The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Because he's still under contract and why would Wakey release one of their star players just weeks before the start of the SL season. I seriously doubt Murphy has an "NRL Release" clause in his current contract with them that allows him to leave early.

Transfers fees count on the NRL SC so the Roosters wont pay a fee to get him early when he's still a largely unproven player at the top level. They only tend to pay fees to try and land top class international players in SL. 

Toppy dear heart, read back what I said can you not see the irony of my comment.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Ben Laguerre has finally made it official and joined TO full time. Brochon and Lima will be next. I think officially they have to wait until the end of the Elite season to sign but they are going to Barrow for the opening match so I don't know if that is an indication that they will also sign to become Professional. 

40 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Ah, James Cunningham. A reverse Midas touch of a human. Relegated with Leigh, London and Toulouse and Toronto went pop when he was there. Not someone you’d want in a lottery syndicate. 

Just trying to get Leigh in the convo??  He has never played for Leigh to my knowledge

Here we go again .....

Just now, DemonUK said:

Just trying to get Leigh in the convo??  He has never played for Leigh to my knowledge

Unbelievably, I’m as interested in dragging Leigh’s lopard printed name into every conversation as I am having fillings every hour for the rest of my life. A mistake, I had it in my mind that he had.

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Unbelievably, I’m as interested in dragging Leigh’s lopard printed name into every conversation as I am having fillings every hour for the rest of my life. A mistake, I had it in my mind that he had.

He was supposed to sign for Leigh on loan as part of the loan swap deal that included Nathan Peats and Nathaniel Peteru going from Leigh to Hudds and Jack Ashworth coming the other way. He backed out last minute and instead didn't play at all for the rest of 2021.

16 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

He was supposed to sign for Leigh on loan as part of the loan swap deal that included Nathan Peats and Nathaniel Peteru going from Leigh to Hudds and Jack Ashworth coming the other way. He backed out last minute and instead didn't play at all for the rest of 2021.

Ah, I knew there was something that made me think he had played for Leigh. Must have been that, cheers. 

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I'm intrigued Josef, what is the FPP?

Sorry Harry for not saying who the FPP are. They think they’re GANGSTAS from the hood. They have stuck their symbol (or whatever it’s called) around certain areas of St Helens. I think they think they live in Baltimore on North Monroe Street guarding their turf. I did see a woman in St Helens town centre last year with FPP tattoo on her neck : - ( 
There has been a few names written on walls in that area being called grasses, one lad was a super grass. Fingerpost is a run down area but the majority of people are decent people it’s just that minority. I believe they put something on YouTube a good while back, but i have never watched it. 

9 hours ago, Josef K said:

Sorry Harry for not saying who the FPP are. They think they’re GANGSTAS from the hood. They have stuck their symbol (or whatever it’s called) around certain areas of St Helens. I think they think they live in Baltimore on North Monroe Street guarding their turf. I did see a woman in St Helens town centre last year with FPP tattoo on her neck : - ( 
There has been a few names written on walls in that area being called grasses, one lad was a super grass. Fingerpost is a run down area but the majority of people are decent people it’s just that minority. I believe they put something on YouTube a good while back, but i have never watched it. 

I know where Fingerpost is Josef, I worked at a company in Haydock 40 something years ago and we manufactured and installed the conveyor systems in Pilks  UK5 plant so went past Fingerpost each day for about 18 months.

• Like 1

PNG Kumul Emmanuel Waine joins the London Broncos, very good player for the PNG Hunter over the last couple of seasons in QCup. Predominantly a forward now but very capable in the outside backs as well, a very explosive player and built like a brick as most of his countrymen are.

1 hour ago, UTK said:

PNG Kumul Emmanuel Waine joins the London Broncos, very good player for the PNG Hunter over the last couple of seasons in QCup. Predominantly a forward now but very capable in the outside backs as well, a very explosive player and built like a brick as most of his countrymen are.

Looks like a pretty explosive player, looking forward to seeing him play this season!

On 01/02/2023 at 16:42, Jughead said:

Ah, James Cunningham. A reverse Midas touch of a human. Relegated with Leigh, London and Toulouse and Toronto went pop when he was there. Not someone you’d want in a lottery syndicate. 

Sounds like the guy who played for Salford and Widnes Vaine Gray 

23 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Sounds like the guy who played for Salford and Widnes Vaine Gray 

I presume you mean Gray Viane ?

Saints brought him over from the NRL and he was something of a flop, playing only a handful of games before they offloaded him to Widnes, who then offloaded him to Cas, who then offloaded him to Salford, who then couldn't offload him to anyone else as nobody would take him. I think he just returned to Aus and played lower leagues after that.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints brought him over from the NRL and he was something of a flop, playing only a handful of games before they offloaded him to Widnes, who then offloaded him to Cas, who then offloaded him to Salford, who then couldn't offload him to anyone else as nobody would take him. I think he just returned to Aus and played lower leagues after that.

Is that him who dropped Ben Westwood?

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Wikipedia (I know, I know) says he got 13 in 20 for Widnes and 14 in 21 for Cas, which, if true, are very good returns. 

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

thats the guy!, I thought I was doing well digging his name out at all. think he was with Cas when they were relegated, Widnes when they went and Salford when we went