The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

The latest piece of genius reporting..........

"BRADFORD BULLS appear ready to bring in five new recruits following the release of the West Yorkshire club’s squad numbers last night.

There were no numbers 23, 24 ,27, 28 and 29, hinting at further recruitment for Bradford going into one of the most important seasons for the club in their most recent history."

On another note I hear Fax are also ready to bring in 5 more players following the announcement of their squad numbers the other day.

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The latest piece of genius reporting..........

"BRADFORD BULLS appear ready to bring in five new recruits following the release of the West Yorkshire club’s squad numbers last night.

There were no numbers 23, 24 ,27, 28 and 29, hinting at further recruitment for Bradford going into one of the most important seasons for the club in their most recent history."

On another note I hear Fax are also ready to bring in 5 more players following the announcement of their squad numbers the other day.

Well… 23&24 are possibles I suppose. Generally the numbers above 25 are given to academy players who make the step up

On 10/01/2023 at 11:38, The Phantom Horseman said:

The rumoured signing of Andrew Bulman for Barrow has been confirmed this morning, 19 days after Whitehaven announced via their Facebook page that he had "asked for a release from his contract as he had fallen out of love with rugby and wanted to pursue opportunities away from the game" 🤔

Bradford are missing a trick here. He could do double duty

• Haha 3

I see Barrow have signed Saints teenage half-back Ellis Archer. He still lives in Barrow and was commuting to Saints nearly every day so probably a good move for the lad to drop down a division in order get more regular 1st team rugby and not have the long daily commute. Seen him a few times and the lad has shown a lot of promise, think he'll go well at Barrow.

Been told that part of the deal to release him from his contract Saints have a "First option signing" for him if he ever decides to go full time Pro with a SL club in the future.

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Go on Rob. Nice signing for Hunslet. Some great memories of him at Fax.

Jeez he's got to be getting on a bit now hasn't he?!👴 Sure I remember him playing at the Willows many moons ago!🤔 Is his brother still playing? Can't remember his first name but think he played at the Bulls.

4 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Jeez he's got to be getting on a bit now hasn't he?!👴 Sure I remember him playing at the Willows many moons ago!🤔 Is his brother still playing? Can't remember his first name but think he played at the Bulls.

Michael. Was pants tbh. Had a world's away at Saints which we won and is still the only game I didn't go to cos I'd thought we'd lose.🙄

• Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

9 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

He'll turn 38 during the coming season.

• Thanks 1

On 10/01/2023 at 10:38, sweaty craiq said:

Have Leigh signed JWH today?

It would be good if something positive was coming out of the club as to what the intentions are of strengthening the squad, not long to go before the start of the season now, has as been the criticism of many posters on this site the lack of a club website is not good it seems to be all cloak and dagger stuff.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

It would be good if something positive was coming out of the club as to what the intentions are of strengthening the squad, not long to go before the start of the season now, has as been the criticism of many posters on this site the lack of a club website is not good it seems to be all cloak and dagger stuff.

The club have made it clear their intention to continue recruiting Harry, but they've also said they aren't rushing into signing someone for the sake of it. In terms of the final quota spot, we just need to be patient. This time last year we hadn't even signed Ipape yet, let alone players like Kai O'Donnell/Lachlan Lam. In terms of NRL recruitment, there is always a bit of a quiet spot for the UK around late December/January. The first wave of players tend to be available immediately after post season, then once NRL clubs start playing trial games and players get an inclination of whether or not they'll be first choice, there is always a second wave of availability as players chase game time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The club have made it clear their intention to continue recruiting Harry, but they've also said they aren't rushing into signing someone for the sake of it. In terms of the final quota spot, we just need to be patient. This time last year we hadn't even signed Ipape yet, let alone players like Kai O'Donnell/Lachlan Lam. In terms of NRL recruitment, there is always a bit of a quiet spot for the UK around late December/January. The first wave of players tend to be available immediately after post season, then once NRL clubs start playing trial games and players get an inclination of whether or not they'll be first choice, there is always a second wave of availability as players chase game time.

With due respect Rob players like the ones you mention - and others - were the icing on a substantial cake that was good enough to compete in the Championship, I do not believe that the squad is strong enough at this moment in time to give us a good start with a tough opening programme, we all know the saying that losing is a bad habit to shake off, hope I am wrong but it is a feeling I have.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

With due respect Rob players like the ones you mention - and others - were the icing on a substantial cake that was good enough to compete in the Championship, I do not believe that the squad is strong enough at this moment in time to give us a good start with a tough opening programme, we all know the saying that losing is a bad habit to shake off, hope I am wrong but it is a feeling I have.

The squad all fit is fine Harry , but as Leythers we know how these things go in SL for us , we'd normally need a squad of 35 as we've seen in seasons past , so we'll just have to cross our fingers and 🙏 

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Be patient, all is done and it’s now about build up

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Bevan French,AGAIN.

Leigh's interest certainly cost Wigan a lot of money Dav, think back it took Bevan a long time to agree a new deal with Wigan, what they initially offered was way below what Leigh came in with, Wigan had to submit quite considerably more than they had previously to outbid Leigh but they had to do it, 1, for what he brings to field of play (no pun intended) and 2, I shouldn't imagine it would have gone down very well with the Wigan public if he had chosen little Leigh over their big neighbours.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh's interest certainly cost Wigan a lot of money Dav, think back it took Bevan a long time to agree a new deal with Wigan, what they initially offered was way below what Leigh came in with, Wigan had to submit quite considerably more than they had previously to outbid Leigh but they had to do it, 1, for what he brings to field of play (no pun intended) and 2, I shouldn't imagine it would have gone down very well with the Wigan public if he had chosen little Leigh over their big neighbours.

I seriously doubt Leigh were ever a serious option for French & it was the  interest from NRL clubs drove his improved contract offer.