The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Fusitua was great when on the pitch, he’s not lacking effort but is lacking gametime because of injury.

Your idea of great is different to mine then I'd say French who played wing when back from injury was great,I hope Fusitua proves me wrong and tears it up next season. 

Reports in Sydney that Wakefield have signed former Bulldogs forward Renouf Atoni on a 1 yr deal.

Atoni moved to the Roosters last season but failed to register a first grade appearance & the club have released him from his contract to take up Wakefield’s offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Reports in Sydney that Wakefield have signed former Bulldogs forward Renouf Atoni on a 1 yr deal.

Atoni moved to the Roosters last season but failed to register a first grade appearance & the club have released him from his contract to take up Wakefield’s offer.

Decent signing, big unit, only 27, 40 NRL games, plenty to prove. What's not to like.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Decent signing, big unit, only 27, 40 NRL games, plenty to prove. What's not to like.

Struggled with injuries last season but hopefully for you he’s over them and as we’ve seen it’s often the unheralded imports that have a big impact.

13 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Your idea of great is different to mine then I'd say French who played wing when back from injury was great,I hope Fusitua proves me wrong and tears it up next season. 

Is that really the threshold? Unless you outperform French you can't have a good season?

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Decent signing and probably the sort of place SL clubs will actually find value.

49 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Defensively he's limited, poor tackler. Lots to like with the ball though.

19 hours ago, Davo5 said:

He’s still a solid fullback especially defensively but lacks the pace these days to be an effective top level winger.
Not being able to retain Aekins with his pace & link play leaves a big hole in that back line.

He was a big part of Leeds getting so far last year. Think a lot of people assumed he was past it but I think he'll be fantastic at the Leapords 

40 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Struggled with injuries last season but hopefully for you he’s over them and as we’ve seen it’s often the unheralded imports that have a big impact.

Similar to the David Fifita we brought over way back, and he turned out OK.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah I've looked into that and TBH he's hardly struggled, bit of press overkill IMHO. Only real injury was a MCL strain that kept him out for 10 weeks, still managed 12 games for Norths, which is not far off SL standard. So I'm not too worried about that.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

22 hours ago, Davo5 said:

You’d think at 33 & coming back from serious injury Aekins will be the starting fullback.

I would imagine Hankinson would be on kicking duties anyway as he has a better success % than Killer

7 hours ago, V02 said:

Is that really the threshold? Unless you outperform French you can't have a good season?

Decent signing and probably the sort of place SL clubs will actually find value.

Defensively he's limited, poor tackler. Lots to like with the ball though.

Wingers are paid to score trys whats his strike rate? Compared to other wingers,its not great or even good another big name signing not performing to his potential at Leeds.

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

*to Leeds 😉

Good solid signing for the Rhinos, compliments a strong backline.

D'oh! Edited.

Hopefully for Leeds, he plays like he did in the first half of last season, up to and including the 1895 cup final. His form dropped off a bit after that. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tippytoe said:

Wingers are paid to score trys whats his strike rate? Compared to other wingers,its not great or even good another big name signing not performing to his potential at Leeds.

That isn't all wingers are paid to do and is also pretty context dependent. Were you part of the Greg Eden for England campaign?

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

*to Leeds 😉

Good solid signing for the Rhinos, compliments a strong backline.

Nene is a winger, his positioning and defence is not that of a quality SL centre. Think we regretted signing him up early in the season and using a quota spot imo

Hope he does well at Leeds as he is also a nice lad with time for the fans, but not unhappy he was the spare one who left.

Good to see the club digging in for something and being prepared to loan him if not, also gives an early RL fix

Edited by sweaty craiq

1 hour ago, V02 said:

That isn't all wingers are paid to do and is also pretty context dependent. Were you part of the Greg Eden for England campaign?

You have a much higher RL iq than me so I'll bow to your superior knowledge, and I'm sorry my context doesn't align with yours.