. Either way, we've got a big hard running winger arrived in Ben Blackmore.

We'll be okay.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

11 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

We won't go down. We've still got some decent performers and some really good young players coming through.

-The Flanagan father and son combo is reminiscent of the Grayshon father and son combo. If someone wallops the son, the father will kick off.

- Ebon Scurr and hopefully Sammi Kibula have genuine bashability. Marcus Green is the latest off the good prop conveyor belt. Not sure if Jordan Baldwinson is staying but he played really well at the end of last season. I see Matt Garside has left Fax and I'd love to have him back.

- Chester Butler and Sam Scott have genuine talent and graft, though I'd like to see Chester playing centre or loose forward ... he's not big enough for the battering ram duties that Kear assigned him to.

- Myles Lawford looks real quality, Jordan Lilley is staying, Tom Holmes has signed and apparently Dec Patten is staying ... no problems at halfback or goalkicking.

Elliot Hall works at the club, so hopefully he'll stay and Dave Foggin Johnson is staying. Hopefully Kieran Gill and Rhys Evans are staying. Either way, we've got a big hard running winger arrived in Ben Blackmore.

We'll be okay.

Wow thats certainly some take!  Not sure if you're being genuine or sarcastic though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

We'll be okay.

Maybe you should ask the Dewsbury fans about Blackmore.Better still,look at the highlights of the Bash game between Batley and Dewsbury.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

What rumour?

And no, Alex Walmsley won’t be leaving. And for the record, Saints have the full allowance of quota players so if there is a signing from the Southern Hemisphere, it will have to be one of the quota players leaving. 

I am not talking about St Helens and quota spots. 

The person they are desperate to bring back is British (LT).  Walmsley getting too injury prone apparently. 

The Kiwi is a replacement for Sam Stone. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

The person they are desperate to bring back is British (LT).  Walmsley getting too injury prone apparently. 

Didn't realise Logan Tomkins had gone to the NRL and I always thought he was a little small to be playing Prop TBH!😳

I didn't realise Leigh had a quota spot free after their offloads but then again it's hard to keep up with what's going on over at the LSV.😁

Looking forward to an individual thread every time they sign a player though like we used to get on RL Fans....😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SalfordSlim said:

Didn't realise Logan Tomkins had gone to the NRL and I always thought he was a little small to be playing Prop TBH!😳

I didn't realise Leigh had a quota spot free after their offloads but then again it's hard to keep up with what's going on over at the LSV.😁

Looking forward to an individual thread every time they sign a player though like we used to get on RL Fans....😉

Logan Tomkins 😂😂

To be fair, he was the best of the bunch !

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Lazy rumours because he was seen at the Grand Final and is over here. 

I’d be surprised if there was any wriggle room for a signing based on what’s spent on the cap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Lazy rumours because he was seen at the Grand Final and is over here. 

I’d be surprised if there was any wriggle room for a signing based on what’s spent on the cap. 

We can only see. My good friend from Saints knows his stuff. 

Does a Yorkshireman count on the quota ? 

Ant Walker has lots of talent and looked great the season before last when returned to the game after a few years out. Last season, he admitted to having family issues that were affecting his game.

When he's on song, no matter how overweight he is, he can be devastating at Championship level. He is capable of making yards for fun and looking for supporting players. Whether he can reproduce that impact will be revealed in the World Cup.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

We can only see. My good friend from Saints knows his stuff. 

Does a Yorkshireman count on the quota ? 

Which Yorkshireman are you suggesting Saints are interested in? Saints have cap space with Grace going (https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/there...ns-boss-60065/) but last I heard the Yorkshireman they were interested in wasn’t an option as their club weren’t willing for him to leave “at any price”.

Wouldnt be surprised if LT were back at Saints in 2024, but will be with Bulldogs next year. Similarly Walmsley won’t be going anywhere, he’s not as essential as he was a few years ago with Lees and Paasi having really stepped up, and there’s high hopes for Wingfield and Delaney in the next few years, but Walmsley is one of the drivers of Saints Culture, really well liked in the squad and just rolling off his testimonial. 

1 hour ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

Which Yorkshireman are you suggesting Saints are interested in? Saints have cap space with Grace going (https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/there...ns-boss-60065/) but last I heard the Yorkshireman they were interested in wasn’t an option as their club weren’t willing for him to leave “at any price”.

Wouldnt be surprised if LT were back at Saints in 2024, but will be with Bulldogs next year. Similarly Walmsley won’t be going anywhere, he’s not as essential as he was a few years ago with Lees and Paasi having really stepped up, and there’s high hopes for Wingfield and Delaney in the next few years, but Walmsley is one of the drivers of Saints Culture, really well liked in the squad and just rolling off his testimonial. 

Do Saints play at the LSV ?

Its a Rumour thread after all, and apparently Walmsley may be only off to Leigh should Thompson come home early. You may have misinterpreted me a little.

Speaking of Saints, will be interesting see how they go next year under Wellens. I think the competition is more wide open than the bookies say !

14 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fact that clubs havent´t signed up loads probably helps Swinton.

I reckon that nearly every club has got around 25 players already signed up.   They just haven't announced them.

• Like 4

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"