The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing whatsoever like Leigh at this stage last year, we had 5 players signed on and no coach, but that last bit the coach could be the telling factor I doubt that Sylvain Houles has either the contact book or respect that Adrian Lam has in enticing players to the club, especially those from overseas.

I don't doubt for a moment that Lam played a significant role in the recruitment of Ipape and McDonald, but as for the others, I'd paraphrase the late Caroline Aherne and ask "what attracted those Australians to come and play for the millionaire Derek Beaumont?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Wonder how that's going to work. He signed a contract extension to the end of 2023 earlier this year and I can't see any club being daft enough to take that on given how pear-shaped his season went, so are Bradford set to pay off what is presumably one of their highest earners?

I imagine he will be approaching clubs himself or come to an agreement with the Bulls as does he really want to sit a year out. Lilley and Holmes will be 1st choice HB partnership.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing whatsoever like Leigh at this stage last year, we had 5 players signed on and no coach, but that last bit the coach could be the telling factor I doubt that Sylvain Houles has either the contact book or respect that Adrian Lam has in enticing players to the club, especially those from overseas.

Yeah his reputation for playing exciting free flowing rugby & winning trophies was greatly enhanced by his time at Wigan & all those NRL players didn’t come for financial reasons whatsoever.

Edited by Davo5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

I imagine he will be approaching clubs himself or come to an agreement with the Bulls as does he really want to sit a year out. Lilley and Holmes will be 1st choice HB partnership.

With Tom Doyle gone and Sam Hallas rumoured to be off, maybe Jordan Lilley will be sharing hooker duties with George Flanagan. Myles Lawford is a terrific prospect at halfback and Geoorge Flanagan Junior is also surely good enough to play there. We just need an enforcer to protect them.

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

11 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

With Tom Doyle gone and Sam Hallas rumoured to be off, maybe Jordan Lilley will be sharing hooker duties with George Flanagan. Myles Lawford is a terrific prospect at halfback and Geoorge Flanagan Junior is also surely good enough to play there. We just need an enforcer to protect them.

Sam Hallas has signed for a club in Aus.

Curtis Davies will be replacing Thomas Doyle at hooker.

GF junior is too young to play every week.

50 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't doubt for a moment that Lam played a significant role in the recruitment of Ipape and McDonald, but as for the others, I'd paraphrase the late Caroline Aherne and ask "what attracted those Australians to come and play for the millionaire Derek Beaumont?"

They all signed for one year contracts and for not a lot of money in fact I believe Ipape's contract was not worth very much at all, he showed is worth going forward and so the club signed him up for 3 years.

But perhap's Mr Beaumont is a very good salesman and he works very well with Mr Lam, in that Mr Lam brings in the contacts and Mr Beaumont sells his club and vision to them, just a thought.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Catalans are being linked with a move for JWH,big upgrade on Napa but no let up for their disciplinary defence team.

That will go really well, will definitely not see an ageing penalty machine come to SL and have little impact other than with the disciplinary board.

47 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah his reputation for playing exciting free flowing rugby & winning trophies was greatly enhanced by his time at Wigan & all those NRL players didn’t come for financial reasons whatsoever.

Just be thankful his little black contact book took Field and French to the Piedome, only someone with a confused grey matter would deny that they were the main reason for Wigan's success last term, not Matty Peet he was a very fortunate lad in inheriting those two.

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

That will go really well, will definitely not see an ageing penalty machine come to SL and have little impact other than with the disciplinary board.

Disciplinary problems apart he’s still a really good frontrower who can have an impact on the comp especially linking up with fellow Rooster Taukeiaho.

Love him or hate him he gets people talking & there’s never a dull moment when Jared’s on the pitch.

Just now, Davo5 said:

Love him or hate him he gets people talking & there’s never a dull moment IFJared’s on the pitch.

Just changed your wording slightly to suit the likely outcome of next season.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just be thankful his little black contact book took Field and French to the Piedome, only someone with a confused grey matter would deny that they were the main reason for Wigan's success last term, not Matty Peet he was a very fortunate lad in inheriting those two.

Yeah because Wigan have no previous history of signing imports who make a significant impact on our comp.

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What has that got to do with Mr Lam taking those two to Wigan.

You keep banging on about some magic little black book Lam has & how he is the sole reason NRL players come over here to play which is comical and so out of touch with how the player market exists & what motivates a player to join a club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

You keep banging on about some magic little black book Lam has & how he is the sole reason NRL players come over here to play which is comical and so out of touch with how the player market exists & what motivates a player to join a club.

You do talk tosh at times Dav, "Lam is the sole reason NRL player's come over here", stop showing yourself up with childish remarks.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, UTK said:

John Bateman to West Tigers being reported as a done deal in Australia - 250k AUD transfer fee suggested.

Great business for Wigan, I would snatch Wests hand off if they can get that for him he is nowhere near the player he was two years ago - my opinion of course, you would think that Wests would give Wigan a wide berth though with the last two signings they brought in from them they didn't exactly set the competition alight did they.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Great business for Wigan, I would snatch Wests hand off if they can get that for him he is nowhere near the player he was two years ago - my opinion of course, you would think that Wests would give Wigan a wide berth though with the last two signings they brought in from them they didn't exactly set the competition alight did they.

Hastings has done okay - Gildart wasn't up to much but then that didn't particularly shock anyone. It's good business all round to be honest - Wigan get a fee that they can add towards his cap space and bring in a marquee player, Wests do desperately need a player like Bateman for his defensive work if nothing else and Bateman himself - his daughter is a teenager now and i'm sure it'll be easier to get her out to Aus more than a few years ago and it keeps his Aus missus happy seen as they now have a baby, she'll get to see more of her family.

14 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Steve Crossley saying he's playing next season even though we knew that. Think he was leaving space before he announced he's signed for Keighley.

I admire your persistence - and humour!

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

They all signed for one year contracts and for not a lot of money in fact I believe Ipape's contract was not worth very much at all, he showed is worth going forward and so the club signed him up for 3 years.

But perhap's Mr Beaumont is a very good salesman and he works very well with Mr Lam, in that Mr Lam brings in the contacts and Mr Beaumont sells his club and vision to them, just a thought.

Exactly what does the great marketing expert pay The Director of Rugby,Mr Chester for? I thought Chester and Lam ran the rugby side of things and the Marketing Expert fooled journalists and Marketing Experts.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.