The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

No mention of Patton on the Toulouse Olympique website, but if he is going there, maybe to soon yet for an announcement.

Joe Bretherton is staying at TO XIII for what will be his fifth or sixth season there.

There will be news very soon, but I've not heard his name mentioned. Joe is recovering from an ankle op so it will be a while before he starts any pre-season

35 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Hellewell (not SL standard) to Salford, Taylor (who is SL standard) to Fev, very strange one that.

YOU say that D but Salford say 

Head Coach, Paul Rowley “I’m really pleased to welcome Ben to Salford. Having joined us for a month earlier this year, Ben’s durability and versatility proved invaluable. He’s a player who massively impressed us during his two-week loan spell in 2022 and will bring not just quality to the back-row, but an incredible work ethic 

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Hellewell (not SL standard) to Salford, Taylor (who is SL standard) to Fev, very strange one that.

Where are Salford with their quota players? Would make more sense if they are keen to free a spot for another overseas player - Hellewell would be a downgrade on direct ability comparisons but is versatile, younger and (presumably) relatively cheap.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Where are Salford with their quota players? Would make more sense if they are keen to free a spot for another overseas player - Hellewell would be a downgrade on direct ability comparisons but is versatile, younger and (presumably) relatively cheap.

We have none left unless we get Sita to leave. Hellewell is a strange one for me as we’ve a lot or sr and centres s Who’d be ahead of him. But he’s a solid depth and player. On ET he’s been great for Salford but really looks like he’s on his last legs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Hall gone to Doncaster.

Pity, I really like him as a player.

I do see what you mean, seems a good lad with a great attitude but when you consider he couldn't really nail down a starting spot for a decent Batley side, ended up nowhere near one of our worst sides ever and has ultimately dropped down a league to Doncaster it probably tells us that he wasn't quite good enough  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Hall gone to Doncaster.

Pity, I really like him as a player.

Dons obviously getting frustrated with their promotion near misses. They've signed Brad Knowles too.

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

16 hours ago, OdsalBull said:

I do see what you mean, seems a good lad with a great attitude but when you consider he couldn't really nail down a starting spot for a decent Batley side, ended up nowhere near one of our worst sides ever and has ultimately dropped down a league to Doncaster it probably tells us that he wasn't quite good enough  

But what did he do wrong in any games for us.

• Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 12/11/2022 at 14:07, The Phantom Horseman said:

The last 2 words are the important ones.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 14:10, OdsalBull said:

Either that or he got it wrong in the first place and is now back tracking. There is money to spend on a 9 as Doyle has left I doubt they are not going to sign a hooker just because Patton is still on the books

A Shaw back track and then takes a shot at the club in order to cover his own back.  He lack of proffesionism when it comes to Bradford is nothing short of embarrassing. 

We have let 17 senior players go from last year and only brought in 9 player so far.  3 of which are lads 20 and under (2 only on loan) another player who will be in the reserves, and another who was already with us last year anyway.  To suggest there is no money for any new signings is utter ridiculous. 

Edited by Ragingbull

37 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

A Shaw back track and then takes a shot at the club in order to cover his own back.  He lack of proffesionism when it comes to Bradford is nothing short of embarrassing. 

We have let 17 senior players go from last year and only brought in 9 player so far.  3 of which are lads 20 and under (2 only on loan) another player who will be in the reserves, and another who was already with us last year anyway.  To suggest there is no money for any new signings is utter ridiculous. 

Couldn't agree more, his agenda is bordering on embarrasing 

8 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

But what did he do wrong in any games for us.

Not an awful lot but he didn't pull up any trees either. You would have to say Walker if we can keep him fit will be one of the better full backs in the league and a young lad with lots of potential in flannagan Jnr as back up, so to have Hall as 3rd choice is a waste of a wage IMO 

Seen an article today mentioning Luke Gale, Brad Takairangi, Caleb Aekins, Matty Russel and Samisoni Langi are still without a club. Has anyone heard any whispers? I did hear Takairangi was to join Hull FC but that was months agao before they had Smith in charge so things may have changed.

I did also think that there would an influx of signings off the back of the world cup from PNG, Fiji, Lebanon etc, but there seems to be very little movement at the moment. Granted there's still plenty of time before the season starts.

25 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Seen an article today mentioning Luke Gale, Brad Takairangi, Caleb Aekins, Matty Russel and Samisoni Langi are still without a club. Has anyone heard any whispers? I did hear Takairangi was to join Hull FC but that was months agao before they had Smith in charge so things may have changed.

I did also think that there would an influx of signings off the back of the world cup from PNG, Fiji, Lebanon etc, but there seems to be very little movement at the moment. Granted there's still plenty of time before the season starts.

Should the Drinkwater to Warrington and MacDonald to Leeds deals get confirmed then there will only be two clubs with any quota spots available i think, Wakefield and Catalan who will both have two places free. Also a lot of clubs sound to be pretty much up to the cap limit. That will seriously limit and future moves. 

3 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Hes the ying to Gledhills Wang....

Was going to say something similar regarding quota spaces. Saints were linked with a PNG winger (as were a couple of other Super League clubs) and Josh Mansour but that would have meant losing a quota player, as they are at the max. The player rumoured to leave was James Bell to Salford, Toulouse or Featherstone but that went quiet when Tee Ritson was signed. 

1 hour ago, Indigogo said:

Seen an article today mentioning Luke Gale,  still without a club. Has anyone heard any whispers? 

A rumour going around on a couple of other forums that Gale has given himself a price tag that is too high and he refuses to accept a Championship contract. 

1 hour ago, Indigogo said:

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Was going to say something similar regarding quota spaces. Saints were linked with a PNG winger (as were a couple of other Super League clubs) and Josh Mansour but that would have meant losing a quota player, as they are at the max. The player rumoured to leave was James Bell to Salford, Toulouse or Featherstone but that went quiet when Tee Ritson was signed. 

Saints won't be signing anyone on that OOC List, Wellens has pretty much said their recruitment is all but done now, however he also hinted that they aren't yet fully up to their cap limit. There's also be rumours for weeks now that Saints are trying to bring Thompson back from the NRL which would then see Bell leaving.

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

A rumour going around on a couple of other forums that Gale has given himself a price tag that is too high and he refuses to accept a Championship contract. 

There aren't many clubs Gale could join and actually get game time. What are these other forums, would you mind sharing?