The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

47 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

No not Huddersfield, more like "well it´s hard for Giants to talk to their fans about investing in future if that future is playing in the NRL with barely two full seasons for them, whilst Salford can pocket the cash and be just as successful . " I have a pop at giants for many things (well one thing, their awful stadium) but you cant knock them for this. 

You love to have a sly dig at Salford though don't you?😁 Come on, which Salford player biffed your missus?😏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Back to transfer rumours...James Cunningham has said on SM that he has left TO due to family issues. Trying to work out if any top-end Championship clubs or low-end SL clubs need a hooker, but struggling to think of many.

Shame he decided to tell everyone via SM rather than let the club know first 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Back to transfer rumours...James Cunningham has said on SM that he has left TO due to family issues. Trying to work out if any top-end Championship clubs or low-end SL clubs need a hooker, but struggling to think of many.

Whoever fancies playing Championship rugby in 2024. 

2022 - Toulouse

2020 - Toronto

2019 - London. 

The reverse Midas touch, if you will. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Whoever fancies playing Championship rugby in 2024. 

2022 - Toulouse

2020 - Toronto

2019 - London. 

The reverse Midas touch, if you will. 

Toulouse must have been even more gutted they lost Andrew Dixon then. The last 3 teams he played for (Leigh, Toronto and Toulouse) all got promoted from the Championship when he was there.

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Pretty sure the minimum NRL contract for a player named in a clubs top 30 now stands at $120k,hardly peanuts.

Expected to increase to $150k effective 2023 once the NRL collective bargaining agreement gets signed off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phiggins said:

Thought it was an experienced prop that we needed, to replace Sidlow.

Isn't Sidlow a big middle?

That is why I said he is an acquisition that could go either way, signing a young lad without the expierence is a gamble but if he does the buisness then it would prove worth taking, there must be a good reason the Roosters want him back after 12 months that is why I was curios where the recommendation has come from.

10 hours ago, AB90 said:

Expected to increase to $150k effective 2023 once the NRL collective bargaining agreement gets signed off.

That's roundabout £83 k in real money incidentally the women's game will have a minimum salary of $30k/£17 k

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Considerably higher than RFU Prem now, we aren’t losing any English lads to union ever again I don’t think. 

That's the most important thing for me. I'm not too bothered about English lads going to NRL as it's only going to improve England's international chances. I'm probably in a minority here but I'd quite happily see as many European players in NRL as there are quota players here. It's up to the clubs over here to work on expanding the player pool to accommodate that so that the number of full time European players goes up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Isn't Sidlow a big middle?

That is why I said he is an acquisition that could go either way, signing a young lad without the expierence is a gamble but if he does the buisness then it would prove worth taking, there must be a good reason the Roosters want him back after 12 months that is why I was curios where the recommendation has come from.

He’s a big middle with hundreds of first team appearances to his name.

As you say, this guy could be great, could struggle. Likelihood is he’ll be inconsistent while he’s still learning. We have Wilde and Jones (who couldn’t get a game while we had an extra back on the bench last season) as young backup props. Think we need to bring in a first choice prop to start alongside Amone. 

On 05/12/2022 at 18:55, ShropshireBull said:

Not sly, it´s pretty open. Salford have no full time academy and take all the SL money. But even Salford, touch wood, are getting hold of stadium to improve or they won´t and will be shuffled out. 

Let’s have a bit of truth here, Salford applied to have a CAT A license including the finding that other clubs get to run one only to be told no. 

Salford have therefore had no alternative but to run a development Academy which is producing players, Luis Roberts who had just signed for Leeds is a product of this, Salford also had 7 debutants in the game against Warrington last season all from their Academy and reserves side. Worth noting that they pushed pretty much a full strength Warrington very close. 

the only person responsible for Salford no longer having a full time Academy is the former owner who took it upon himself to abolish it! Releasing the likes of Tyler Dupree. The current board are trying to grow the pipeline in f players and hopefully we will be able to have that license in the coming years 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, phiggins said:

As you say, this guy could be great, could struggle. Likelihood is he’ll be inconsistent while he’s still learning. We have Wilde and Jones (who couldn’t get a game while we had an extra back on the bench last season) as young backup props. Think we need to bring in a first choice prop to start alongside Amone. 

That would be great, but is there many/any about out of contract? A player who is 'first choice' has earned that distinction and being first choice are very rarely available they are wanted and already contracted, especially 2 months prior to the season starting, none of the player's we signed last season were 'first choice' anywhere!

17 hours ago, phiggins said:

We've also got Jacob Gannon who is a prop. I wouldn't be surprised if Oli Holmes plays some games at prop too.

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Well Newcastle releasing 14 players apparently. See them at your club soon..  

Many of those announced today were known about already. Think they've currently got 14 players signed for '23. Can't see anything but a struggle to avoid relegation next year.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Many of those announced today were known about already. Think they've currently got 14 players signed for '23. Can't see anything but a struggle to avoid relegation next year.

Think they'll stay up tbh. The two I'd have are second rowers. It's actually the Bulls strongest area at the moment.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

21 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Think they've currently got 14 players signed for '23. 

They'll have more than that.   There's no obligation on them to announce signings until they're good and ready.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 05/12/2022 at 14:24, ShropshireBull said:

True but 30k in Wigan is probably the same if not better than 60k in London. So I imagine the lads aren´t going over there for lowest contracts, it will be a good wedge. 

Edit: Actually average house price in London now 750,000 pounds and in Wigan it is 170k (4.4x difference) so 30k in Wigan you would need 120k in London plus extra taxes so probably 140-150. Which is why London is basically doomed as place for RL now. 

Where on earth is average house price £750k in London? 3 bed house £375k

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Where on earth is average house price £750k in London? 3 bed house £375k

I have no idea where youre buying a three bed house in the capital but if it exists then they won’t be around for long (or shouldn’t really be considered fit for human inhabitation).

The average property price in London is £544k as of June 2022 (the last confirmed statistics as far as I can see). You can see the break down by borough here; https://www.statista.com/statistics/1029250/average-house-prices-in-london-united-kingdom-by-borough/

I can’t find a way to be specific but if you were to tweak the parameters to say remove flats, then yes, the average across London is going to be above 544k and likely above the quoted 750k too I imagine. 

9 hours ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

I have no idea where youre buying a three bed house in the capital but if it exists then they won’t be around for long (or shouldn’t really be considered fit for human inhabitation).

The average property price in London is £544k as of June 2022 (the last confirmed statistics as far as I can see). You can see the break down by borough here; https://www.statista.com/statistics/1029250/average-house-prices-in-london-united-kingdom-by-borough/

I can’t find a way to be specific but if you were to tweak the parameters to say remove flats, then yes, the average across London is going to be above 544k and likely above the quoted 750k too I imagine. 

And those are low prices for London in areas that most do not want to live in, housing costs in London and the South are horrendous both buying and renting and the rental rules in the UK are medieval compared to the rest of Europe.

I was browsing the comments section of the torygraph the other day, there was a thread that had all the landlords moaning and groaning about their investment properties some of the comments were disgraceful straight out of the school of rackman:(

Paul

• Like 2