The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

Five of the Lopards’ first eight games are against last year’s play-off teams with Hull, under Smith, and Warrington, under what is now a Powell team, thrown in, is a baptism of fire. The earlier they get a couple of wins under their belt, the better. 

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The earlier they get a couple of wins under their belt, the better. 

Yeah, that's right and they can sort those out once SRD have flogged them first.

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Five of the Lopards’ first eight games are against last year’s play-off teams with Hull, under Smith, and Warrington, under what is now a Powell team, thrown in, is a baptism of fire. The earlier they get a couple of wins under their belt, the better. 

There's only 11 teams we play , so no easy runs 

Just now, Oxford said:

Yeah, that's right and they can sort those out once SRD have flogged them first.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Salford have ever beat Leigh at the LSV. I quite fancy our chances considering Salfords current injury issues. Should be a cracking game and hopefully somewhere close to a sell out with the pre match entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think Salford have ever beat Leigh at the LSV. I quite fancy our chances considering Salfords current injury issues. Should be a cracking game and hopefully somewhere close to a sell out with the pre match entertainment. 

They beat us in the very first match ever at the LSV 

We beat them at the very first game at the AJ Bell 

1 minute ago, binosh said:

I’d be happy to stay up for this season and build, we h an free never had t the FB chance to do that, I’d be overjoyed to not be in a relegation battle all season on top of that.

If we can get into a decent position come contract season I can see a very healthy 2024 with no loans to repay, fulll cap budget and an Academy squad to look forward to

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

If we can get into a decent position come contract season I can see a very healthy 2024 with no loans to repay, fulll cap budget and an Academy squad to look forward to

Exactly that, we have always been that worried about fighting a relegation battle we have never been able to plan forward, build a squad early and plan for another year in SL.

22 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

How competitive do Leigh fans expect them to be this season with the new signings?

What will be the target?

Just stay up/a good cup run and mid table comfort/a run at a playoff spot?

I honestly don't know what to expect this season. Sidlow, Stone, Inu, Ferguson and Aetkins were very important players for us last season. Time will tell how well they've been replaced. Though, Inu's goalkicking doesn't appear to have been replaced, and that could be the difference in a number of games.

My hope is that we remain competitive, even if the results don't go our way for spells. There were chunks of the 2017 season, and the majority of 2021 season where I wasn't sure where the next win would come from. Hopefully Lam will do a better job of keeping the players focussed than Jukes and Duffy / Haggerty were able to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I honestly don't know what to expect this season. Sidlow, Stone, Inu, Ferguson and Aetkins were very important players for us last season. Time will tell how well they've been replaced. Though, Inu's goalkicking doesn't appear to have been replaced, and that could be the difference in a number of games.

My hope is that we remain competitive, even if the results don't go our way for spells. There were chunks of the 2017 season, and the majority of 2021 season where I wasn't sure where the next win would come from. Hopefully Lam will do a better job of keeping the players focussed than Jukes and Duffy / Haggerty were able to.

Hardaker can kick a bit though he can be erratic with it at times.

2 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Hardaker can kick a bit though he can be erratic with it at times.

Ben Reynolds is quite an accomplished kicker but will he get in the team though, up to his injury last season I thought he was the better of the two halves between him and Mellor, his game changed enormously for the better under Mr Lam but since the arrival of Lam Jnr. there is only room for one, if kicking becomes a problem Reynolds just may get the nod.

Please don't any Leigh fan mention Chamberlain as a kicker.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a no brainer for the kid. He will get the best training early in his development, have a great experience as a young lad on the other side of the world, may get a sniff of action in the NRL and still only be 22 if it doesn't work out with a long line of suitors back here.

• Like 2

Tee Ritson breathes a heavy sign of relief.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

Saints have been heavily linked since we knew Regan Grace was going and had eyed him up for 2024. You can’t blame him for choosing Sydney over St Helens. 

If Saints had shown him the delights of Fingerpost and a meet-up with the “FPP - Fingerpost Posse” he could’ve been ours.

I hope he is a revelation in the NRL despite our game losing him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why wait till '24? 

Because he's still under contract and why would Wakey release one of their star players just weeks before the start of the SL season. I seriously doubt Murphy has an "NRL Release" clause in his current contract with them that allows him to leave early.

Transfers fees count on the NRL SC so the Roosters wont pay a fee to get him early when he's still a largely unproven player at the top level. They only tend to pay fees to try and land top class international players in SL. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions