The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not a rumour as announced by the club but Fev have signed PNG forward Mackenzie Yei.

You will come round to my way of thinking eventually re Fevs prospects this season Phantom.

Back in '78 in casual conversation prior to the season I just happened to say in the pub as a figure of speech 'I bet Hull FC go unbeaten in the league this season', immediately one of the guy's said "OK a fiver" my heart sank that was more than my spending money for a week back then and I couldn't back down, with a week to go in the season he paid me saying what ever happens you deserve it! But as we know Hull did remain unbeaten in the league.

I am not going say the same this time but I think Fev can emulate this season that Hull FC performance from back then.

It would be interesting to see what odds the bookies would give though, better I suspect than my evens bet back then, could be worth a fiver!

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You will come round to my way of thinking eventually re Fevs prospects this season Phantom.

Oh I am excited about the season, just realistic and not one to go gung-ho about our prospects. We were outplayed by Batley in our final game last season and rarely looked totally convincing despite finishing second in the regular season, yes there's the potential for us to be top dogs this season but a lot has to come together under a new coaching set-up for that to come to fruition.

As for predicting unbeaten seasons, we all remember what happened in week 1, Batley v Leigh, the year Degsy predicted an unbeaten year for Leigh!

• Like 1

Luke Gale seems a little strange, given how well Keighley's half backs played last season. Not saying that it won't work out for them, but I'd have thought that their money would have been better spent in other areas. As a Fev fan, I am happy that we have brought in a few younger players, and seem to have massively revamped our pack. Anyway it should be a great Championship season, with some decent teams.

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Luke Gale seems a little strange, given how well Keighley's half backs played last season. Not saying that it won't work out for them, but I'd have thought that their money would have been better spent in other areas. As a Fev fan, I am happy that we have brought in a few younger players, and seem to have massively revamped our pack. Anyway it should be a great Championship season, with some decent teams.

This is a great point. Will be interesting to see what Rhys does. We did need cover in the halves with Muzza retiring but couldn't see Miller or Chizzy being replaced so not sure how it'll play out 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, The Electric Gentleman said:

Giants signing for 2024 to be announced today ? one of the brightest young talents in the championship and long term replacement for Will Pryce

Given he's already on loan in the Championship, doesn't that description exactly match Aidan McGowan, who's already under contract for the next 2 years?

Can't think of many obvious "young talent" candidates to be Pryce's replacement (at full back or half back?) amongst the Championship ranks.

57 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

Gutted about that one, the sooner we can get in a position that huddersfield stop raiding the academy the better but can't see it anytime soon unfortunately

On the plus side, at least it stops Watson coming back to Salford for more of his ex-players.😁

1 hour ago, Rockingchair said:

Why is everyone playing at Bradford suddenly rated as world beaters ? Is Nigel paying the press to exaggerate things to get the fans back , everyone else in the league might as well not bother according to the journalist, doing my turnip in .

Because we still have a good academy if that's your point.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

34 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

He didn´t let him go, Giants offered a longer deal probably on more cash. Until Bulls are back (if ever) this is the reality. It´s why Widnes knocked their academy on the head. They were effectively subsidising SL clubs. 

That’s literally not true on why Widnes ceased their academy. 

• Like 1

Flanangan Jr is a risk for Huddersfield.

He made his debut against London and scored a try, but he had a mare against Barrow the following week and was promptly dropped. He played once more before the end of the season - and that's the sum total of his Championship experience.

I'm not saying he won't develop into a world beater - but it's a gamble on someone who did quite well in our Academy. We'll know better if he plays more games for us this season, which he won't unless Jack Walker gets injured (which, to be fair, isn't exactly unlikely)

2 hours ago, OdsalBull said:

Just to add to this, does he really think letting the world beaters go is going to get he fans back on side? Like he said himself, turnip...

I don’t think Flanagan jr is a world beater, I don’t think you’re signings are as good as what the press are making out , seems to be some kind of weird Bradford love and I don’t get it , going from 9th to challenging for promotion seems a bit of a stretch regardless of a clear out . Cabbage.