The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I knew he was staying in France, I was still hoping that TO had managed to persuade him to sign

Plenty of big names in Elite 1 next year which will hopefully improve the comp & give attendance’s a boost,but yeah he’d have been a good addition for Toulouse.

4 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

The problem being the structure of the academy system means only certain teams have true academy teams and the reality is the amateur game, certainly in Yorkshire, needs a lot of work.

Yep, not an easy task, but should be the focus for the long term future of the game. Too many years of letting both go to rot is now having a detrimental affect across the board. Yet we're still focusing on quick short term marketing fixes

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I’ll reserve judgment but I wouldn’t be so sure……….he looks done to me this last season

The advantage of Championship then. Part time, one fewer training sessions per week can maintain a year or two to a  good career standard. 

27 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Thought this was another insult that had fallen foul of the swearing filter for a moment....😀

I might be wrong but this smacks of a team that's become desperate for a half back.

TO at least have a half back now.

They need another plus a couple of forwards...at least. I know of one forward who is about to sign, but, you know, commentators curse and all that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As an aside, both Shorrocks and Mitch Clark were announced as having been retained by Newcastle in the last 2 or 3 weeks and now both have left to play in France. Its difficult to see anything other than a major struggle for Newcastle next season.

Definitely agree Newcastle are in for a tough season but losing Mitch Clark isn't much of a blow, he's an absolute waste of space and barring a handful of promising games when he first broke through, he's been shocking at every club he's played for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As an aside, both Shorrocks and Mitch Clark were announced as having been retained by Newcastle in the last 2 or 3 weeks and now both have left to play in France. Its difficult to see anything other than a major struggle for Newcastle next season.

Haven't seen anything on Clark yet, where's he rumoured to be off?

Think most of us are fairly realistic about what to expect this season. However I think what people will see is a Newcastle team that plays for the badge and the area. Chris Thorman will have that drilled into everyone. Really want to see Kingston Park as a tough place to come to.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Championship looks really tough if you want a reset year. Keighley are going to be going for playoffs and Swinton won´t be as far off the pace as workington . So I don´t have Keighley going down, Whitehaven plus one maybe? Bulls starting fixtures look brutal after first game. 

Swinton just announced DR with saints so we will see how that goes 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

2 hours ago, Phil W said:

Think most of us are fairly realistic about what to expect this season. However I think what people will see is a Newcastle team that plays for the badge and the area. Chris Thorman will have that drilled into everyone. Really want to see Kingston Park as a tough place to come to.

Is this the same Chris Thorman who tried to compete in the Championship last year with no big forwards  & won one game.

On 18/11/2022 at 19:23, Phil W said:

On 18/11/2022 at 21:48, Davo5 said:

Is this the same Chris Thorman who tried to compete in the Championship last year with no big forwards  & won one game.

Also didn't he only win 1 game with York and were relegated to L1 some years back? 

On 18/11/2022 at 21:27, Mark said:

Swinton just announced DR with saints so we will see how that goes 

Rochdale Hornets DR with Widnes too.  ‘’All Widnes players registered with Hornets making them eligible to play and train for either side. Up to five of John Kear’s players in each of his (Gary Thornton’s) matchday squads, if required.”  Pre-season friendly with Widnes too, 15 Jan 3pm.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Rochdale Hornets DR with Widnes too.  ‘’All Widnes players registered with Hornets making them eligible to play and train for either side. Up to five of John Kear’s players in each of his (Gary Thornton’s) matchday squads, if required.”  Pre-season friendly with Widnes too, 15 Jan 3pm.

Doubt it...

image.png.d4fc9d46cf7f4ec14cb7c83169dac515.png