The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

3 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

How on earth can you describe  player of Tee's class as a stop gap? 

Unbelievable 

Ritson is better than any of the mentioned Wingers in this thread. A pure thoroughbred and great player.

Saints will want him, no doubt about that !

1 hour ago, FearTheVee said:

Excited to see how Ritson gets on - we’ve done some great business from the chanpionship over recent years (Bentley, Batchelor, Walmsley) and here’s hoping he’s another one.

The last winger we signed from Barrow didn’t do too badly.

Is Ade still at the club, will be a big help for Tee if he is. This loan deal is as much for Tee as it is Saints, its a big leap for anyone to go full time at that level.

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Excited to see how Ritson gets on - we’ve done some great business from the chanpionship over recent years (Bentley, Batchelor, Walmsley) and here’s hoping he’s another one.

The last winger we signed from Barrow didn’t do too badly.

The one before that didn’t do to badly either.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jughead said:

Option to purchase at the end. Most seem to think it’s a stop gap to Lewis Murphy or Tom Davies in 2024. 

Not sure thats how Saints see it as him being a stop gap. Makinson is 31 now so trying to sign someone like Murphy will probably be their longer term strategy as his replacement.

This deal is a great bit of business by Saints. It gives them the cover they need on the wings and the opportunity for Ritson to see if he can play at SL level. If it works out they have the option to sign him permanently, if it doesn't then he just goes back to Barrow.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The one before that didn’t do to badly either.

Presume you mean Les Quirk ? I remember when he left Saints thinking he must have been gutted that he fell just short of scoring 100 try's for the club

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Presume you mean Les Quirk ? I remember when he left Saints thinking he must have been gutted that he fell just short of scoring 100 try's for the club

Ade Gardner

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Crikey. Quite the downgrade for TO. Surely there's a few guns in Elite 1 that would do a better job.

There have been a few interviews with Houles floating around lately where he has made a lot of wanting to recruit French players because IMG have indicated they will have a minimum quota for French teams in SL at some stage, but I can't help thinking he's making a virtue out of necessity. They wanted Thomas Lacans (as did Catalans) and there have been a few other players who you might have expected to be Toulouse targets who have ended up either in England or in Elite 1.

There has been a bit of speculation on the French RL forums that Toulouse are keeping their spending low this year because they think they will get an A grade by IMG, I think this forum will be a lively place if that happens!

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There has been a bit of speculation on the French RL forums that Toulouse are keeping their spending low this year beacuse they think they will get an A grade by IMG, I think this forum will be a lively place if that happens!

So that could mean that Fev wins this years Championship but are not valued better than an 'B' Grade, and If Toulouse do get the 'A' they will secure the SL spot, if that happened and I was a Fev supporter I would be turning  my back on the pro game, it would be NCL for my RL fix

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So that could mean that Fev wins this years Championship but are not valued better than an 'B' Grade, and If Toulouse do get the 'A' they will secure the SL spot, if that happened and I was a Fev supporter I would be turning  my back on the pro game, it would be NCL for my RL fix

Yes, although those gradings won't be made until 2024 for the 2025 season. So whoever wins the Championship next year goes up.

The devil is going to be in the detail in terms of what the criteria are. But that's a different topic.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well no, because if Fev won the Championship as a cat B club, they would replace the lowest cat B club in Super League. Toulouse being cat A would be irrelevant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Well no, because if Fev won the Championship as a cat B club, they would replace the lowest cat B club in Super League. Toulouse being cat A would be irrelevant. 

Has that been confirmed? I thought they'd said that if a Cat B club finished bottom, then they would be relegated. Not seen anything about the scenario where a Cat A club finishes bottom? 

29 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

So in that respect what they really need is more than the two gradings A and B, this is something I said a while ago there is no sense whatsoever in having different levels of any particular grade, have say 5 grades then each club will know what they have to do to attain the next level, just supposing in your scenario Fev are a Cat B and win the Championship  Leigh who finish 11th are also Cat B but then say Wakefield finish Bottom are also a Cat B who have a greater B rating than Leigh, but Leigh and Fev are level scores, this system is set up to too much manipulation just as the last gradings were.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So in that respect what they really need is more than the two gradings A and B, this is something I said a while ago there is no sense whatsoever in having different levels of any particular grade, have say 5 grades then each club will know what they have to do to attain the next level, just supposing in your scenario Fev are a Cat B and win the Championship  Leigh who finish 11th are also Cat B but then say Wakefield finish Bottom are also a Cat B who have a greater B rating than Leigh, but Leigh and Fev are level scores, this system is set up to too much manipulation just as the last gradings were.

Fev promoted, Wakefield relegated.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Make your mind up Gav, in your previous post you said the lowest B rated in the example I gave albeit Wakefield finish bottom they have a higher B rating than Leigh.

It's quite clear Harry. If a cat B team finishes bottom of Super League, they will be replaced by the winners of the Championship. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

It's quite clear Harry. If a cat B team finishes bottom of Super League, they will be replaced by the winners of the Championship. 

So then different grades of 'B' don't come into play then which is not what you said here.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

57 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The sooner we lock Toulouse in the better and we can get rid of the farce of part time teams flying in to Toulouse and build up French team where if the World Cup has shown anything it is that internationals are the future growth market. 

I still think Toulouse will be competitive for playoffs but maybe giving Fev their best chance to go up in donkeys. 

So I guess getting into the playoffs is a real opportunity this year with no one expecting a foregone conclusion. 

Apart from the often used word 'potential' I can't see how Toulouse can get an A, this time last year you were playing the same cards in the direction of Newcastle and York, are they not your flavour of the month this time, how about giving London an A they have had the potential tag for years and years and thinking about it so has Bradford.