The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Get some Fiery Jack lineament rubbed in,he’ll be reet.

Oh man, horrible stuff. My first ever game for DPR at Wath Brow I had that slapped on, had little effect in the horizontal sleet though....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

As this is the rumor thread looks like theres a rumor that our intrepid Bradford fanboy reporter has been stealing ideas from the SARL reporter. I really can't do with either and don't like that style of "journalism" but I made for a funny read on Twitter.

It's a bit sad too, though isn't it? Until a couple of years ago most big RL transfer news stories were broken in League Express. If you'd said then that they'd quickly become engaged in a race-to-the-bottom with SARL nobody would have believed it.

Trouble is they know the more daft stuff they churn out, the more we're going to talk about it, they know what they're doing (and no I'm not linking to SARL's latest incisive piece, promoted by the tweet "Are Bradford the favourites for SL promotion").

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's a bit sad too, though isn't it? Until a couple of years ago most big RL transfer news stories were broken in League Express. If you'd said then that they'd quickly become engaged in a race-to-the-bottom with SARL nobody would have believed it.

Trouble is they know the more daft stuff they churn out, the more we're going to talk about it, they know what they're doing (and no I'm not linking to SARL's latest incisive piece, promoted by the tweet "Are Bradford the favourites for SL promotion").

League Express and SARL are pretty much one and the same now, they share writing staff. LE hasn't been the same since Shaw, Bower et al all left for Reach

17 hours ago, dkw said:

Yeah, Sean Sabutey. Though he has Ghanaian and Irish heritage apparently, aiming for the Irish squad.

Ghana have a more important year ahead - he needs to focus on them getting past Lebanon, South Africa and Nigeria for World Cup qualification. 

His choice though. 

On 07/01/2023 at 11:37, The Phantom Horseman said:

Seems to me that most transfers are pre-empted by the players' agents via social media

2 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Seems to me that most transfers are pre-empted by the players' agents via social media

A lot are, though to me it seems fewer have been pre-empted in recent months.

At Fev for instance, of the 9 new signings, I think only one was "broken" by the "media". That was Kyle Evans on New Year's Day, when Fev stated on their SM channels at 12.48pm that they would announce a new signing at 2pm, but Mick Gledhill, who runs a weekly podcast with the SMTMUK team (who I think are Evans' agents), broke the news on Twitter at 1.11pm.

Generally though I agree if you mean those signings are pre-empted via journalists, as it seems logical that agents are the source of most of their info.

30 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The rumoured signing of Andrew Bulman for Barrow has been confirmed this morning, 19 days after Whitehaven announced via their Facebook page that he had "asked for a release from his contract as he had fallen out of love with rugby and wanted to pursue opportunities away from the game" 🤔

They put out a statement saying there was problems with paying players. Joining the dots he was probably able to leave after a breach of the terms of the contract (ie not being paid) but they don't want to shout that from the rooftops so came up with the opportunities away from the game story to try and save face.

• Like 2