The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I'm not sure the relevance to be fair. Ive heard one side of the story from the fall out but it sounded like idrew knew the Salford side so I'd be interested to hear that.

Intelligence factor.

Not sure about a falling out, wouldn't it be like playing chess with a pigeon ? 

On 14/03/2023 at 14:48, The Blues Ox said:

Ryan King departs Halifax after failing to settle. Possibly back to Haven? Fax announcing a signing at 4pm today. I imagine it will be a loan signing.

How did Gannon do at Fax? Is he still there?

• 2 weeks later...

Fax new signing announced at 7pm tonight. Rumor is ex Fax player with more clubs than tiger woods and couldn't break through a wet paper bag. Can you tell Im excited? Im hoping its a smokescreen and we have actually signed a centre as we are desparatley in need of a couple, either Thornley or Miloudi would be nice.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Confirmed Dan Fleming. Awful signing. Would rather we signed Will maher.......Oh.

Excellent. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

15 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Daryl Clark and Sam Walters to Saints both reasonably loud romours currently.

Don’t t know were the Walters to Saints is coming from, Walters is disgruntled that he cannot get a game at Leeds Doubt he’d get anywhere near Saints side. Was average on loan at Bradford, think thats his level at the moment. 

• Like 1

Not having a go at Bradford because Im really not bothered where they get their players from as the same rules are open to everyone but my question is about the rules. There used to be a limit on the number of loans that you could have in a season, is that still the case? Bradford must have racked up a number of actual loans now rather than just DR musn't they?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not having a go at Bradford because Im really not bothered where they get their players from as the same rules are open to everyone but my question is about the rules. There used to be a limit on the number of loans that you could have in a season, is that still the case? Bradford must have racked up a number of actual loans now rather than just DR musn't they?

The limit is on matchday squad, i think it's 5 loans/DR in a 21 man squad, but only up to 4 of them can be DR(could have all 5 be loan)

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

As LeytherRob said  there's only the limit (5, inc maximum 4 DR) on how many you can have in the 21-man squad.

I think Bradford now have 5 loan players on their book - Fenton Rogers, Jake Bibby, Jason Qareqare, Rob Butler and Connor Wynne. That said I think a couple of those are eligible to head back to their parent clubs now after being at Bradford for 2 weeks.

Even the loanees there will have to look over their shoulder, not sure how they plan to continue to fit in the Leeds DR contingent when they are available but Bradford have already dispensed with George Roby who was meant to be on season-long loan with them and has ended up with Swinton again. Looked like he wasn't going to get a look-in once they switched Lilley to 9 and I guess Roby's disciplinary record wasn't helping.

It's all perfectly within the rules of course as Blues Ox says and every other Championship club has used DR/short-term loans at some stage, but Bradford have made such a big thing about their supposed change of culture and also their academy this year that I'm not surprised that some of their fans seem a bit restless about it.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As LeytherRob said  there's only the limit (5, inc maximum 4 DR) on how many you can have in the 21-man squad.

I think Bradford now have 5 loan players on their book - Fenton Rogers, Jake Bibby, Jason Qareqare, Rob Butler and Connor Wynne. That said I think a couple of those are eligible to head back to their parent clubs now after being at Bradford for 2 weeks.

Even the loanees there will have to look over their shoulder, not sure how they plan to continue to fit in the Leeds DR contingent when they are available but Bradford have already dispensed with George Roby who was meant to be on season-long loan with them and has ended up with Swinton again. Looked like he wasn't going to get a look-in once they switched Lilley to 9 and I guess Roby's disciplinary record wasn't helping.

It's all perfectly within the rules of course as Blues Ox says and every other Championship club has used DR/short-term loans at some stage, but Bradford have made such a big thing about their supposed change of culture and also their academy this year that I'm not surprised that some of their fans seem a bit restless about it.

IIRC one of the reasons they (and Cas) were initially denied an 'elite' Academy was that not enough of the players 'made it'. Seems things haven't changed......

10 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Luke Gale apparently going to Wakey

He'll be even less effective in a poor trinity side , should have stayed ,the champ is about the right level nowadays for him.

• Like 1