The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

On 26/11/2022 at 15:48, Harry Stottle said:

Well there is only one wing spot available barring injuries, and it is good to have competition for it, but watching both Charnley and seeing Briscoe performing  for Leeds in the latter end of the season, I would say Charnley has some catching up to do just to be considered for a start.

Looks like both might be starting round 1... 

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Nene is a winger, his positioning and defence is not that of a quality SL centre. Think we regretted signing him up early in the season and using a quota spot imo

Hope he does well at Leeds as he is also a nice lad with time for the fans, but not unhappy he was the spare one who left.

Good to see the club digging in for something and being prepared to loan him if not, also gives an early RL fix

Looks like you could do with another winger now!

• Haha 1

Leigh Leopards’ ace Blake Ferguson will return to Australia on compassionate grounds. Rugby League Live understands the former Australia international is due to return down under.

Ferguson, who joined Leigh midway through the year to aid their quest to reach Super League, proved a valuable asset as he scored an impressive 21 tries in 17 matches, aiding them to 1895 Cup and Million Pound Game glory. However, he is now set to return home in what is a considerable blow for Adrian Lam and his squad as they prepare for their Super League return. Leigh have yet to comment on the matter.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/blake-ferguson-leigh-leopards-rugby-25654079

Ferguson is a massive loss, for his work at both ends of the pitch. He did a lot of the forwards’ work in our own half, and was able to convert half chances. 

Gone from having too many overseas players to having a spot free in the space of about 3 hours! 

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Nene is a winger, his positioning and defence is not that of a quality SL centre. Think we regretted signing him up early in the season and using a quota spot imo

Hope he does well at Leeds as he is also a nice lad with time for the fans, but not unhappy he was the spare one who left.

Good to see the club digging in for something and being prepared to loan him if not, also gives an early RL fix

If Nene is a winger then that will be 2 wingers filling in at center with Olpherts being mooted to be the other so potentially 4 wingers on field at once.

19 hours ago, phiggins said:

Still need a prop more than we need a winger, even after today’s departures 

Unless it's a really top winger they bring in from NRL, I'd agree with that. Use the quota space beefing up the pack. I'd happily take someone Kyle Evans as a non quota spot to keep numbers up on the flanks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Unless it's a really top winger they bring in from NRL, I'd agree with that. Use the quota space beefing up the pack. I'd happily take someone Kyle Evans as a non quota spot to keep numbers up on the flanks.

No what you want is a more experienced guy, one that Chris Chester has actually signed before. That man is Tom Lineham. He could make a BIG difference for you. Sign him. Please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6